Got a flat tire.... | FerrariChat

Got a flat tire....

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Jimmy540i, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    :(

Fixed and up & running now. :)

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Posted on the ther off topic forum, guess this is the right board....

:(

Got a flat....

Fixed and up & running now. :)

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Is this another one, or is it the same picture you posted on Speedzilla months ago and got really burned/owned by the board?

Just curious, if this is recent, or just those old pics.

Also please don't double post in different forums.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Man, I felt really bad seeing your flat tire.

But now it's fixed and everything is fine.

So now I don't care.

BTW, I am drinking a Diet Coke. It was good, but now it's done.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

LoL nice one doc! I wasn't gonna bring it up literally. Lol, Jimmy takes quite a beating on that board.

7. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Ryan, don't you agree, that last little 1/4 is tough (I guess the 748 has 190s?) to get rid of? I never have had chicken strips on any bike with 180s.

8. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I agree doc. My 748 has 180/55/17s.

9. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Damn ... those Speedzilla guys sure look like arseholes!
    Chicken strips? What if someone rides on the open roads? wtf???

10. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

That's why God made Hayabusas. :)

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Zorro,

I agree if you commute with your bike, you will have chicken strips. I used to commute on a gixxer 750 a few years back, though I ripped it up on the weekends.

Nonetheless that is understandable. However before calling speedzilla guys A holes (there are many F chatters there) you will have to know the whole Jimmy Vs. Speedzilla story to get a full glimpse of it. ;)

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jimmy, care to fill me in on what a chicken strip is?

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I've got 2 flat in 4 weeks

as for some individuals in speedzilla, I alway have this "There are different kinds and levels of cars, bike as well as PEOPLE". Don't wanna fool with those aren't my league

14. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I'm guessing its that inch or so of black you can see on his tires. Notice how the center is mainly grey, but the edges are black? It means he's not leaning the bike heavily in corners, and thus that part of the tire is not getting any wear. Why that forum were being such jacks about it I don't know.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The reason that the Speedzilla guys give Jimmy such a hard time is his posts ... ie. Here is why wonderful Ferrari, and oh look at me risking other peoples lives in my modified BMW and here is my flat tyre on my bike (along with 400 pictures of a fncken flat tyre for God's sake).

Some of us do NOT have broadband and there was NO need for a picture, hell we all know what a 996/8 looks like and a flat tyre.

Jimmy is learning though and for this I give him a pat on the back. You see not all of us are fortunate enough to be able to buy a brand new Ferrari at 19 (or whatever his age is) and also have 3 (I think) Ducati superbikes that are hardly ever used and obviously a bloody good digital camera. You see I believe many on the speedzilla sight had to scrimp and save to finally make it to the Ducati superbike and achieve a dream ... thus they are way passionate about Ducatis, and thus feel Jimmy is not riding a Ducati the way it was intended. Heh I can see their point ... but it is a jealousy thing.

When one has access to such things and obviously an advantaged life (regarding material things anyway) it would be nice if they had the humility not to shove it in our faces all the time ...

Pete's on Jimmy's side ... and trying to help

ps: Jimmy would really score a huge goal if he enrolled in an advanced riding course (I do understand that he has had a bad accident on a Ducati ... I am not saying an advanced course would necessarily have made any difference ...) and attempted to learn how to ride one of those awesome bikes. Then he would find many on Speedzilla inviting him to join their riding group, not because he is a brilliant rider or whatever, but because he is trying to learn and understand fully what Ducatis are about.

I know as I can remember starting out in an Alfa Romeo car club and everybody views you as a stranger, but the minute you show that you are interested and appreciate the same things they are suddenly on your side and very supportive. If you choose not to and continue to use your car/bike as a show off tool to look good while grabbing a coffee ... well IMO you are really missing out on what the car/bike can give you back.

You see Alfa Romeo enthusiam for the diehards is pretty track focused ... and from what I know about Ducatis it appears to be the same. Show a little interest in that side and the world of Ducatis will open ...

16. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Indeed I don't know the whole story ... but from this particular post, it seemed pretty rude. The line between poking fun and being an a$$ was quite unclear thank you ... if it's jealousy as someone mentioned, well they actually are arseholes. I'm 21, have neither a Ducati nor Ferrari (just a Ford and Honda ... lol), but look up to people who do instead of bashing them. As far as shoving in the face ... uh ... in that particular post, all I see is a Duc on a flat bed? Not necesserily a superiority image! lol. I guess I should check out all the other posts ... barf ... too complicated.

Hayabusa? I've heard several stories of people roasting brand spanking new rear tires in just a couple track laps ... now that sounds good!!! LOL

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Try:

http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=25872
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=25230
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=27155
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=27575 (same topic again ...)
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=28264 (and to make sure we did not miss it ... a duplicate post in the superbike section below)
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=28263

Not to mention all the replies used to have a couple of huge pictures of his toys to make sure we did not miss them. I admit that Jimmy has changed this and again for that I applaud him.

I could go on ... but I like the guy and have nothing against rich kids, and they are his toys to do what he pleases. He had a relevant question to ask about the flat tyres ... but please somebody hide his camera :D :D.

Note: I've said the same thing to NNO about how he used to post a picture of every bloody Ferrari he saw. After we have seen a photo of the thousand'th 360 we don't need anymore that he just happened to stumble on to. Now if somebody has just bought one fair enough, let them show the world ...

Pete's just trying to help

ps:
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=25397
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=24005 (this one did not help his cause. Title my 1000 hp ... )
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=23868 (pictures of his Ferrari mouse pad ... )
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=23439
    http://speedzilla.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=22872 (this one really rubs everybody up the wrong way ... )

18. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    mmmk, Psk ... I'm gettin' it. Two things ... Jimmy is indeed a clown, or he's having a riot reading the speedzilla guys' replies. I must admit I was ROFLMAO every single time!!! hahahaha

19. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Geez. I dont know what to make out of this.
    But one things for sure, there's alot of tension over in those boards!

Jimmy is also a regular at the M5 boards as well i think.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Could be and thus I salute Jimmy! :D :D :D

Pete's ROFLMAO

21. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Geez what ever happened to being humble? People don't like it when you shove what you have in front of their face, and what do you personally gain? All the speedzilla people need to know is that he has his bikes, not what else he has.

On Ferrarichat nice thing is people dont get jealous as much as on other sites. Go and post images of your italian anything of a honda board and see what I mean.

22. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #22 LAfun2, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jimmy,

At the end of the day, no one really cares about all these internet drama. Its fun and entertaining and thats all. I know you have your own forum board off your website. I have seen you take some nasty licks over there at times. However, all I wanted to know was if this was the same picture as speedilla or you got another flat and what road it was on, as I want to avoid flats on my bike, if I know where I will get them.

Zorro,

You might perceive it as rude or whatnot, but you cannot judge a story without knowing its whole basis. For example if you come on this site and read my post, you would think I am a womanizing pig. On the other hand if you come and read NNO's one post, I am sure you would think he is a tree hugging, greenwich village living, painting on sundays, wearing skirt, kinda guy. Well you would have judged us both wrong.

Similar to you, I am 21 as well and do have a Ducati. Unlike you, I do not look up to people who have Ducatis or Ferraris. I look up to people who come from nothing in this world make it on their own, and raise their kids well. To me a persons materialistic belonging doesn't make them who they are. Sure I aspire to have things some people on this website have, but I certainly don't idolize them because of their things.

