GOODBYE NASCAR AND THE 20TH CENTURY AUTOMOBILE! | FerrariChat

GOODBYE NASCAR AND THE 20TH CENTURY AUTOMOBILE!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by gtjoey, May 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Well, Even Nascar is dead and the France family wants out today.
    A machine that was so huge brought down by P.C. over thinking , Northeast lawyers and the death of the gasoline engine overall.
    Shame as I grew up in the heyday 1960's 70's , 80s and 90's.
    Rubbers walls, rubber cars, Male, female , trans and every other P.C. factor except racing.
    Millenial yellows and slower pit speeds all helped kill it as well.
    It could still be good for another 10 years, but the lawyers would never make it happen.
    R.I.P Nascar is dead.
    GTJOEY1314

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Is there some Nascar news today that I missed? What do you mean by "the France family wants out today."

Any links to this news?

Thanks,

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the irony of course is that the usa has never had as much native gasoline as it has today, and nascar has never been safer.....

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Kinda sad really. I like NASCAR.

5. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Those dang millenials strike again, eh Joey?

What have the lawyers done?

6. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I never understood the pressure from a group of people who have never participated with anything.
    The caution yellows or stage racing was claimed because millennials couldn't watch the entire race without breaks.
    The rubber walls, cars, a/c suits and everything else killed the STOCK car and the relationship to a brand.
    The lawyers killed it with the P.C. stand, you know, A man , a woman, a midget a trans or everyone would be offended.
    I thought when KBR hired the Mexican/ small person for his truck, everyone was laughing.
    He couldn't see over the dash and of course couldn't speak English...shall we keep going.
    Of course EVERY commentator is a woman with MAYBE a old driver for comic relief.
    Anyone see the last Richard Petty interview when the lady who escapes me was asking how hard he was driving, at 25 years old he stopped racing 27 years ago....
    I'm shocked that the monster energy girls are even allowed on the track or tv?
    Petty ,Pearson,Foyt , real men , real drivers.....Pettys workout routine was a rag in his teeth ..............
    GTJOEY1314

Ducman491 likes this.
  7. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Mr never post anything positive says the sky is falling? Must suck being filled with so much negativity. Joey start posting positive things! it's only a matter of time before the youngins start harvesting your organs! NASCAR hasn't been a real representation of the vehicles sold by the manufacturers for decades anyways. Who cares if the tranny midget immigrants driving them can see. Makes the races more interesting.