Gemballa MIG-U1 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Gemballa MIG-U1

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by AJ, Dec 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. adlassing

adlassing Karting

May 13, 2008
    Pittsburgh & Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Adam
    A little off topic but have to ask.

Is there also a black P4/5? Or is that the red origional red one but photoshoped?
    I know of the red one but havn't seen the black.

Now back on topic....

I kinda liked it at 1st but then once I got a better view of the car looking at the pictures that were taken outdoors I dont like it as much.

2. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    No, there is only one P4/5.

3. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    no no no...sorry i didn't make it clear...those pshops were done a while back by Michiel VDB...he did it because some of us were hankering for Jim to paint the thing black:)

4. shigs@ferrari

shigs@ferrari Karting

Jul 30, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    i'm a great fan of the enzo but never been in love with its looks, this however is not the answer! lol

love the interior though!

5. chocolatecamil

Dec 30, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Full Name:
    Camil Michalczuk
    personally, i think this thing is......... i dont know. im sure id like it in person though. a photo just makes it "meh".

6. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    The rear reminds me of the F50 somehow...

S

7. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    It needs to be a different color. Otherwise serious Rice. I do however still like the interior.

8. jayfive

jayfive Rookie

Jun 6, 2005
  9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    They're building 15 of these?

Where are they getting the Enzo's from to convert?

10. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  11. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Whats with all the haters?
    This is very well done, and if the Enzo was originally styled like this model you'd be giving the usual pantwetting responses :rolleyes:

Its not like any great beauty was sacrificed for this creation, there are hundreds of identical Enzos if you prefer that look.

Its a direct inversion of the jelly-bean style of the 360/430, and it actually looks NEW, which is more than most designs achieve. I'd probably **** myself upon seeing it on the street, which is seemingly the desired result.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That is not called being a hater. Some people dont like it. Im one of them. It is horrible. A Reventon is prettier than this transformer. And that says a lot.

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Japan. Look at the Japanese Diablo's and F40's to get the idea.

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    One word... bedazzled!

Terrible.

Is any of that designed in a wind tunnel?

15. Ak3

Ak3 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2005
    Svezia
    Ouch!

Why did the rape the Enzo ?? how dare they =/

16. carvad

carvad Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Vadim Dobrovolskyi
    #93 carvad, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. carvad

carvad Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Vadim Dobrovolskyi
    Any idea about s/n? Let me know If anybody knows

18. speedy

speedy Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
    I bet they'll only build about 5 at most, counting this one.

It's a negative net gain. You'll ship your car to them and get back a heavier car with more downforce. With only a +40hp gain, you will see minimal, if any, performance gains. I love tuners as much as anyone but if Gemballa is serious about making this car, they should start by adding turbos. IMHO a tweak on the engine A/F map, an exhaust and a body kit is not worth the expense.

just my .02

19. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #96 AJ, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Hopefully nowhere!

Given that we already have so few Enzos as it is, it'd be a real shame to lose 25 more.

21. MassaFan

MassaFan Karting

Nov 10, 2007
    Well guess for the ones who don't like the look I have good news. Mr. Gemballa disapeared about three weeks ago on a business trip in south africa. Calling his wife to send 1 Mio Euros to south africa claming he had a accident and problems down there.
    According to a city offical who also has a construction company running in Leonberg where Gemballas privat residence is located he has seen him comming out of his garage just two days after this phone call. There was no offical prove of life since the phone call due to his wife. The official status is that Gemballa is missing right now.
    The company is in big trouble any way. They made a minus of 1,2 Mio Euro just last year. As there was no other possibility they made his wife the substitute CEO and as the company is insolvent they probably close it. In the last days there have been some more rumoers herer but nothing what is aproved but if you want I will keep you updated. So it seems that this car was the last project and there won't be other Enzos that will be tuned by Gemballa.
    By the way I like the look of the car. If it's necessary to improve the cars power etc.?? I don't think so it's got more then 99,9% of the drives will ever need.

22. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I'm confused as to whether they are buying the cars then selling the cars post-conversion or offering to transform existing Enzo customers cars?

I'd find it a bit strange to see 25 different cars for sale with Gemballa, all with different mileage and history.

23. willy.henderickx

willy.henderickx Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    As the las reply dates from March, I wonder if the s/n had been found in the meantime.

Regards

Willy