Go Daddy and Danica | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Go Daddy and Danica

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by TheMayor, May 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Did you happen to notice what was happening with TK the whole weekend? Both drive for Andretti. Both have qualified well in the past, both had horrible cars this weekend. There is a connection.

2. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #78 350HPMondial, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Roots Mon

Roots Mon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2008
    U.S. - Europe
    Full Name:
    Roots Mon
    Yeah, and the while thing was Kanaan set up all of the
    Andretti Autosport cars in shake down runs but he wrote
    off two of his own cars.

Dunno, it dosent make sense that veteran drivers like
    Kanaan and Tracy struggle but virtual unheard-ofs
    like Saavedra make the cut.

The interesting aspect is just how close they all are. 3.1MPH
    seperating pole to 33rd position, the differences measured
    to thousands of a second; it's going to be a competitive
    race.

RM

4. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hey the littlest guy out there has the biggest cajones and stuck it on pole. Don't believe it was a cakewalk for him, he and the rest up front danced on the edge. HCN pushed the envelope and the others followed. Always been the same there, there is a fine line, anything under that line is scary, go past it and you hit the sweet spot.

Some reason the Andretti crew are off the mark, I wonder if there are different springs/shocks to any others? Problem was once their only development driver was sidelined the others got lost, and then TK was stuck with their set ups. Notice that Ganassi threw springs at their cars in final Q and went faster....

5. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I saw them swapping springs on the rear of Danica's car. Beyond that, I got nothing.

Come on, you know Andretti, you crewed for him. Give us your legit thoughts on what's happening with the team. When we see all the Andretti drivers struggling, its not the drivers, but the cars.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Tony K.'s last car was an assembly of parts...after wrecking two of them out....

He kept away from the media until it was all said and done.....I really like him, he's really a humble real world guy....

Article today reflects he told Danica to calm down, and do the same!!!

7. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    go daddy ads are great,but danica should go hang out at the beach and let the real drivers race

8. wjw300tt

wjw300tt Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    chilliwack BC Canada
    When you eat crow do you like it hot or cold?

9. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    utterly amazing. so what you're saying is they should have reduced the indy 500 field to 5 cars. and all but 4 drivers should have been racing last year.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    yep, logging in today to CONFIRM that BigTex was WRONG!!!!

I'd rather have a turkey leg, tho.......

Her post race interview made HER sound surprised she had a top five finish!!!

It goes to show Tony K had it right, just stay quiet and drive!!!

11. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I was listening to her on the scanner throughout the race. She was not happy with the car. She kept telling the team what was wrong and they were having trouble figuring out a proper fix.

During the awards banquet, when they brought TK up to accept his check, Dave Collabro asked TK, "It looks like you just didn't have the car to finish...anything you want to say about that?" The cameras went to Danica who hung her head. TK responded, "No, I have nothing to say about that." I was shocked that Dave tossed her under the bus like that considering she was on his sports show every night for the 1/2-Month of May.

12. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Beat me to it!! :D

I had a Hooter's joke lined up, but oh well. The point is obvious---this only further undermines any chance for credibility she had, which admittedly wasn't much given her Paris Hilton like treatment by the media (famous for being famous, not for doing something grand).

If you want to see a hot female on the screen, there are vastly better choices out there than Danica. She is the US's equivalent of Anna Kournikova, only not in the same league for hotness.

If she doesn't prove herself very quickly, her star will fall as her age increases and some new young woman emerges on the scene. I'm sure there are agents working furiously to find the next "Danica" as we speak.....I mean just THINK of the advertising dollars!!! I mean racing. :eek:

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

she is at it again...now she blames morgan shepherd for having totally taken her out.

never ever her fault...she was way too tight and gave him zero room...on a short course.

i think it was your fault danica! another nice job qualifying and finishing for the nuber 7 go-daddy car...NOT!!

imagine if this were sprint cup she were contesting...

pcb