Goodbye Luis | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Goodbye Luis

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gail, Mar 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Sorry about my late post. My heartfelt condolences...
    I haven't been to SR lately (motor work) but Tony told me of your -and everyone's- tragic loss. I am truly thankful for telling us more about Luis, the person. People are so much more than just their cars and stuff. Luis was a obviously great guy. I lost my brother(also a great guy) to a motor vehicle accident when he was just 20 and I was 17. I was looking at Luis' photos and thinking that it's interesting how the mere presence of certain people can really bring out positive feelings in the rest of the group.
    Very difficult to cope with that loss. Even harder to find meaning in it. And the fact is that we will never forget. But I do remember only the good times. How lucky I was and how grateful I am to have had that person in my life for some time. And I find the strength to carry on in my faith and in my friends and family. You most certainly have a ton of support here. Stay close to your homies... and, yes, forever Godspeed, Luis

2. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    At today's SR meet many of us shared thoughts of Luis, and prayers went out to Gail.

3. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    #128 Prancing Horse, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And we drove the route to remember him. Miss you buddy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Gail

Gail Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    Thanks for thinking of Luis...his parents asked that I post the following message to everyone. I hope my translation holds their heartfelt words.

Two years have passed since Luis left us, but we continue feeling him at our side as if he is holding us with his strong arms giving us warm hugs every day.

Dear friends of Luis:

We want to give our thanks to all of you for the support and homage that you gave to him. We are consoled with your presence and the friendship that you demonstrated to him during that magnificent goodbye memorial that we will never forget.

This last year, we needed the strength to be able to write words that explained the pain in our hearts, thinking about his short life ending by an incomprehensible accident. But reflecting positively, we must think with joy that Luis had a full life and did great things in sports, his work and his personal life, giving his love to the chosen one of his heart. Another reason that consoles us is that he left fulfilling another one of his passions, driving exotic cars… and that he shared it with all of you.

Let us think that from there above, he will be listening to the roar of your motors like a memory towards the friendship and the respect that he had for you. His spirit will follow to accompany you in your excursions, and he will forever be smiling.

Thanks to all of you, in his name and ours to have dedicated a memory to him on this day 24 of March of 2009.

All of you deserve our respect and friendship.

Luis, Margarita, Lilia y Kalina Aldaz

email: [email protected]

5. Gail

Gail Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    Thanks for your prayers and thoughts....I know he is not forgotten, the moments never end that bring our thoughts to him. We are all touched somehow and someway by Luis, he was just that kind of guy. It will be two years tomorrow, many of us will never forget that day.

I am driving to the site tomorrow. I had hoped to have a memorial cross or plaque to bring but I haven't found the right one yet. It needs to be simple, solid and forever. I'm open for any ideas :)

Luis - we miss you so much....

Talk to everyone soon,
    Gail

6. gioco

gioco Rookie

Oct 9, 2010
    Dear Gail,
    I met Luis in 1985 in Zurich. We wrote letters to each other for some years. And we met a few times. He gave me a bracalet with his name on it. I would like to give it back to his family. Could you please help me to contact them. Kind regards, Giovanna.