Goodwood Festival of Speed | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by rfking, Jan 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    My self and fellow Welsh Fchatters Jason Bodington and Rosserboy are going down on the Friday.

Tickets arrived last week so there better not be any freebies in 'The Times' :(

Paul

2. RushM3

RushM3 Karting

Am planning on flying over from the States on Friday and spending Saturday & Sunday at Goodwood. Is there anything worth while I'd be missing on Friday that I won't see on Saturday? Does anyone have the schedule of events, for that matter?

Also, thanks much for all of the lodging recommendations posted. I haven't called around yet, but do most places require a minimum stay of a couple nights for that weekend? And if I don't plan on renting a car, is there an easy way to get to the festival if I stay about 20 miles offsite?

Finally, I'm looking into picking up some tickets off of ebay or craigs list, that is, if any fchatters don't happen to have any tickets available for sale. What's the best grandstand to get tickets for?

Thanks in advance for your replies! Clearly I'm a little behind in my planning...

3. magic

magic Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2004
    London
    Rush,

Why not just buy the ticks directly form the site ? It quite easy and you could leave them at the "door" ?

You might end up paying extra on ebay

Rgds

Maz

4. patricko

patricko Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Patrick O'Neill
    BTW You can NOT buy tickets at the gate for Goodwood...

5. RushM3

RushM3 Karting

Took a look on the Goodwood site and it looks like a number of the grandstands are already sold out. Am assuming these are the best grandstands. Went through the same thing for the Montreal Grand Prix a couple weekends ago.

Any suggestions?

6. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
  7. RushM3

RushM3 Karting

Sorry, to clarify, which grandstands would you recommend?

8. magic

magic Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2004
    London
    Rush,

I would say paddock or molecomb. I've been three/four times and have never booked grandstand tickets as I tend to just float around. I believe that they allow the gen public onto one of the grandstands for free, but it gets packed quite quickly, sorry don't know which one.
    I would suggest you get your tickets online from the official site and then see if you can collect them at the door. You can't buy them at the door but I do remember collecting mines from there once.

Rgds

Maz

9. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    Based upon the recommendation of the fellow in the ticket office, I have Corner Grandstand tickets for Sunday - I plan on being exhausted by then and in need of a good place to watch the racing.

10. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    it will be my first time at goodwood. got media accreditation so i think there will be some less crowded spots to take pictures for photographers only. do you know, if the paddock is open to all public and very crowded ? how many people do usually arrive with their own ferrari and will there be vintage ferrari in the parking lot too ?
    lots of questions - maybe i can meet some other telaioisti there.

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Michael,

I will be there on the Saturday so I'll look out for you. In answer to your questions:
    Yes, the paddocks are open to everyone - except for the assembly area by the entrance to the "track" - and yes, they are crowded.

Not many spectators arrive by Ferrari because the public parking is all in grassy fields and there is no special parking or anything. You would be very lucky to see any vintage Ferraris in the car parks (that is different to the Goodwood Revival meeting when there is a separate parking area for classic cars).

How long are you in England for? Just for the Goodwood weekend?

Jonathan

12. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    jonathan - we stay for 10 days. first we make a round trip by rental car and the last three days are reserved for goodwood.

13. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    If you are in England on 6 July then you might want to go to the UK Owners' Club National meet and Concours. PM me for details if you want.

Jonathan

14. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    It will be the hight of summer so a light rain mac whellies and gloves only!!!!!!!!!! and a wooly jumper

15. michael platzer

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    where will the meeting happen ? we planned our trip and booked all the hotels already, so we have to look if it is possible.

16. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I'm patiently waiting and hoping for this weekend's paper Paul. I've only missed one FOS (last year's as I was at Fiornao) and haven't paid to get in yet (Times or Nikon in a previous age).

Shall we meet up on the Friday or just bump into each other?

17. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Michael

Walton Hall, which is between Stratford on Avon and Banbury.

18. thepinkumbrella

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Francis,

I've definitely been to the last seven FoS if not more, I missed last years Revival (the first one I've missed in about seven) but will certainly be there this year to see the 'Breadvan' in action.

Definitely arrange a meet up, most of my time is spent in either Cathedral Paddock, around the Cartier Style et Luxe, the trade stands or a beer tent....

Paul

ps did I read somewhere you will be at the Silverstone GP or at the FOC Concours??
    I'll be at the GP and I'm still not 100% sure thats where I want to be........

19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  20. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
  21. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Yes Paul

I'll be at the GP. Booked and paid for long before the FOC decided on a date :-(

I'll PM you later about meeting up at Goodwood and Silverstone too if you want

22. thepinkumbrella

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
  23. thepinkumbrella

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Yes to both.
    It will be my first GP so not sure what the form is.

Paul

24. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
  25. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name: