Good Feedback on Ferrari of Denver | FerrariChat

Good Feedback on Ferrari of Denver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Piper, Aug 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 Piper, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    I've just gotten my new-to-me 599 home from Ferrari of Washington sorted out and ready to go and wanted to give credit where credit is due. First of all, my first contact with FoD was terrific. I called in after seeing an ad for a car I just had to have, left a message over the weekend and they responded back to me before the shop even opened Monday morning. They took my deposit on the spot. Once financing was secured, they wasted no time identifying for me an enclosed transport that picked up and dropped off quicker than expected at probably 20-30% less than I expected and without complication. The car was flagged on a few things in the rigorous VA safety inspection. FoD and I agreed very quickly on what they should cover, no disagreement on either side. They stepped up and made repairs through Ferrari of Washington. The very day the service was completed, they paid FoW immediately. I'm about on my way to the DMV where my paperwork should be waiting, courtesy of Ferrari of Denver. I dealt with a number of individuals at FoD, Vaughan Grice was my sales rep, also dealt with the GM and their Service Mgr. Good folk all. Can't say enough about this experience. Glad to see them a sponsor on Fchat and happy to say nice things here. Thanks, guys.

2. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Congrats on the 599. I'm curious, if you don't mind, what did the VA inspection reveal that had to be addressed?

-F

3. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm glad you asked. I left that hanging out there and it might have seemed a left handed compliment and it wasn't intended that way at all. Truly, great experience with Denver.

When I bought my 612 last year, it was inspected in Dallas. Upon delivery, it was discovered in the VA inspection that it needed rear tie rods, a common failing on this generation v12. The same thing happened with the 599. Not all states check the rear tie rods. Perhaps not all inspection stations in VA check them either. Ferrari of Washington does, and I'm grateful, and I'm not getting my Fcar safety inspections anywhere else. But I in no way think Denver was remiss. And when discovered, they ponied up brilliantly. If this now still seems like anything less than positive feedback, I'd like to know. Will ask it to be deleted if so.

4. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    And icing on the cake, their title guy or gal got the numbers right for VA DMV to the penny. That was unexpected. I posted purposely before going to DMV to avoid posting after. It's rare indeed that an out of state dealer gets my ppwk and checks precisely right for the DMV. Might be a first.

5. Vaughan@FOD

Vaughan@FOD Rookie

Aug 19, 2009
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Vaughan Grice
    Thank YOU Bob. You were great to deal with as well. I'm glad that we were able to connect that gorgeous 599 with what is sure to be a very good new home.

6. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I have used FoD for over 12 years for sales, service and parts, and everyone in that building has been awesome. I still send my car from Alaska to there for service.

Hopefully, with the new ownership, it all stays on track.