Geneva 2017 for F12M | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Geneva 2017 for F12M

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by x599, Jun 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It does now!

2. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #152 rockitman, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    NO... see post #143 here by -K1-.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Definitely not for the entire front end. Bonnet louvres at the front will do the opposite of cooling, entire front bumper is pure fantasy and the headlights aren't close to what Ferrari's design is at the moment.

5. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

The F12M sounds pretty close to TDF (power, aggressive styling (ignoring above render), rear steer). Where does this leave the secondary market TDF values when the series production F12M hits the market?

Previously, the higher performing limited variant has come at the end of the lifecycle of the base car e.g. 458 speciale, 599GTO, so hasn't been a question.

6. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It will be the same as when the f12 came out to 599 gto values. I don't think the successor will rival the tdf in the same way the f12 doesn't rival the 599 gto.

7. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Even though it will be based on the same platform?

8. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As discussed before, Ferrari are not fools and know how to differentiate the product to ensure their LE cars maintain their hallowed position. Even though I am yet to take delivery, from everything I have read and seen, C Harris speechless videos included, the tdf is simply the most visceral and rawest car they have made since the F40. No way will the M be as harsh or demanding.

Despite everyone knowing the mid life would be a step forward in many respects as it always is, and the F12M successor again, my sources tell me they had demand for some 5 times the tdf production, so there is your answer on values.

9. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    Let's hope the F12M maintains that unique blend of power, handling and luxury that makes it a joy to drive in the country on day trips with that special person sitting beside you. It can be a gentle and powerful cruiser one minute or a menacing beast the next. One has that option with the F12. The TDF is just a beast all the time, and while special in many ways, and I love it to death, it is definitely not my first or even second preference for these types of trips. That is what makes the F12 so special, and why the F12M is on my shopping list. Having met several F12 owners at a Pilota course recently in Maranello who stated that this 'dual personality' is what attracted them to the F12, if the F12M is too similar to the TDF, overall I believe it will alienate more potential buyers than it will attract. Ferrari know their customers very well - the F12M will be another advance on the F12, but it will be far more refined than the TDF.

10. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Im thinking of holding onto my F12B as its currently my daily driver. No sense in trading and losing so much money on depreciation as I'm so satisfied with the car anyway.

In a perfect world, i would buy the (TDF) version of the F12M 4 years from now and have both. Would have to make a killing the next 4 years to justify the cost. I usually wouldn't buy 2 supercars cause i feel its a waste of money when the cars are not driven enough. But the final editions of the V12 range seem to all maintain their value if not go up (GTO, TDF, etc.). If i had one of those parked alongside my F12B in the garage, it wouldn't be so bad :p

11. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Next-gen Ferrari F12 to stay naturally aspirated, reports say

Found this last part very interesting...

"Ferrari has not given a timeframe for the replacement of the current F12, however Autobild suggests the new car will arrive in 2019. By then, the F12 will be seven years old, a relatively long life for a top-of-the-range front-engined Ferrari."

12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I no longer am. As I posted earlier, going turbo has not been an overwhelming success for the V8 range and the differentiator to Maclaren has disappeared. They will now take no such risk with the F12 successor.

13. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    I can see how that would make sense. What stood out to me most from the article was the timeframe. The suggestion that the car won't arrive before 2019 seems ridiculous. Especially since F12B orders are no longer available.

Maybe someone better informed can drop hints whether we will see the car in geneva or not. They usually pull out the big guns in Geneva and Frankfurt. Im betting on the LaF Aperta for sure in March. Could they have a plan on riding out the impact of showing the Aperta to postpone the F12M reveal?? Or would they show them side by side? Or neither, lol

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think you are confusing the F12M and the F12 successor. F12M will be at Geneva.

15. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Oh snap! My bad.

16. RICH V12

RICH V12 Rookie

Nov 1, 2016
    Yes, I knew some UK dealers were taking POI's but when i enquired how long would it take to get a car, I was told late 2019 or 2019, as they had already taken deposits.

Luckily I found one dealer who said i could have one of the first 3 cars and they have a big allocation, so I hopefully will get one first quarter 2018

Gave a deposit of 20k 3 weeks ago

Rich

17. RICH V12

RICH V12 Rookie

Nov 1, 2016
  18. RICH V12

RICH V12 Rookie

Nov 1, 2016
    Yes, spoke to dealer who saw it recently. More aggressive styling, more power (between 760 and 800 hp), updated sat nav technology, said it will certainly stand out )
    Think it will be sought after

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    As are all F12s!

20. Rari21

Rari21 Rookie

Jan 21, 2016
    Dealers have been taking deposits a few months now!

21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Loads of second hand F12s spending a long time on forecourts in UK now, partly seasonal but not flying out the door, though prices steady as thin market.

22. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Makes me feel a little better about selling mine in anticipation of the M, but I miss that car. Wonderful and best all round Ferrari I have ever owned.

23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Its just money and I'd much rather have the car. Definition of sought after.

24. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Same here guys- I think its the best modern Ferrari.

25. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That made me go and check Pistonheads

33 for sale of which
    "TDF for sale" 2
    Incorrect section 3 (355 and 365 )
    Novitec cars 3
    Wanted ads 2
    Left hand drive 4
    One off special 1

So of standard normal Uk F12 there are 18 on the market lowest price £195k for a 25k miles car, most in the 215k to 240 k area. Confirms steady market and thin on the ground. But apart from some strongly priced Amari cars, the main dealer stock I see is not what was around at the start of October.

The main change will happen when the F12M comes out. It will either be the must have car, or the move to a more aggressive styling may put some owners off.

Have to say with 599 prices now in the 120 to 140k area, F12 not got far to fall now . If exchange rates force a significant rise from Ferrari(watches have already had this, Rolex in Uk plus 10% last week) then it could take the F12M to a regular £300k plus car. That will also assist the F12 which remains an amazing machine, and agreeing with what Tim wrote, for me the best sports car I have owned by a distance.

Maybe cars will hit that iPhone dilemma, yes the new model is better, but is it really that much better and is it worth the change. I sense a little of that with the FF to Lusso discussions. Even if I am the worst culprit of enjoying the latest creation.