going to find MOM | Page 13 | FerrariChat

going to find MOM

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AntonyR, Sep 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol! :eek::eek:

2. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Thank you guys. I will be uploading pics when I get back.

If any FChat guys are around please let me know. I will have Internet access so PM's would be great :)

Thanks again for all the support and kind words

Antony

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I just hope you don't get held up at the airport for swine flu screening.

4. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Antony, how did it go?

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What ^he^ said.

6. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    triple ditto

7. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    It went well. I met my mom, aunts, cousins, grandma, and grandpa. Spent a day with them in London.

I will post some pics in the AM.

Antony

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Awesome. Glad it went well. :)

9. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Awesome! Can't wait to see photos!

10. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Checks for 2nd day... which AM is "the" AM?

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Coordinated wardrobe? You must be related. ;):)

12. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    glad you had a great visit! here's to many more.

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    awesome- i love a happy ending

* sheds tear *

:cool:

14. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Nice one mate :) i hope it all ends well for you.

15. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    This thread goes down as the best thread ever. It is just an amazing story.

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Any comments about how tall and thin you are?;)

Just kidding--that's really cool! This is a great thread.

17. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Anthony,

FANTASTIC!

All the best....

Mike in Kuwait

18. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Antony - Thank You.

I see a striking resemblance between you two Men. Hard to believe it's been nearly 5 years since we all got our first chills reading of a possibility... that has become a reality, not only for us interested bystanders, but the only people that matter, You and Your Family.

19. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    ^^^What he said^^^

How long are you in the UK for mate?

20. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    thank you guys.

Tom amazing words and I appreciate the support in the past 5 years.

Steve, I am back in the states now. I was in the UK about 2 months ago and met up with a few guys. I posted in the UK forum!!

Antony

21. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Thanks for the pics Anthony.

I am very happy for you - very happy indeed.

Isn't the forum amazing?

I sincerely wish you many many happy days ahead with your "new" found family :D :D :D

22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get together with your family and post these pics! What a story, spanning 5 years, to come to this point! I'm really happy for you!

23. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Dammit, ive got something in my eye again :D

Glad to see such a happy ending.

24. TJP

TJP Rookie

Jan 18, 2007
    Hey Antony, amazing story! I just went through the whole thread reading about the amazing efforts of the F-Chat members, so I will also extend a big thank you on behalf of Antony, because I know what it is like to not have seen your mother for quite some time.

To continue this great thread with another story of this caliber, let me share with you mine.

I was adopted at the ripe age of 3 days old, my parents were 13 (mother) and 19 (father) and all I was left with was a teddy bear, photo of the two of them and a note from my mother stating she wish she could have kept me and how much she loved me. I had tried finding their contact information a few times in my early teens, but I ended up unsuccessful. Little did I know how it was going to present itself to me not too long afterwards. At 15/16 I had a relationship with a girl who I was completely head over heels for, it lasted for 10 months before we went our separate ways. The idea of never being with her again stabbed me right in the heart! (As maybe many of you can understand from your teenage days of love.) One night I needed to clear my head from thinking about it by taking a walk, but my adoptive mother would not let me (because it was too late and dangerous she says). If I had to stay in my room any longer my head was going to explode, so I stuffed my bed to make it look as if I was in it, and took my car on a journey. I live in the middle of Florida and decided to take it to Ocala that night, where I slept in a Home Depot parking lot in the car. I woke up around 6am and headed towards Georgia, I made it to the border before deciding to turn back around. Although my 'run away' was short lived, I came back to find out they had put an investigation on me. My parents found my bed that morning and called the cops instantly. They called the investigator, who told me they had been pulling over black BMW's like mine all day long trying to find me. They had stopped all other investigations to focus on mine. If I had been gone any longer they would have put me right on the TV. It was a big ordeal.

To cut to the chase, throughout this they thought maybe I would go to see my mother (despite the fact I only knew her first and last name and nothing else). They themselves were able to get in touch with her father, whom said she wanted nothing to do with me. After a little more prying, they found out that he was talking on her behalf and she was much more than happy and excited to have any news of me. She received the phone call about myself being missing on her birthday! What a surprise! We were able to get in touch with her and I sent a few emails back and forth, until I found out she was coming to visit Florida from Missouri. The day after she got in I was able to see her for the very first time at 16. I must admit she is the most beautiful lady I have ever seen and I was very excited and nervous to meet her. I believe at the time she was 29 or possibly 30. We continued to talk on the phone afterwards, almost daily, and one day she had by chance ran into one of my birth fathers sisters at a gas station. By this time I was 17. She was able to get his phone number, and called to tell him the news and find more about him. On my mothers side I have one half sister and one half brother. When I met her she was still pregnant with her son. And through her I found out on my fathers side I have 2 half brothers and 2 half sisters (to me, they are all just my brothers and sisters). I began to talk to him through email and instant messenger, and he planned to visit Florida with his family from Texas just so he could see me.

The day I met him was my 18th birthday, Christmas Day. I was nervous and excited as before, much more this time due to the fact that his oldest son is just a few years younger than I am. But everyone loved me as I love them, and it couldn't have been better. I went back two days later to spend the night with them where they were staying and to spend some more time with them. I haven't seen him since but talk to him almost daily. We are now together working on a project for Billboard and Universal Music since he has contacts in the industry and I am a (web) designer myself. It is looking to turn out to be a great project. It is great to be able to know him and have met him, and now to work on some big projects with him.

The reason I was given up for adoption when I was born was the fact that my mothers father gave an ultimatum. Give up the child or I will quit paying child support for you and your sister. And if my birth father tried to take me he would have pressed charges. Basically, he doesn't seem like that nice of a man, I have never met nor do I ever plan on meeting or talking to him. This also wasn't a case of rape as it may seem due to the ages. My mother says even though she was young, she knew she was in love.

I am sorry if I have polluted your thread in any way. I just thought this would be a great time to share my story with everyone and to keep the joy in this thread continuous. I am now only 19, about to be 20 this year and I have many things to look forward to. Maybe I can join the ranks of exotic owners with these large projects I am working on. Only time will tell.

Take care everyone, and congratulations to Antony once again for that special moment. It is an experience like no other, especially when you find out how amazing your family can truly be. (Sometimes it can be nerve-wrecking since you have no idea if they are into drugs or any other addiction that might scare you.)

And I hope my story hasn't been too long,

Best,
    Trevor