There are many different people in this world. THere are some that have money and no class. Then there are people who have true class. Class can not be bought. If you want to see rich without class, turn on MTV Cribs and look at Master P. He is worried about his gold teeth, gold ceiling in his bathtub, and his 1M $ acquarium. He has no class, but plenty of money. Then look at few of our own members. There is Armen from SO CAL. He has more ferraris than 8-9 members combined. He doesn't toot his own horn or post pics of his collection everyday. Have you seen his house? No, because he doesn't flaunt it. Look at another member Napolis. Truly a gentleman who doesn't need to show off, to feel good about himself. These people have class, and that is something money can't buy. SOme people allow others compliments to define who they are and make themselves feel good. SOme people have to post millions of pictures and get compliments like "OMG your garage is hot" and that makes them feel good. I don't know why that is. Maybe they lack a stable home life, maybe they have emotional deficiencies. Maybe they weren't loved as a child, or were shown love when their parents bought them stuff. I don't know. I do know that people who need other people's approvals to make themselve feel better, have much deeper problems than on a website.

I am not saying Jimmy is any of these things or any of these people, just making general comments based on the situation.

As far as who is the clown, I think Pete is. He usually has the funniest and most lively post, and I love reading his stuff. :) He truly speaks from the heart.

PSK,

I knew you would come to this thread and save the day. :D Haha, I love your responses all the time, you know that. However, I would disagree with you on the jealousy issue of people at speedzilla. There are some people on Speedzilla with more money than Jimmy. THere are some with less. I am one of those people that saved for 5.5 years to buy my Ducati. You can search my posts here or there and find my story. I have a passion for Ducati, and I think that is something that cant be bought with money. I don't want to judge other people's passion, I can only be sure of mine. :) I don't think they are jealous of him. They are annoyed by his pictures like you mentioned, and many other reasons, but jealousy isn't one of them.

Also I don't think comparing NNO to Jimmy is fair. Sure NNO posts pictures that I don't like sometimes and is overly politically correct, but that is different. I am including my favorite picture that Jimmy has posted. This picture in essence will tell you the diff between Jimmy and NNO. If you can't see it, then I won't bother saying it out loud. :D ;) :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes good point and I appologise to NNO. I was trying to discuss the unnecessary pictures thing not branding NNO as the same insecure about himself person as Jimmy. NNO is enthuisastic not insecure :)

Pete's appologising to NNO ...
    ps: Heh just noticed this:

Yep true Kiwi come Aussie, just clowning around ... plus you might be right about the jealousy thing. Maybe that is MY problem ;)

24. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    LAfun2, nice post.

25. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Damn PC bugged out when I was about to hit reply ... had a nice big post ... here's a short version of it.

LAFun2, agreed. The pic you posted is the exact illustration of what I called a clown. Since he posted "my last F cruise pics" 20 times and got blasted 20 times, I assume he's doing it on purpose ... otherwise, I can't see how he will be able to keep the F and Ducs later on in life ... LOL

But don't get me wrong, the looking up to is not idolizing!! I don't have a poster of Armen or Jimmy in my room!!! :D LMAO!! By looking up to, I meant more like having a larger view on life than just around the block. I'm still in college, and changing directions for my professional life can still be done (while staying in what I like, of course, no way I'm becoming a surgeon!). It's just a matter of seeing all the opportunities of life. I'm a materialist, and while I do plan on having a family, I'll be pissed if at 45y/o I still drive a Saturn and if the weekend is just sittin on my ass on the front porch. There are some people who like that kind of life, and if they're happy, that's awesome, I'm just not one of them. I think you had a great reply in the "is Ferrari your motivation" post ... was very nice ... but not me! lol

As far as class goes, you illustrated 2 extremes ... one's just got to find his place in between, I guess. I'd be more in the "normal" people than the Cribs people (that show is always hilarious!), if you want to know ... but if someone posts a nice pic of their garage, I'll say it's nice, and if that makes their day ... well ... good for them.

BTW, NNO is definitely uber-politically-correct! I wouldn't be surprised if he ever said *uck you to anyone ... that's crazy ... but seems to be going good for him! lol

Am I the only wondering how the *uck we got to so many long replies that originated with a 998 with a flat on a trailer? Please let this not be moved to Politics and Religion ... I wouldn't survive it!! ROFLMFAO!!!