Goodbye Luis | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Goodbye Luis

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gail, Mar 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Welcome to Fchat and thanks for sharing the video. It makes me feel weird watching it since that was the last time I saw him in action.

Do we have anything planned for Luis this week or weekend? Please let me know.

2. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Alex, Dan's got the plan:

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Toby,

Thank yo ufor sharing and so sorry for your loss. I'm just reading about your friend now. So young, so tragic.

--Dan

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    God that video is so frustrating I feel like reaching out and grabbing that wing and holding his car back with all of my might....

at least he shook the camera

--Dan

5. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My condolences goes out to his family; sorry for your loss... and a for sure loss to the local SR exotic group.

6. francars

francars Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Francisco
    RIP Luis ... My condolences to your family

7. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #82 Perfusion, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since we're posting pictures...

I think I took this picture the first time Luis came out to Santana Row. It's not the best photograph ever - that's for certain - but it's how I'd like to remember things.

The car parked.

Steering wheel off.

Luis out chatting somebody up....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ajayjuneja

ajayjuneja Karting

Aug 12, 2006
    To Luis, up there in heaven, and always the racer, always the kid, and always full of life: Keep on racing up there.

In the past year I've gotten to know Luis, he's one of the kindest, nicest, warmest persons I ever have been blessed to meet. He was always so much fun too! I honestly was practically speechless in the car on the way from Half moon bay to Stanford -- it was a very surreal experience on Saturday. I remember Lyndon and the rest of us were wondering where he was, since Lyndon's pace was pretty normal.

To Gail: You are a loving, strong, and caring woman, and I know this is a tough time for you. Remember Luis's smile and warmth will always be with you in your heart. Know that his last memory is doing what he loved to do, and hopefully he's still racing in heaven. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to give me a call. We want to make sure you get through this time, and friends + time will help the most.

Be Well,

Ajay

9. Wasabi

Wasabi Rookie

Jul 14, 2006
    I only ever post on Elisetalk, but read Ferrarichat a lot... I didn't have the pleasure to get to know him but I did see him several times at SR and got to wave him past me on a group drive/lunch... I think he almost blew out one of my eardrums! Was truely amazing, and not something I'll forget anytime soon... I'm sure SR won't be the same without him, nor will all the people who knew him, I wish you all strength, and may he rest in peace....

-Brian Turner
    05 Magnetic Blue Elise

10. Copperhead Viper

Mar 21, 2007
    San Jose,CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My buddy and I just started coming to the Santana Row meet. This past weekend was our second time. I was a little intimadated at first,wondering if we would fit in or be accepted into this group. Everybody turned out to be real nice and welcoming.

But the guy I always remember talking to was Luis. He was such a nice guy. Asked about my car and took interest, as well as told me more about his car. I like to be loud when leaving a spot, but no one could top how loud his car was when he was leaving. I always laughed as he left. I didnt know him as many of you did,but it deeply saddens me to here this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

R.I.P Luis

11. LSXGOAT

LSXGOAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2007
    I realy wish i could have gotten to know him better, he seemd like a realy genuine person. last weekend was my 2nd time to SR, after the previous weekend going on the cruise with him i was drawn back. RIP Luis

12. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Formula Junior

It has been four days now since I have known about this turn of events and I have been thinking about this fairly continuously and consistently. There has been considerable amount of emotion swelling through me since then and I could bring myself to bear, to post commentary any earlier. I also tend not post much on the internet much at all anymore.

I have spent much of my life assisting many different faith based groups so I would have thought that I would have been able to articulate some sort of awe inspiring words of wisdom sooner as I have written many paper and have conducted a number of speaking engagements. These few words are not to be considered some sort eulogy but an expression of my feelings amongst friends. Nor is this designed to be well written paper, but more a collection and personal ventilation of my own emotions. If there no pattern or clear organization of my thoughts, I know some you, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson, “feel me,” on this.

Luis was a unique person and no small assimilation of words well ever due him justice to describe him.

I cannot say if it was Lyndon or I that Saturday who first shook hands with Luis this Saturday when he got to Santana Row. I was the last to shake his hand before he left. We would shake hands like bro’s, with both hands and tap each other on the shoulder in some sort of a hug.

Luis and I would always hit up good conversation every time we met and not only due to fact that we both had very engineered, fast, black cars and with fully dressed with race stickers (I stripped mine off). We talked about a many other things every time we met and we had quite a bit in common.

