Glickenhaus' SCGs | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Glickenhaus' SCGs

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by Igor Ound, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    "IMSA won't let us race because we aren't a mainstream manufacturer. In the WEC and Le Mans yes."

2. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Such a shame, SCGs creations are engineering beauties. Hopefully they’ll come to their senses before racing begins. If they don’t let them race does that mean we won’t see the 007 being built?

3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    SCG003 6:33 Nurburgring Nordschleife Run - May 2017

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    June 8, 2020 - Glickenhaus on SCG 007:
    "The engineering process is well underway, with preliminary wind tunnel analysis complete and an extensive wind tunnel testing campaign starting this month. The plan is to complete the engineering this month,
    assemble the subsystems in July, build the car in August and by this September the Glickenhaus 007 will hit the track for her first shakedown. "

5. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    They'll be allowed at LeMans, not Daytona because IMSA does the rules and they haven't allowed them in as a manufacturer.

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    technom3 likes this.
  7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wow. jim has an imagination that is for sure. hope it gets made.

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Sounds like it’s up to the eventual buyers if it then gets made. Would that be even legally safe to drive?

9. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The answer to that is in the article you posted.

Igor Ound likes this.
  10. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
  11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #237 BJK, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Tenney likes this.
  14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

Don’t mean to discourage you but does Jim pay you for all these updates? Ever met him?

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Pay me?! for what? I've 'followed' him for years, met him very briefly at 'local' (NY/CT area) car shows where he has brought some of his incredible cars (SCG 003S, SCG P 4/5 Competizione, P4/5, P3/4 [do not go there] and others)
    He is building a shop not far from me in Danbury CT. Can you name other Americans who are building their own design cars with their own money and successfully racing them at the Nurburgring?
    If you were a 'car enthusiast' you would understand. But you're not, so you don't.

And before you respond, I hope you consider some of what the Moderators have tried to make you understand in your now D E A D thread 'Why I Hate McLaren' . https://ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/why-i-hate-mclaren.600263/page-6
    Please don't ruin another thread. Have a nice day. :)

boxerman likes this.
  16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #241 Igor Ound, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020

Relax. Why always so nasty and personal? All I see in every thread I start is you posting endless promotional material. I notice cause I’m following them, guess you’re doing the same all over the place. Was at least hoping you might be getting paid for it. Never mind. Keep up the thankless work.
    And btw you can start threads too and stuff those with as much free promotion as you like. Maybe Jim or Mclaren will get you a job one day? :)

17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    you think just because you start a thread, you're special or something. Who gives a rat's ass who started a thread? WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO IT??? NOTHING!!! :rolleyes: :)

18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    The difference with the ones I start is that i get notifications when there’s a new post. Seem to have touched a raw nerve again, never mind, keep as you were, doing a great job

19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    ‘Ring Racing Debut For New 004C
    I don't understand their problem with being too loud, which led to the engine fire. They are well aware and familiar with the noise limits at the 'ring. This is not their first rodeo.
    They should have been prepared with different muffler set-ups if there was any question of the car being too loud. 003C had noise/muffler issues. (even Modulo almost burned down from mufflers)
    Of course it will all be 'remedied' before the N24.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/09/02/mission-accomplished-by-glickenhaus-with-ring-racing-debut-for-new-004c.html

20. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Gordon Murray is trying to do what Glickenhaus has already done!

He should just join forces and make a Great Leap Forward!

SV

21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Maybe they could do with some help. I’d give Jim a call if I were you...

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is there any 003 sold to a private client yet? That thing is probably the most beautiful supercar this side of a LaFerrari. I hope Jim still plans on making and selling these.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Boot is just awesome, a classic shape with history that also has a lot of Lambo 002 in it.

24. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    DuPont shared yesterday the first Boot was delivered in New York. Article picture shows what looks like another nearly-finished body behind it.
    Curious as well, though last I asked, I was told 5 or so were in production.

BJK said back in Feb. 300+ changes were made to the 003, wonder if those were changes implemented then or would need to be implemented.