Got a weird one | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Got a weird one

Discussion in '348/355' started by cactussed, Mar 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  2. cactussed

cactussed Karting

Mar 12, 2008
    Qavion
    You don't have that diagram labelled for the whole connector by any chance? It'd be hugely helpful!

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #28 Qavion, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Not labelled, but you can follow the coloured lines...

https://www.dropbox.com/t/LBZ5tAaVDal2lKpv

(Assuming you're from the USA and have a non-F1 car).

For the injectors, the green/black wires are power. The other colours are signals from the ECU to fire the injectors. By the way, the mini graphic in my previous post is the connector, not the ECU (as viewed from the pin side).

Link expires in 6 days

4. cactussed

cactussed Karting

Mar 12, 2008
    I'm actually UK based, so European car, but non-F1.
    Thanks for the link, that's hugely helpful. Just need to figure out how to read it now!

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #30 Qavion, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    If you're just checking the wiring between the injectors and the ECU, then that diagram is all you need. The pin numbers are actually marked on the side of the ECU plug (They're hard to see, so that's why I provided the graphic)

If you're chasing power for the injectors (in general) you'll also need this diagram:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/f2nr8CE6nO9DMQFa

Injector power is on the green wire (black stripe)*. All the green/black wires on the injectors are spliced together at splice "30013" (first diagram). Power is fed to that splice from plug 41090 (near the ECU). Power goes to that plug from "M" in the footwell. For info, relay M also powers the exhaust bypass valve and the fuel pump relay solenoid, so it's unlikely to be a power problem, more an ECU control or other problem.

* colour code VN

If you hit the preview button on the link provided, and then hit "print" once or twice, the file is converted to a pdf file. Some prefer this type of file. However, the "purest" image is created if you preview the dropbox link at 100% magnification.

6. cactussed

cactussed Karting

Mar 12, 2008
    Its about this time I start googling auto electricians....
    Going to start testing pinouts / continuity to all the engine plugs

7. cactussed

cactussed Karting

Mar 12, 2008
    Oh, and a big thank you for the help thus far.

Qavion likes this.