Good sales careers in New England? | FerrariChat

Good sales careers in New England?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Tim1137, Feb 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for some "advice" from my fellow New England Fchatters.

I've been doing sales (Automotive service advisor) for 15 years now, with the intention of managing dealerships as a career. In the past 5 years, I have also branched out and have worked with a couple specialty companies taking on a remote sales role in addition to my daily dealership job. I've found I am very burned out of the "dealership" world, and I've found I thoroughly enjoy sales, both in my remote sales jobs, and the sales portion of my dealership experience. I find myself more and more thinking that I want to shift career paths into a 100% sales type career, selling insurance, medical supplies/devices, or something of that nature. Not to toot my own horn, but I feel I am extremely proficient in sales, and my mindset and work ethic are perfect for this type of career.

My question is, how does one break into this career on a professional level? I don't want to sell cars, or take my bosses coffee order every morning until they give me a "shot".

There must be some "sales" type people in here, or people with sales experience, so I'd appreciate any info, advice, pointers or tips anyone would be willing to share.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow! There's a voice from the past! How are you Tim? I haven't read a post from you since you sold your 360.

Unfortunately I can't offer specific advice to your situation, but I do have a recommendation. I used to be silver subscribed and the Business & Investments forum has some really savvy participants. I would say it is worth it for you to upgrade and post your questions there.

And GOOD LUCK to you!

3. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hey! I'm great as a matter of fact, things are going very well. So well that I can actually spend some time & effort to better myself and career rather then just mulling through life :)

I regret selling my 360 literally every day now as I see the prices on 3 pedal cars rise. I am almost tempted to snag up another one before its too late, but the call of the Huracan is loud in my ears :)

I appreciate the advice, I might sign back up for silver, I was a silver member for a while it was a good section on these forums!

Hope your doing well!