Goodbye Luis | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Goodbye Luis

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gail, Mar 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe

Joe Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I was totally shocked when I saw this today. It seems like I was just behind him when he turned off from 17 to 85 on Saturday. I remember always hearing him even before meeting him at Santana Row when he used to come to my work, you could hear his car inside a six story office building which was pretty cool. He always had a smile on his face and from reading what everyone has written will always be fondly remembered.

My condolences to his family.

Godspeed Luis

2. Truckshoppe

Truckshoppe Rookie

Aug 23, 2006
    West Sacramento,Ca
    Full Name:
    Todd Lindenmuth
    #102 Truckshoppe, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    My god... Just from his forum postings I could feel his charisma, always looked forward to meeting him on a run. I feel truely deprived to have never really known the man.

Even merely through the internet, his passion and love for life was indellible. Luis, you will be missed.

4. Amber

Amber Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    My name is Niki, I am Gail's daughter. I want to thank you all for supporting my Mom, my family, and Luis' family. Reading your memories of him helps more than you probably even know. I too will always remember Luis as just a big kid. He loved life, and he lived it well. About the pictures of the baby in Luis' car, that's my son, Aiden. Luis loved Aiden so much. Most of my happy memories of Luis are the memories of him with Aiden...

Luis... we love you. We miss you. You will never be forgotten.

Love Always,
    Niki & Aiden

5. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    #105 speedy_sam, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. lacir

lacir Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2006
    CA/NY/TW
    Full Name:
    A J
    May he rest in peace.. for the times I have met him at SR i could tell he was extremely friendly.. always full of fun and laughter.. i can't believe he is gone

7. 360Pete

360Pete Karting

Mar 16, 2005
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I am shocked! It's alway horrible to loose a good friend.

RIP Luis and my condolences to his family.

8. babyruth95746

babyruth95746 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    granite bay, ca
    Full Name:
    steve r

that gave me chills, r.i.p bro

9. surfingbuddhist

Sep 15, 2004
    Santa Monica
    I didn't know Luis and just heard about this on another board I'm a member of (Rennlist). Always hate to hear about things like this. From all the responses I can see that he was a good man and will never be forgotten. RIP.

10. realCL23

realCL23 Rookie

Sep 30, 2005
    Los Altos, CA
    Full Name:
    Tsubasa
    Last Saturday was my first ever SR meet that I went to and I thought that Porsche was incredible. I remember when everyone looked as the black machine roared into the parking lot.
    I was looking forward to seeing that car more and maybe get to know him.

I am sure he was a great person. R.I.P. and my heart goes to all his family members for their loss.

11. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    My prayers go out to you Gail and the rest of Luis family. Rest in peace my friend. I miss you.

12. afterburner81

afterburner81 Rookie

Oct 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Glenn
    I never got the chance to meet Luis. The times I saw him was at Greg Calo's charity barbecue back in October, and at Santana Row that Saturday morning. It was my first time at SR and was happy to see some familiar cars including his. All I know is both times it was all smiles and spirit from everyone around me whenever he arrived, was chatting amongst people, and of course when he took off. Although I didn't know him personally, you could always tell when a person is loved and admired just by watching the positive effect he had on the people around him. My condolences to all his loved ones. May he rest in peace.

13. Amber

Amber Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    I think it's easy to agree after reading everyones responses just how much Luis loves and cares about his friends, and his passion for fast cars. It makes me really happy to actually get to experience through everyones memories of Luis whether it was a first introduction or a regular get together between friends just how much he loved his life, how many people respect him, the effect he had on people, and more importantly how much he is loved. I know as many great memories we have of him, he has just as many if not more of us.

Luis I will never forget you- we all love and miss you very much!!!!

Mom, you are the strongest person I know we will make it through this!
    Love always , Amber and Dave

14. absolutealex

absolutealex Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    I remember the first time I saw his car, I was driving on 280 and I hear the craziest sound ever and I see him blow by - I nearly crapped myself. From then on I've met him a few times @ SR meets, his freaking exhaust would wake me up every Saturday morning here. It's very sad to see such a great guy go.

15. drivhrd

drivhrd Rookie

Sep 30, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I didn't know Luis as well as many here knew him, only having met him a few times at SR. One of those times a group of us went to lunch at Alice's afterwards. I remember leaving the lunch thinking to myself that I had to keep in touch with this guy. He was like a force of nature, and I immediately liked him. How could you not -- always full of energy and beaming that smile! He was, quite simply, someone you wanted to be around. Reading this thread, I realize that many others had the same immediate reaction to meeting Luis as I did. He was the kind of person that reminds us all how many lives we can touch and brighten every day, depending on how we treat those around us.

Luis, I regret that I didn't get to know you better. Godspeed. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Richard

16. jimz68

jimz68 Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Castro Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jim Williams
    Just wanted to say the MINI community offers its sincere codolences to Luis' family and friends.
    The few times I met him you could just tell he was a special character. And I mean that in a good way! His enthusiasm was truly infectious.
    RIP Luis, Godspeed

Jim Williams
    Maverick MINIs
    NorCal MINIs

17. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Never got to meet him, but Luis seems like an amazing guy. May he R.I.P. My condolences to his family and friends.

18. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am very sorry to learn of his passing; I've met and spoke to Luis several times at SR morning events - from my experience a truly nice and charismatic person and a joy to speak with. My condolences to his respective families.

Chris

19. Krank

Krank Rookie

Mar 27, 2007
    NorCal* CA
    I'm a little late on this, but heard through the M3Forum guys last weekend and felt I should make my way over here to contribute a memory.

I only met Luis once, and it was a mere "Good morning, how ya doing" with a firm handshake, and I couldn't help but smile and be inspired by his attitude and composure. But I could tell before that that he was something special; especially when everyone immediately made their way over to his car to greet him as soon as he pulled in. I know most of your relationships with Luis tower over my brief time meeting him, but it hit me at a spot close to home as well, and I wish the best to his family in this time. Godspeed, Luis.

-Mario

20. drew935

drew935 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2007
    Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I know Gail said it in the way she did, but it really was true - all of those cars together still weren't as loud as Luis'.

--Dan

22. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    May God Bless and Keep you always
    May your wishes all come true
    May you always do for others
    and have the light surrounding you
    May you build a ladder to the Sun
    and climb on every rung
    May you stay Forever Young.

RIP

23. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    huh??? what???? Did you say something Dan??? speak up buddy! :D

24. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

RIP LA

Any idea what the cause of the accident was?

Looks like he hit a tree

25. AMG_55

AMG_55 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    i know im very late....
    i saw his pic (name and dates) in a few avatars on 6speed but didnt know who he was. i did a search and ran across a few threads on 6speed and one of them brought me here.

I would just like to send my condolences out to his family and friends, i know how hard it can be to loose a friend, i lost a homie when i was 17 (the worst part was that he wasnt even driving). hope they dont have noise limits up in heaven and many beautiful empty canyons... Race in Peace Luis, maybe we'll go for a run one day.