Gobal entry TSA known travler CBP | FerrariChat

Gobal entry TSA known travler CBP

Discussion in 'Travel' started by fatbillybob, Dec 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    What is current on documented travelers? We have Global entry, nexus for usa/canada, and domestic TSA "known traveler." The cost seems about the same $85 for TSA and 100 for global entry. What is the hot ticket to get? For $15 bucks more it seems like the way to go just in case I head to europe it's just one less hassle. Can global entry be used domestic with no scrutiny like TSA knwon traveler? How does all this stuff work or NOT?

2. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Global entry is best. It gets you TSA Pre-check, once you file your number with the airlines you fly, and it short-cuts the customs line on re-entry into the US. It does require that you have a current passport and you go to an interview with US Customs as part of your application.

3. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    My wife and I just came back into the U.S. from Paris...arrived at Newark Airport (usually a mad-house) with our Global Access cards. We cleared Immigration in, get this, ninety seconds!

4. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Definitely Global Entry. Coming back from Asia this August, it took me longer to go through the automated machines to scan in your passport, and to take your picture than the security checkpoint. An in all, I went through (2) security checks at LAX in under 2 minutes - while the "regular" lines were at least 20 minutes - 40 minutes wait.

Of course GOES will give you access to TSA precheck as well.

5. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    I use Global Entry.

Well worth the $100 for the time saved.

Kai

6. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    And AMEX will pay for it!

Joe

7. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Yup, Amex will reimburse the global entry fee. Though I think appointments are a few months out nowadays.

Best $100 I've ever spent.

8. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia

I had to wait 3 months for my interview at San Francisco airport.

Crazy.

Kai

9. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    For $50 you get NEXUS, Global Entry, and TSA Precheck. Largest drawback is the interview has to occur at a US-Canadian border crossing. Otherwise GE is the way to go and yes Amex Plat/Cent reimburse the $100 fee anyway.