Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, Nov 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    wats with da hate zen :D

2. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    2000 Ferrari 360 F1 Coupe
    Silver / Grey
    $1599 / month

Available today at Don L. Leasing

www.donlleasing.com/leasespecial.asp

3. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ECers Rock. I would also venture to say ECers a bit looser and bit more fun than your average Hedge Fund Harry.

Plus, even if you are a Hedge-Fund Harry YOU DON"T WANT TO HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF!

YOU WANT TO HANG WITH COOL PEOPLE IN INTERESTING LINES OF WORK WHO HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF DRINKING VEUVE CLICQUOT OUT OF KYLIE BAX'S NAVEL BEFORE THE END OF ANY GIVEN EVENING!

So there.

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    how much $$$ do u have to put down on this car anyways to get to $1599/mo? im just curious, i never leased cars before

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Real EC plaYaz only do Cristal or Dom.....dont do Veuve Clicquot :)
    and we be drinking it from not her navel, but elsewhere

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    lmao good one!

I am just a newbie..thus I asked. Just learning man. :)

7. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I assumed you would know that it was a magnum of Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame...Not yellow label.

Cristal or Dom is for 3-rd string ball players with studios that have black pleather couches and leased M3s.

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I'd not touch Don L. to scratch him.

Hubert who cares: It's all deductible. These aren't leases as much as they are equity secured balloon notes for non-capitalized business expenses based on a fixed depreciating asset. :D I'd never pay for a car -- it's just gonna depreciate. Finance that sukka and keep the $$ in your pocket at the end of the year...

9. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob

Spot on Brother...

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    FWERRFF!

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    u didnt say it was da La Grande Dame :)

12. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    you got me!

I thought it went without saying that you guys wouldn't be caught dead with Yellow Label Veuve.

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i dont want to get into the whole leasing shiite, but Im upfront. I dont know much about how to properly 'lease'/'finance' a car to make it deductable. Im going to have to consult with you when the next car comes around Emil :)

14. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    All kidding aside, I prefer Perrie-Jouet.

15. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    what 3rd string ball players have leased m3s? Are we talking about the knicks?

Cuz even on the weak coast, the housekeepers are rolling in M3s. Third string ballers are doing much better. ;)

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    whatever the case, im not plAya enough to buy myself $1000 bottles of any kind of wine, cuz Id rather spend it on b!tches instead :)

17. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob

"After the second glass....It all tastes like 7-up."

18. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    plaYaz would say.....'After the 3rd Bottle.....It all tastes like Sprite'

Sprite over 7-up anyday :)

19. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob

Hey! I was the one that said bottle service is a joke. I can get you a bottle of Grande Dame for $120...Delivered..

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    LOL, was thinking the same thing...

21. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Sprite. Yeah, gots to go that way on that...

22. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<" It's all about the money
    Last night, I attended a panel discussion on the state of New York nightlife. It was put together by David Hershkovits, the co-founder of Paper Magazine who just put out a book with his partner Kim Hastreiter, 20 Years of Style: The World According to PAPER. The panel members were Chi Chi Valenti (Jackie 60, Mother, Jackie Factory), Steven Lewis (who used to promote clubs like Danceteria, World, Palace De Beaute, Palladium, Tunnel and Limelight and now designs celeb-bottle-service-beasts like Butter, Spa, Marquee and Plaid), David Rabin (owns Lotus and is on the NY Nightlife Association), Richie Rich (club kid, former ice skater), Serge Becker (Joe's Pub, Volume--sniff), Theo Kogan (ex-Lunachick runs the panty parties on Saturdays at Opaline, and who I realize I saw at the Park Slope Beacon's Closet a while ago--she's beautiful).
    Whew, anyway, so these people got together to discuss the state of New York nightlife, which arguably says a lot about the state of the city's nightlife without anybody opening their mouths. It all came back to money and how creativity and money don't go hand-in-hand anymore, at least not in New York. Which I found sad and a little inspiring. I'm all for capitalism, but it would be nice to see someone do something not motivated out of sheer greed. The question doesn't seem to be "Can we make enough money off this to support ourselves?" but "How much money can we make off this?" Most of the people running the clubs today are people who do it solely to make money (although they probably have a teeny bit of hubris involved as well :) and not to do anything for the scene. Steven Lewis said he was outside Marquee the other night and they wouldn't let this one guy in until he had agreed to buy 7 bottles! At $300ish dollars a bottle, he had to put down at least $2,100--do you still tip 20% on bottles?--before they'd even let him into the club. Now, this guy could have been a total dweeb, but if that's what nightlife has come to ...
    I suppose one way to look at it is that we've got them all cordoned off--all the people willing to sell their souls for a touch of nightlife that doesn't even sparkle. So the rest of us should have plenty of space to enjoy something truly dramatic, creative, mind-bending, awe-inspiring without all that crap.

So where do we go from here?">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

23. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Having been married for nine years and with two little kids, I haven't been in the scene for quite awhile. However I do remember having a major blowout
    with the manager of Stringfellow's gentleman's club years ago. I hosted my brother's bachelor party there. We had about eight guys, spared no expense, steak, cigars, champagne, cognac, many,many table dances at 20 bucks a-pop, the whole shebang. I probably dropped $3,500 that night and was happy to do so. What infuriated me (and still does to this day) is looking over the bill and seeing "cover charge-$30.00 per person". According to management, even if you spend multiple thousands of dollars for dinner you still have to bend over just...a ...little bit...farther so we can rape you with a penny-ante cover charge. Prick manager wouldn't even waive it so we stormed out. Years later when I heard Guiliani shut the place down I couldn't help but laugh!

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Perfect example of being "penny wise, pound foolish."

25. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    Heard that some got stuck with the drink bill again, can't believe a year later nothing has changed... Let this B a Public SerViCe ReMinDer To ALL, MOds INcluded.

Bottom Line: jUSt sAy NO 2 rEMorAs !