Golden Knights 2018-19 season | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Golden Knights 2018-19 season

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wow I just saw the highlights, it looked like a great game.

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wow that's crazy.

4. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Love that pic of Reeves. Wilson is the dirtiest player in the game, deserves worse than he got.

Nice win last night! Momentum seems to be building.

5. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    #55 joker57676, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Shortly after I posted this, the pic was taken off their site. A friend of mine called to order purchase one, but they said they pulled the pic due to a **** ton of complaints. My wife ordered a copy online before it was pulled, and we were charged for it, so I guess we'll see if it actually shows up at our door. If not, money better be refunded quickly.

Wilson is a dirty player, so I have no sympathy for him, but I am not the biggest Reaves fan. I love the physical game, that's how I played, but he needs to be a little smarter about when he turns it on and off. I'll give him credit, though, he's getting much better with it (last night, for example, he played clean as a whistle since everyone knew every eye in the league would be on him), and he has not taken too many dumb penalties this year. Plus, he's starting to score some of those **** goals in front of the net, so I am warming to him.

EDIT:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/ed-graney/knights-ryan-reaves-learns-hard-lesson-after-hard-hit-on-tom-wilson-1544671/?fbclid=IwAR1alNQOPhjATfTBZ4hqScHuwycL9-rlUMQiXSM8kSTits2eZSI94ep8UNo

Guess we won't be getting that pic. Cannot say I disagree with the decisions made. :)

6. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I tried to order one when I posted yesterday but it was already gone. Would have been nice in my "Jeeper" cave.

7. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Mixed emotions on this.......Wilson is a dirty player, yes head injuries are a serious matter and you don't want to promote such things but.......one of the many things I love about the NHL is that people/players don't cry and moan like the NFL, they just move on with things. I guess they just took it maybe one step too far.

8. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Probably best they pulled it. After thinking about it more they did cross the line there.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow what a terrible game against the Kings. Maybe their worst game of the year. Let's hope it's a wake up call.

10. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    They were dead on their feet. Calling their play slow would be an understatement.

11. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    At least they bounced back last night.

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They have one advantage as the season moves on: They have played a lot of away games so they will be playing more home games. The problem is the entire Pacific division has stepped up aside from the Sharks. Calgary, the Duck and even Vancouver are playing well again. The Knights need to play as well on the road as they do at home. They may lose, but they need to play well.

I haven't seen that as much this year as last. Maybe others thought they were a push over, maybe the Knights were more motivated, maybe its just the luck of the draw. There's still a lot of games to play and I still see this team as credible.

And lastly Subban needs to get his mojo back. The team can't believe it's an automatic loss every time Fleury has a day off.

13. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Dear Las Vegas Friends: Merry Christmas. I'm on my annual "off the grid" holiday. Hope to see some of you during our April visit. Keith

joker57676 and TheMayor like this.
  14. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Merry Christmas Keith!

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Lotaz likes this.
  16. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    So after a rough first game the last two have been pretty epic. Granted some moments of concern in there but hey, the other guys get paid too! Was great seeing Reaves take on Kane last night......really, REALLY can't stand San Jose. Two years in and quite the rivalry already. Looking forward to tomorrow night!!

17. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Had a terrific time Sunday pre-game at T-Mobile and Park venues.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It is pretty awesome down there. Lots of people from other teams hang out there as well. The place is full of Canadians when the Jets, Flames and Maple Leafs come into town. Not as much Montreal and Vancouver from my observation.

I'm on a plane to Hong Kong while the game tonight it going on. Recording it to see it when I land.

Good luck to the Vegas Golden Knights!

19. p-dizzle

p-dizzle Rookie

Aug 28, 2017
    SC
  20. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Tough, tough way to end the season. Awful call, still shouldn't have given up all those goals, but the team should be good for a few years to come yet so there's hope there!