Go Daddy and Danica | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Go Daddy and Danica

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by TheMayor, May 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Auto racing is more business than sport. For top driving talents being a "marketable product" is a lesser issue beacuse they can perform on the track but for those who are not or have to pay for a drive it is a different game.

Ana Kournikova is another example. I have no problem with Danica doing the Go Daddy ads and I don't even like her.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I don't always talk down about women in motorsports. I think Danica has a serious attitude problem, but I could say that about a lot of male drivers, too. Milka has no business in an Indycar but that is generally accepted fact (and can also be said about a lot of other drivers, male or female). Otherwise, I have no problem with women in racing.

I'm wondering where you got the idea that I do; care to cite proof?

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    1. sex sells
    2. danica is not sexy
    3. female driver = wider appeal to female audience
    She does not win, she is purely a novelty act, how hard is that to figure out?

You know if you sit in jail for 5 years, every woman is ****able when you get out. Being the only woman in the sport, well, there ya go.

4. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    #29 finnerty, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    Danica just plain sucks (and not in the "good way") --- on and off the track.

I met her, and had a lengthy conversation with her, at PIR (Portland) when she was just starting out. She was about 18 back then; and, she was average on talent and looks, but she was an outstanding brat --- I don't see that much has changed today.

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    ROFLMAO!

6. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I forgot I posted that last night. I don't think I should have been posting. My bad.

I guess it put that in since you generally do not like Danica or Milka. The only two women consistently running in IRL. I made a bad generalization about all motorsports when I should have been specific about IRL only.

I do agree thta Milka has zero business out there. But hey, wasn't she inducted into the Venezula Motorsports Hall of Fame? LOL!

As for Danica's attitude, how long can you hold her initial actions against her? She has made great strides to being more approachable in the last two years. Dan Wheldon is another that had a pissy attitude and he's changed that around.

What I'm really interested in when it comes to Danica is what happened to her team during the off season. Marco poached her team. Now he is doing better and she is not. I want the back story on that, but that's probably for another thread.

7. Roots Mon

Roots Mon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2008
    U.S. - Europe
    Full Name:
    Roots Mon
    #32 Roots Mon, May 10, 2010
    Correction, Danica's mother Bev handles some of her business
    and PR. Perhaps explains the "granny" Go Daddy ad.

She's represented by IMG. *Has a handler named Haley Moore who is her personal PR,
    but really more of a security/personal manager.

Team PR handles her in both IRL and NASCAR, but IMG has final say on what she does
    when it's something important.

Danica's husband is her physio.

BHW

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    drunk posting strikes again! ;)

My issue isn't so much with Danica's "fan friendliness", it's how she conducts herself overall...treating teammates and competitors like crap, always blaming everyone else, sense of entitlement, etc. And that isn't a pattern of behavior isolated to her, Wheldon among others are spoiled brats.

9. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Not sure if this thread is about Danica in the video or getting criticizing Danica on/off driving abilities, anyway--
    I thought the video was humorous, it's supposed to be over the top.
    I think it made it's point.

10. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Yep!!! I want her to call me daddy.

11. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    That's funny. The first time I went to Hooters was in Greensboro NC. The food was bad. The girls at that one were pretty good looking though. When I moved to Boise I worked at a shop close to the local one. A couple of the guys I worked with would go there a lot and always come back complaining about having the prego waitress. I found it hard to believe until we had a BS meeting there. I would think they can't fire a girl who already works there if she gets pregnant. That trip did confirm that 1. The food really sucks and 2. Sex sells becauce Hooters has no redeaming value beyond that. I do however love women with big "hooters" in good push-up bras. Is it lunch time? Lol

12. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #37 AlexO91, May 10, 2010
    I think at the end of the day everything is about looks in terms of getting noticed (I'am not counting racing just for being noticed in the media and by the general public). If you say to some guy that knows nothing about motor racing the words "Dancia Patrick" and he sees this... He'll probably say "Isn't she that chick who did that video for Go Daddy?" Immediately he knows the company, what they do and who she is. Thats what they want, no one is going to remember a company if it has a random guy/girl on it who isn't good looking, you can say she's good looking or not thats just personal opinion but if it helps people remember a company and know what they do or sell or whatever then they will get that person. For example the Armani shoots have Megan Fox and Cristiano Ronaldo for this year and had the Beckham's last year, all good looking people and they make the public want to buy Armani clothes and underwear.

