Gran Turismo 5 release date announced!! | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo 5 release date announced!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BlackBird007, Jun 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Cant wait! I'm tired of playing X box!

3. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Wow it looks incredible. The lighting is simply in a class of its own. There are no other racing game with graphics as good !

Here's an uncompressed direct feed of the new E3 trailer to stream or download.

http://cdn2.gran-turismo.com/jp/common/data2/movie/20100615_e3_jp_eu/gt5_e3_2010.mov

A GT Planet member recorded this video on a demo kiosk at E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1OZCwRGFUA&feature=player_embedded

It shows the lighting cycle from day to night over the course of one lap. The headlights and reflection on the road signs look very realistic.

Tommorrow there is a closed door, invitation only, media event with Polyphony Digital. Hopefully some more details will leak. I'd like to know more about the rumored track editor.

4. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'm not gonna lie that looks immense. I always joked that the only reason I would buy a Ps3 is for GT5, but now I might have too.

5. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I feel the same way, I'm just worried about replayability. I feel like after a month its going to get really boring.

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm 42 years old, and I play mine almost every night for about an hour... the best relaxation i can find. Never get boring to me.

I'm running the x box now for the Nurburgring, you can run that all night long and never get tired!

7. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    #7 Schaden, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  8. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I can't wait, I may take the week off! :)

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm desperately waiting for this game, but won't hold my breath until I see it. They have announced it so many times and let us down.

The developer needs to realize that instead of 100 incarnations of Camrys and Civics all we need are the top 10 supercars and the top ten real race tracks on this planet.

Somehow this all sounds like Duke Nuke'em Forever. :(

10. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Boy, I better get working on that announcement........."We regret to inform our valued customers that the release date for the upcoming Gran Turismo 5 has been pushed back to................"

Hope I'm wrong, but same old same old until proven otherwise.

11. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    FINALLY, I really hope this is true. That trailer is epic I can't believe what they are able to do with the PS3.

12. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
  13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  14. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wow it looks insane. I kinda feel like they're cramming too much racing into one game though. I didn't buy Forza 3 to race NASCAR or Indy's, so don't put them in there. Just my opinion though.

However, even though I don't own a PS3, I might buy GT5 and take over my roommate's :D

15. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    This is actually the first solid, actual date that they've ever given for release other than sometime in spring in Japan. I really agree with you about the number of incarnations, especially with the GTR's.

We have to petition them to put in some patrol cars, or at least puts some reds and blues on some FCars! :)

16. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I'm excited about the release date, but I'll believe it when I put the disc in my PS3. This game is going to be epic, but then it had better be, its taken long enough just to get this far.

17. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thats what I said about Avatar.