Giancarlo Guerra - of Scaglietti | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Giancarlo Guerra - of Scaglietti

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Doug Nye, Feb 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug Nye

Doug Nye Formula Junior
    Honorary

Jan 21, 2008
    UK
    It is very pleasing to see and hear so much respect here for one of the boys in the background. I have spent much of my life around car designers and engineers, but the best stories - not always printable, and often not entirely accurate, but always always still a darned good story with a fascinating core of truth - come from team mechanics. It's nice to be able to give such guys credit.

Just before Christmas 2019 I spent a very happy day with the Stewart family and with four of Jackie's 1973 F1 World Championship-winning Tyrrell team mechanics. To hear them relentlessly ribbing JYS, and him remarking that he'd have won more races if only he'd had decent mechanics, was an absolute joy. I know it's not particularly an American trait, but here on our island the more one Brit takes the p--- out of another the greater affection/respect it really shows. I know - we're an odd lot.

But that was a really heart-warming day - a superstar who truly appreciates and still values those who helped get him there, and vice versa.

DCN