All it is, is propaganda and it's not like Dancia is going to turn it down if it does anything for her career.

13. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    No, it's just that if you are good looking, or have the right connections, you have the ability to raise money and can race "above your natural ability level". So what? (And I'm not saying Danica is over her head.) That trait (the sole ability to raise money putting you in a racecar) has existed forever in racing. Women are obviously not as good at road racing as men. That is why we don't see a lot of them on the grid, not because as a woman you also have to be attractive.

So you're saying that the indycar field should be down to 4 drivers? (Danica finished 5th overall last year.)

I don't see the connection. Her ads with Go Daddy are certainly above and beyond a base sponsorship; ie she is using her fame to leverage the sponsorship deal and earn some additional money. What's wrong with that?

I have more problems with her Peak ads. What the hell does she know about coolant?

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #39 TestShoot, May 10, 2010
  15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

"I have more problems with her Peak ads. What the hell does she know about coolant? "

"when you peak...you perform"

what the hell does she know about performance either?

16. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    LOL --- Her personal tag line should be, "When I peak... I'm mediocre." ;)

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Katherine Legge is better than Danica too.

18. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #43 DGS, May 10, 2010
    Been watching in 2010? Simona di Silvestro did pretty well in the early road courses.
    (She was even leading in Brazil, for a while.)

In that pre-race show segment where they have a driver describe the course while tracing the track map blindfolded she did way better than any of the guys they had before. ;)

I was a bit disappointed at her performance on the oval track, though.
    But then, it was her first ever oval race.

So far, not a bad rookie season.

At Indy, there might be *five* women in the field.
    (The three "regulars" plus Sarah Fisher plus another one -- if they make it through the abbreviated qualifying.)

---
    (I just wish the pre-race interviewer would get taller chair arms, do some arm exercises, or get a lighter mic. The way she leans way over to rest her elbow on the chair arm just looks weird. And it looks like it'd give her a sore lower back.)

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Lindy Thackston? She can lean any way she wants as far as I'm concerned...;)

And Simona does seem to be quite good on road courses

20. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Milka was sponsored by CITGO.

CITGO is the venezuelan national oil company.

Hugo Chavez runs venezuela hence CITGO.

hmm, the plot thickens..

21. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    ok i hate to now become a Danica supporter but 5th place overall is pretty damn outstanding.

22. ferraripete

that was last year. her race package was very, very good...as long as she was able to stay out of trouble, a result like that would be expected. there are other circumstances including weight, helping her cause.

maybe she will win it this year?

as far as her performance this year...she has shown the nascar fans (and drivers) nothing! in the irl series where she is "use to running up front", she has shown...nothing!

again, maybe she will win @ indy thus keeping the media darling alive!!

pcb

23. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Agreed. I definitely follow IRL. I was speaking in general over the last few seasons. We are just into 2010, so I didn't think it was yet applicable. Simona is on the learning curve right now. I hope she accelerates that curve and does well.

Yea...that's where I was going with that. Thought the whole ting was pretty stupid when I heard about her "Hall of Shame" induction.

That's what I've been saying all along, yet people constantly trash here ability. She has out driven the majority of the field over the past couple seasons. Give her credit for that.

There were shifts in personnel at Andretti. I don't know all the details, but it is my understanding that part of Marco's new contract was he was able to poach personnel from the other internal teams. Danica lost key people that had been helping give her the equipment she needed to be running up front.

So we move forward to 2010 season and low and behold...Marco is now running up front with better equipment and Danica is having trouble. The reverse of what had been happening over the past couple of seasons.

Yes, you have to have driver ability, but in a spec series as IRL has become, if you don't have top equipment and people making sound decisions behind you, you as a driver will not do well.

Now back on topic...GoDaddy ads are made to grab your attention whether you like it or not. They obviously are working because you are reading/posting in a thread about it.

24. ferraripete

back on topic yes...

...i have no problem w/ the go daddy ads short of danica not being hot! i actually think the real problem w/ danica is really compounded when she opens her mouth!!!

25. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    agreed! i don't see how anyone can complain about sexploitation when we're talking about Danica!! the common complaint is that she wouldn't be in a race car if she weren't hot, but actually she wouldn't be in a commercial/SI/whatever if she weren't a racer! otherwise she wouldn't get a second look.