Golf on Big Island | FerrariChat

Golf on Big Island

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Bodazzie, Mar 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bodazzie

Bodazzie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2014
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Full Name:
    William
    I am going on trip to the Big Island at the end of May and staying near Kona. I was looking to see if any fellow fchatters would have some recommendations on the best places to play golf. Not too worried about cost more after good layout and nice views.

Thanks in advance

2. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I can't be much help -- I don't golf! But the courses on the Kona Coast of the Big Island have almost made me want to learn. They are amazingly beautiful: on a good day you have jet black lava, white sand traps, green greens, dark blue of the Pacific Ocean, all topped by a brilliant blue sky. Really, really pretty.

Here is a link that may help I hope others on the forum who do golf can provide better information:

https://www.gohawaii.com/islands/hawaii-big-island/things-to-do/land-activities/golf

Bodazzie likes this.
  3. Bodazzie

Bodazzie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2014
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Full Name:
    William
    Bob,
    Great site with a lot of information.
    Thanks

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #4 Kevin Rev'n, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    It's been years since I got to play over there but I really enjoyed the Mauna Kea GC
    Worst part about a track like this is that you don't want the round to end so if it's a busy day it can be a bummer to be shuffled along by a marshall and having them try and push the pace to accommodate countless numbers of Tourist 5-Somes. Who wants to take a drop over the inlet with a shot like this. No....I want to reload and reload, etc... until I make a great shot! ;-) Score card be damned!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bodazzie likes this.
  5. Bodazzie

Bodazzie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2014
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Full Name:
    William
    Kevin,

This course will definitely be going on the List. The view is amazing so I can understand the slow play. I think I better bring a few more balls.

Thanks for your info.