Giulio Borsari | FerrariChat

Giulio Borsari

Discussion in 'Who's Who in Ferrari Universe' started by Fraschetti, Mar 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fraschetti

Fraschetti Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    España.
    #1 Fraschetti, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    He died Giulio Borsari, Scuderia historical mechanical. Came to Ferrari in 1962 where it remained until 1976 with delivery and almost devotion.
    Before he was Maserati.

He worked with Fangio, González, Surtees, Bandini, Ickx, Regazzoni...

It left us with an interesting book of memories: "La Ferrari in tuta"

Saludos.

2. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    I saw him many times at Finali Mondiali or other events. Great guy from "vecchia guardia".

RIP

3. Michele

Michele Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    The Hague, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel Mulder
    #3 Michele, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I heard the news yesterday. Sad day.

My wife Ella and me have very good memories of Borsari.
    A few years ago I was a photographer for the Shell Historic Challenge and Giulio Borsari was the man who was responsible for the technical originality of the classic Maseratis in the Challenge. Although retired, he really enjoyed working on Maseratis again after almost 40 years. Ella and me came to know him through a mutual friend at Corse Clienti and we kept contact ever since. He liked the fact that my wife is really interested in classic racecars. Once a year, we attended a 'traditional dinner' somewhere near Modena with several 'Modena Dinosaurs' and some Maserati Corse and Corse Clienti people on saturday evenings after the Mille Miglia. The dinosaurs, including Borsari, told wonderfull and fantastic stories about "days gone by" during these dinners.

The last time we met Borsari was in Modena during the Mauro Forghieri exhibition in 2011, where he was present with the "Anziani Mecchanici F1" during a "technical discussion" with Mauro Forghieri, organized by the Modena technical university. Borsari was very attentive and focussed on he discussion together with his former colleagues.
    Last year, unfortunately he could not be present at the dinner due to health problems. We were hoping to see him this year again but unfortunately that won't happen.
    It seems appropriate that it's raining in Modena right now.

RIP Giulio, we will really miss you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login