GLOCK: SHAME ON YOU!!! ***SPOILER*** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GLOCK: SHAME ON YOU!!! ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Kalidengas, Nov 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    ;)

Those WDC winners are a dime a dozen! I saw one sitting in the median at an intersection selling roses for $1 to drivers. I told him I didn't need any roses. He said "but I won a WDC!". "Just one?" I laughed. "I've won several - it's nothing" I chuckled as a drove off.

:D

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    You sure? He looked like Mitt R. to me. Maybe a different corner. :)

3. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Coming from the guy who must have years of experience driving Formula 1 cars wearing slicks in wet weather I assume? That's an awful bold statement otherwise.

I remember times this season when both Ferrari drivers in the wet spun out or hit the wall. Should they be strung up by their toes as well or are they excused because they're in a red car with a prancing horse on it? As it sits right now I believe Silverstone cost Massa his championship.

Some of you are acting pretty childish over this. Glock had nothing to do with Massa not winning his title. Ferrari and Massa had EVERYTHING to do with it.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    :) Musta been Rosberg or Hill.

5. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Guys:

I have been very critical of LH all year, for a number of things. So my anti-LH credentials are well documented on this thread.

Today, it was one of the most exciting races since Mika passed Schey and Zonda at Spa. I was on my feet in front of the TV.

Glock seemed to lose grip as 2 or 3 cars went by--it did not look intentional. Lewis won. To me, it was fair and square. LH stayed out of trouble. He pitted before Massa to take on intermediate tires, he drove hard. If he had been in a Ferrari, we would be saying what a smart race he and Ron devised and executed.

After the race, Lewis seemed genuinely humbled, happy and grateful to the team. He earned some respect.

Let's give him his due. He got the job done and is world champ.

Now, let's hope everyone else works their ass off to beat him next year.

6. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Has anyone watched the last lap or are we just writing nonsense here? Glock pulled right outside the line to let everyone by on a DRY part of the track. Not only is this obvious but it's also blatantly obvious. To me that is cheating and although Hami is a great driver, Glock gave it to him when it should have been Massa's.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    See my response in the other thread

1) Toyota spends millions to be in F1

2) Toyota has NO affiliation with McLaren or Mercedes

3) The whole reason Toyota and Glock stayed out was to gain better position by not making a stop

4) The above worked, because they were 4+ positions up, and they still finished 1-2 positions ahead of where they would have if they had stopped

5) Glock came right out and said the car was handling badly and he had a hard time keeping it on track

Furthermore,

-the FIA "gave" Massa 6 points he shouldn't have had, so even this shot he had today was artificially closer than it should have been, had it been based only on the actual racing

-You say it is cheating... even *IF* Glock moved over, what rule was broken? Answer: none

-You say "it should have been Massas". No, it should be the winners... and this season that was Hamilton

-You say it is "blatantly obvious". Where is your proof? Glock says different. Your opinion of the situation trumps the man who was actually driving the car?

-Ferrari broke the (stupid) rule 2 weeks ago by implementing team orders. It was blatant and obvious and the penalty is clear... Ferrari must be penalized, agreed?

So, how about this... we'll kick Glock back in the standings by 1 position for what we think he did, despite the fact that he says he didn't do it and the data agrees with him....

....then we'll swap Kimi and Massa at the prior race where Kimi moved over.

So... let's see... net 1 point deficit for Hamilton

...and net 2 point deficit for Massa.

Hamilton wins, by one more point than before!

8. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #33 SPEEDCORE, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Didn't Glock also have an issue in the pits with refueling. Lost him a few seconds.

Think about that for 12-months. Get rid of that and Glock is up the road instead of getting passed at the final turn. He was only 6-seconds behind Hamilton at the finish....hurts doesn't it!

10. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Yep, and it will be to come...

11. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    To 3&4: Since Glock, just like you say, stayed out to chance and gain advantage, why would he just easily give these 4 positions???
    to 5: Do you seriously believe he would just come out and say: "yes, I let Hami pass so he could win the WDC!"

Regarding the other comments, all I have to say is teammates are mates in a team and help each other regarldess. Last time I checked, Glock isn't driving for McLaren, or at least not yet.

12. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Wow, what a barrel of laughs this thread has turned out to be. Why SRT mike even bothers to explain why the conspiracy theorists are full of it is beyond me but it makes fun reading.

Today I'm remembering that tiny gas station in Remuera NZ just up the road where Mclaren started from.

13. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What a silly thread title. Why not have a 'Ferrari Engine Mechanic for Massa in Hungary - Shame on you!' thread, or how about a 'Ferrari Electronic Pit Board Button pusher (Shanghai edition) - Shame on you' thread. I'm sure people with better memories than I can come up with some other thread titles, but the point is that a WDC or WCC are won/lost over the course of an entire season - not the events of the last lap of one race. Singling out Glock for unfair attention is missing the point. Had Ferrari, as a team, performed better throughout the season, none of this would be relevant.

The bottom line, as has been stated many times is that Ferrari won the WCC (hurray!) and Hamilton won the WDC (well done, but we would have preferred an F car driver obviously). Glock was the last 'interesting' intervention in a whole season of incidents, thrills and spills. Those of you that support the conspiracy theory are sadly mistaken. The data proves this point. Glock and Trulli posted virtually identical last lap times. There was zero grip for grooved slicks on the last lap and just keeping their cars on the track is nothing short of phenomenal. Kubica, Vettel and Hamilton all passed him wth ease and by the end, he was nearly 6 seconds behind Hamilton. Had Hamilton not passed him at the last corner, he would have sailed passed on the drag up to the finish line. Even then, Glock still finished net 1 place better than he would have done had he changed to wets. Case closed.

14. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Conspiracy? Have you replayed the last lap? There's a few links to it so please watch it carefully.

1) Dry track
    2) Glock pulls off the line and allows 3 cars to pass
    3) Glock get back on the line and swirves right to avoid a fourth car passing him

Could it be any more obvious?

15. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah, I don't bother anymore either. You simply can't change some people's minds, they're too biased and set in their ways. If you prove them wrong, they'll dodge your post or pull anything out of their ass to try and legitimize their point. I simply get a laugh out of it now, as SRTMike and a few other try and preach some sense.

16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    If you have ever driven a racing car - any racing car - in the wet on slick tyres, you would probably be better informed about the facts of racing life.

17. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Actually you're wrong. Glock doesn't get back on the line, and he doesn't swerve to get out of the way. He's TWITCHING because he's ON THE WRONG TIRES, A CAR WILL LOSE GRIP TERRIBLY IF IT'S ON SLICKS IN WET CONDITIONS. He's clearly struggling for grip.

18. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Look guys, what is done is done. Congrats to Hami, he's a great driver and deserves it although I would have rather seen Massa take it. But you got to admit there was something wrong there with Glock letting every one pass. Please don't try to discount it and call me biased, I've always been a fair guy and may the best man win type of person despite my love for the red.

19. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

That's it right there.

20. 07F430Spider

07F430Spider Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #45 07F430Spider, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    So you guys are saying that last part of the track is wet?

21. Frissen

Frissen Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    USA/Mexico
    Full Name:
    Frissen Gutierrez

Agree.

+ no one here sees the higher picture? Its not Glock or Toyota its FIA. An orchestrated finish, someone gave orders to Glock to move away, is that simple. Toyota had nothing to gain by not moving, and a lot if they moved in FIA's embraced championship.

Racewise no one moves like that fighting for a position, Glock gave the dry line away loosing 2 positions, anyone RACING keeps on the dry line and let the others if they can, pass on the outside, he gave the positions blatantly...

sad... I don't have any faith in FIA F1 anymore.

22. Frissen

Frissen Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    USA/Mexico
    Full Name:
    Frissen Gutierrez
    Slicks in wet are terribly hard, yes, but if fighting for position you slow down and let others sort out where to pass. He moved under orders, despite heavily struggling with conditions.

Nothing to do now, but sad.

And Vettel did a magnificent race indeed, now thats driving.

23. Ralph K

Ralph K Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2008
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    + 1

24. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    #49 308luver, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    While we are on the topic of conspiracy's what was with Kubica?

LAST place behind even the Force indias ALL RACE LONG. All of a sudden he finds pace to attempt to unlap himself from the middle of the pack??? He was no where CLOSE to unlapping himself, they were all some REDICULOUS amount behind Massa. So WTF was Kubica doing? All the other racers are pulling off line to let Hamilton/Vettel go by. He then delays his turn in when hamilton lets him by....

This is after OPENLY admitting that he would rather have massa win????????????????????????????????????????????

I doubt it, but what if this was a plan to put a fast car in the back to be there for this type of senerio?

25. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It is also a fact that if you run off line unintentionally, it is very hard to get back on line as the car will understeer wide big style. Has it occured to you (collectively) that Glock may be offline because he simple got his braking wrong on the way into the corner? Did you see Hamilton do exactly this 2 laps earlier and allow Vettel the opportunity to pass him? He was on wets - Glock was on grooved slicks and hence his problems would have been much much harder to overcome.

Either way, you are absolutely right when you say 'Nothing to do now, but sad'. It's over. No need to make it unnecessarily personal.

As for Vettel - that kid can drive!!!!!! Great performance.