Good Ferrari Spots in St.Louis? | FerrariChat

Good Ferrari Spots in St.Louis?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by 96impalaSS, Jul 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just wondering if there any good places to spot Ferraris there. The only time I have ever seen a Ferrari there was a few years ago at the Frontenac mall and a guy pulled up in a yellow 355 I think it was. I talked to him for about 5 seconds.
    I'm going to St.Louis this Monday and was just wondering where to spot some cool Ferraris.

2. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    You'll spot some cool Ferrari's at the Bentley dealer.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you.

4. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Maserati/Bentley of St. Louis and Daniel Schmitt. (Is it this coming Monday?). The FCA club will be having a track event at Gateway Int'l Racetrack (Madison IL - a few minutes from STL) but it's going to be this coming Saturday (24th).

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yea it's this coming Monday.

6. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    When I was at Bentley STL in early July, they had 2 360 Spider's, 2 550's, and a 355 Spider for sale. BUT, not for sale (at least I think) was a F40, a couple of Modena's, a 328, a 512BBi and that's all I can remember as far as Ferrari's go there. :)

Plus they had 8 Continental GT's if you're into that.

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sounds awesome. I can't wait. :D
    Do you think it if I ask nicely they'll let me in the back to see what's in the shop?

8. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    I slipped through to the back without asking, after someone went through the door. I don't think they cared. People knew we were back there with cameras. That's where all the good stuff that's not for sale is. Six Continental GT's were back there. You've got to go back there, or else you'll see just a couple of Co-GT's and some Arnage's/Azure's, and the aforementioned Ferrari's that are for sale.

You're making me want to go back!

9. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hey Saddam, I hope that you'll join us at Gateway on Oct 9/10th.
    I
    ll bring the LM and my friend John might come with me with his F40.
    This could be a good track event.
    I hope that some St Louis F members will attend or come over to say hello
    take care
    Roland
    F40LM

10. Feffman

Feffman Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Gateway To The West
    Full Name:
    Feff
    Roland:

I hope you guys come to Gateway Saturday. My Lotus needs some cars to pick on. :)

Look for the black Lotus Esprit.

Mark Pfeffer

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You'll be leaving your F40LM in Evansville after Gateway will you not?

12. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    The plan is to do the Gateway track event than drop the car at Buxtonmotorsport in Evansville. The car should stay there in exhibition till my return on my way to the Ferrari event in New Orleans early November.
    I'm supposed to do a presentation at Buxton.
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

13. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think they will. They were much nicer than I initially thought. Ask for Curtis. He's a very friendly rep. and gave us a "tour" 2 weeks ago. I remember seeing an F40, a Boxer, etc. They have a very nice showroom, too.

14. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    they are friendly up there. i was up there 2 days ago =and the f40 rear was taken apart, pretty cool to see. just ask to go look in back, they wil say yes.

15. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im going back up there this Tuesday to see the Ferraris. Last Monday all I did was go to the zoo and then the science place and while I was at the science center there was bullet holes all in the the big glass tunnell that goes across the highway.

16. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I went to Maserati/Bentley of St.Louis today And good god was I in heaven. I went in the back and the F40 was still there and the entire rear bonnet was off and the whole engine was exposed! I took over 100 pictures. There was also 4 360s (one of which was a 04 with less than a hundred miles on it.) a assload of Bentleys 3 or so of which were the new Continental(sp?) GTs. Alot of Masers. A Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. A 355, some 328s and a 308, also some classic RRs and a old Merc. I think that's about it.

My year was made.
    I was so excited when he told me about the F40 in the back I started sweating and was speechless.

17. Feffman

Feffman Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Gateway To The West
    Full Name:
    Feff
    I was out visiting JJ Mills (one owner of Bentley-Maserati St. Louis) Monday and it was impressive to see the F40 being worked on. HUGE blow-off valve for the turbos. So different seeing a car of carbon fiber.

Mark

18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I couldn't believe how friendly they were there. The man I talked to even gave me his card and said I could call him next time before I come so he could tell me what they have there before I even come. He also said to me that I was taking pictures of all the cars but the model was right next to me. (refering to my girlfriend Miai of FerrariChat.com fame) Really stand up guy all the way.

19. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Aww man...I knew I should've checked this section more often.

20. zompster

zompster Rookie

Aug 24, 2004
    FYI
    There is a great little private dealer in the Central West End of St. Louis
    called Caserta Car Company.
    They are at 5127 Delmar Boulevard, and they have an indoor showroom with vintage stuff. a couple of 70's Ferraris and other collectibles. priced right.
    The owners are very friendly and helpful.

21. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks man. Next time I'm in St.Louis I'll check it out.