After having brunch with some of the group (April, Nizam, Kirby, Lisa, Peter, Rick, Staci, and six others), I figured I would hit the coast and then head to Ritz for a glass of Merlo as my wife was busy for the rest of the day.

A number of others from Santa Row that Saturday, after a drive, went to the Ritz to enjoy the afternoon. My heart sunk at the Gatehouse after inquiring if the group was still there. The guard informed me, “Mr. Ritz your friends have just left, one has been in accident.” My heart sunk right then and there. I later found out the turn of events.

When I was quite younger the first love of my life passed away…before that due to my age, environment, personality, events of life, etc…I was very high strung, short tempered, quick to judge and while very kind, not as much as I should have been. Upon her death, I vowed to change all those things about myself. She partially changed me into the person, I am today and in effect is now with me everyday.

In the case of Luis, he had so many great qualities we each can admire. In remembrance of him and to honor him, I would say the best thing that we might consider, is not only remembering the great times, but to remember his fantastic qualities as a person. More importantly, we should implement his fine qualities into our very beings, make them a part of our character and be a blessing to others. He is then a part of us and with us forever...

God Bless,

Brent Ritz

13. Justin:NorCal

Justin:NorCal Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Justin A. Greeen
    I met Luis for the first time on Saturday. I asked him about how he was connected with TRG and told him my former connection with World Challenge. He and I chatted for a while, incredibly humble warm guy. He invited my girlfriend and I to the Ritz for lunch. Well, my girlfriend and I headed to the Ritz by ourselves arriving and never were joined by the rest of the group. When I found out what happened I felt empty just knowing he was a great guy and that so many people thought highly of him.

I think that there should be a memorial drive ending at the the Ritz in his honor. A traditional lunch, and a gathering by the beach to share in memories everyone has of him.

Gail, certainly this is your call, but I would be glad to help organize it. Luis, sounds like the kind of guy I would have wanted as a good friend.

My thoughts and prayers are extended.

Justin

14. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    My sincere condolences.
    Kai

15. allill

allill Rookie

Feb 11, 2007
    the city, ca
    I never knew him, but from what I've read today he was a cool guy. May he R.I.P.

16. British Sea Power

Oct 19, 2005
    Bay Area CA
    I have been in awe of his Porsche ever since he passed me on the 580 at some outrageous rate of knots (the sound was incredible). I never thought the car looked even barely road legal but it always gave me a smile and I was looking forward to asking Luis just what he had done to the car. Saturday was the first day I have actually seen the car parked and was planning to go up to Luis to ask him about it. I never did get to speak to him but I am still shocked at his passing.
    Next time I hear thunder I will think of him :(

17. Capitan America

Feb 5, 2007
    I only met him briefly last month at the Livermore ride.

RIP my Friend,

18. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    I met Luis for the first time at an SR meet. My first impression of him was someone who was warm and always had a smile when he greeted you. He was soft spoken and shared a loved for cars. I will miss him on the drives. Here is a poem that I would like to share, author unknown.

I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
    I’m following the path God has laid you see.
    I took His hand when I heard him call
    I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
    To laugh, to love, to work, to play.
    Tasks left undone must stay that way
    I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void
    Then fill it with remembered joy.
    A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
    Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
    I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
    My life’s been full, I savored much
    Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
    Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
    Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
    God wanted me now; He set me free.

19. icon

icon Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    longboat key
    Full Name:
    jeff
    rest in peace luis!
    gail be strong and know you are in a lot of peoples prayers.
    jeff

20. apexmotorsports

Jun 5, 2005
    My condolances to Gail and everyone here who knew Luis. I have never met him and was told about this terrible accident from one of our club members from Norcal SVTOA.

21. eshaun

eshaun Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shaun
  22. diablo roadster

diablo roadster Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2004
    Mountain View
    Full Name:
    Martin
    #97 diablo roadster, Mar 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. eshaun

eshaun Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shaun
  24. ShayBray

ShayBray Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    McKinney, TX
    Full Name:
    Air Kuul TT
    Condolences to his family and friends and very sorry for your loss. May you RIP Luis.

25. CarreraS

CarreraS Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    I can't believe it! I just talked to Luis on Saturday at SR my kids were amazed when they saw his car.
    We talked for a bit and he was telling me that he was going to be driving for TRG this year. I'm in total shock. Luis was a great person and very passionate about cars.

GODSPEED my friend you will truly be missed. My prayers go out to Gail and the family.