Gran Turismo 6 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo 6

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BlackBird007, Sep 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The sound is disappointing also. I thought the car sounds were going to be significantly improved in GT6, but they seem identical to GT5.

2. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Supposedly sounds will get re-vamped via an update to come at a later date.

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Yeah, a new generation of Dyson and Hoovers is just around the corner. Eddy Van Halen even lent Kazanori his phase shifter pedal again.

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yeah sounds seem identical. I will say one thing though- this is the last of the games that aren't some corporate BS. Sure this thing has to make money, but it still feels like it's some man's dream, and that's why I still love it, warts and all.

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1....

6. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    my GT6 sounds like a Kirby so there!

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    elitist audio snob!

8. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Doing the glitch now, it's quite apparent PD has severely pulled back the amount of money you earn in an attempt to get you to buy credit with real money. I'm a good way through the game and still broke, relatively.

9. suggett48116

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    exactly my feeling. I had everything done up to the international a license and still hadn't reached 1 million bucks.

10. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I believe I read somewhere that doing the entire game once and only using prize cars will net you a total of $7m, that's just ridiculous.

11. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I'm getting offers for this game as a present to me, but I'm declining them all. Polyphony is too disappointing, I don't even want the game for free! I'm still bummed out about GT5 tbh, Forza is making far more fun games with far more relevant cars.

12. bentrm

bentrm Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I just tried the $20 million glitch. Nope. Didn't work for me. Cost me 700,000 cr. FWIW, I have the 15th anniversary version. So...waaaaah for me.

13. bentrm

bentrm Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ummm...I musta done something wrong the first time. Tried it again with the BMW M4 and it worked. Sorry.

14. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It might have already been patched but really not sure yet. Also finding out that even though the game has boasting 1200 plus cars, there is only room in your garage for 500 of them but that might be a another bug as well.

I did the rally IB off road & snow rally challenges last night & found it all to easy, not really much to it. With the 25 cars the anniversary addition provides, the Audi Quattro stomps every thing else. Tonight I played Dirt 3, a game that was released back in 2011 & I really found it a bit more enjoyable. The engine sounds, crash physics, tracks, & even graphics seem better than GT6.

15. bentrm

bentrm Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There is something called the "stockyard" where you can supposedly store 9,999 cars.

16. suggett48116

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    bought the nitrous tune part and can't get it to work? I drive the car push EVERY button over and over and nothing happens!

17. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't think there is a default button for it, once mapped it worked fine for me.

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I got mine and played an hour today. Cant see much difference in terms of graphics with GT5. Actually it seems the cars have a mirror like paint in some angles which is pretty bad.
    Sound for the 458 is still awful. XKRS has a decent sound though.

Everything i *****ed about GT1/2/3/4/5 is still there (Countless Nissans and such, stupid championships, slow loading menus).

The plus are the new tracks and some new cars.

The paint/customisation is still below forza.

Can you turn off body damage??

19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Includes a repair to the winnings. I went from $300k to $2MM in a single event. Also adds a new Vettel/Newey "Formula Driving School" (I haven't opened International B license yet) that sounds pretty cool. I believe there will similarly be something built around Senna in the future...and all of this is free.

While the game does have warts, I really like the depth of support Polyphony is putting around it. While no Vettel fan, I'm looking forward to unlocking that feature and seeing what the Red Bull team bring to the GT6 experience.

20. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The Red Bull Formula X2014 Jr. are a blast to race, very fun challenge & the cars stick to the course very well but not all that high powered. The best I could to is finish 2nd in the series. Not all that much of a fan of the 125cc karts, one bump into a wall & then your in 12th place. That new arena track is a pain in the arse.

I'm currently on the IA challenges, at least the payouts have increased. Gotta buy some more Ferraris.

21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Do the seasonal events...you get to the $1MM+ range very quickly. Same with the Goodwood challenges.

Yeah, not real happy about the karts...one mistake is fatal. And yes, that new arena track is terrible!

22. xku807

xku807 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    John
    The Goodwood event was fun. You need a Logitech G27 and PlaySeat though to bag gold with that last one with the ridiculously fast Red Bull car.

23. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I'm a huge fan of the X2014 Junior I hate to say. Drives VERY well and actually controllable as opposed to the full blown monstrosity.

24. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    So fun, but i still couldn't get below 7 mins at the Nurburgring. Its lack of horsepower offsets the impeccable road manners and handling.

25. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Still playing, has anyone had issues with the IB NASCAR challenges? I know it's all about drafting but one bump into the wall, I get airborn then wind up in 16th place.

@#$%!!