Going to Munich end of May, where to go ? | FerrariChat

Going to Munich end of May, where to go ?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by WILLIAM H, Dec 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    So whats fun to do in Munich end of May ? Havent been there in decades but it was a great town. Got have lots of Schweinehaxe :)

Whats the best part of town to stay at w lots of fun places nearby ?

Danke

2. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was just there a few weeks ago....stayed at the Sofitel right next to the train station and LOVED that hotel and location. Being a few hundred feet from the trains opened up the whole city (and the whole country really!).

Def take a stroll down to Marianplatz (sp?) and do some shopping. Then grab a beer at the Haufbrauhaus (sp?).

For exotic spotting, walk over to the street with all the high end shops - the name of it escapes me now but ask anyone and they will know what you are talking about. I saw LOTS of exotics rolling along when i was there.

Also, dont forget to go see BMW Welt which is right outside the city :)

3. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    That's Maximillianstrasse and the best place to spot exotics. There's also the Lambo dealership. Unfortunately Auto König is no more, they were the premier luxury car dealer for decades. Spent many weekends there when I was a boy.
    I was born in Munich and spent my first 19 years there before moving to the States. My wife and I will move back there next year. I've been all over, but Munich is by far my favorite city in the world.

4. maestro8

maestro8 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I came here to post the same thing. I was in Munich for almost a week, and half of it was spent at that museum. Good thing your ticket is good for 5 days :) I also went to their modern art museum (Pinakothek der Moderne). If you're into modern art, you won't be disappointed here.

If the weather is nice (or even just bearable) be sure to check out their "Central Park" called Englischer Garten. It's absolutely gorgeous, and if the local ladies are out tanning topless, it's even prettier :) Don't miss the place in the park where the river appears -- there's a wave formed by the river that locals will surf on.

I did a bike tour of Munich and had a blast. You get to see a lot of sights in one day, learn some fascinating history about the city, and even drink a couple beers.

I don't think I even scratched the surface of what's to see in Munich. I'm dying to go back there...

5. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    there is such a lot to do around here,...
    not just in the city but all around the near by lakes and mountains ...almost too much to list...

just post here as soon as things are finalized...

I`m sure it will be possible to hang around some bavarian beergardens & coffee places together with members of the Munich F-chat chapter...if you like ;)

6. pamparius

pamparius Formula Junior

May 16, 2007
    germany
    marienplatz and hofbräuhaus. :)

7. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    Hello William,

will be in Miami again in March. We could meet and I could give you all "information" about Munich and the outbacks.

8. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks for the corrections. What a great city. Cant wait to go back!!!

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Just easier to say "buy my book"!! Or at least go to amazon.com for free and look at the TOC for a new ideas! Linked below btw..