got my gtr | Page 2 | FerrariChat

got my gtr

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Jun 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    My bad, I meant the GTR

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    gtr is favorite car ive ever owned. had it 6 months, 5k miles, 5 track days. all season tires made it thru 1 snow storm. i dont care how much it weighs, to me it feels like a sports car. much more like gt3 than porsche tt. only complaint is its way too quiet. just did midpipe for about $650 installed. its better but not good enough so next step catback.

3. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    The GT-R is really an oddball automobile. I have read so many reviews that ding it for removing driver involvement. The GT-R makes feels so stable and safe it makes going triple digits on oval banks feel like a stroll in the park. The wearing position, interior space, trunk space, interior quality all says 'daily driver.' driving around town you would sometimes forget how amazing this car is when pushed. It is surreal Nissan built a car with super car caliber performance that can be driven by my wife to pick up eggs at grocery store. ( please don't scrap the front spoiler.....)

The exhaust is quiet though, almost too quiet. I believe the 370Z Nissan makes actually has a better exhaust note. I got midpipe on mind it simply increases the volume, not really quality of exhaust note. Better than the Porsche we had, but still cannot be compared to any Italian exotics nor American muscle.

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have a 2010, just turned 27k miles and no problems except for a burned out LED on the dash that was replaced under warranty. Many track days, no warranty issues and just bought a 7 year/70k mile extended warranty for it. Best daily driver I've ever owned.

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    "What Veyron?"
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbDefxZoo8[/ame]

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I have read that the GTR GPS has race tracks in its data base so the dealer can tell if you've been driving on a track?

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    That is a possibilty but if I may add...the GTR in the video is close to 1500hp so I doubt the owner cares about his warranty. When someone has the means to build an engine that produces over twice the stock hp they probably know they have negated all of their warranty. Hopefully I did not come off as pissy/arrogant or condescending, just enjoying insane hp.

8. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    How much did you put down? $1400 for an $88k car lease seems really high..I would of purchased it instead ,as these will hold some value..

9. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley

You posted a video that is being presented out of context, the Veyron owner was not going full throttle because of the wet conditions. The other Dozen videos on Dragtimes showed the Veyron was clearly faster.

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    not on a street car! Increasing the likelihood of a fatal head injury in a small accident doesn't sound very good to me.

11. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    It is very clear the Veyron owner was not going balls out like the GTR. My intent was to show one extremely fast GTR and nothing more.

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The only lease I would consider is a company car yet then again too each their own.

13. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #38 atomicskiracer, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    Yikes, 50k on a three year lease. Why would you not buy? Clearly after that time period the car would be worth over 50k, that lease is equivalent to Ferrari depreciation

14. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #39 texasmr2, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Please correct me if I am wrong or you disagree but for myself I would not lease a performance car when I could actually be buying it for the same amount of monthly lease payments.

No disrespect towards the OP.

15. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I leased my gt3 prior to this and i was able to write off some of it in taxes and most importantly i sold it for profit during last month of lease. I intend to do same with gtr. Anticipate about $10k over buy back. And the car is modded with the work done by dealer and i take it on about 10 trackdays/yr including the nissan gtr experience.

Despite all of above, i should have bought it bc i really love it and would like to keep it longer. Unfortunately, didnt know this as i bought it sight unseen

16. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Get a new 2012 one, a Spec V/Black Edition!