Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September, 12th (The 2010 Edition) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September, 12th (The 2010 Edition)

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Aug 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    ED...Please look in the top drawer of your desk. Just take it....we don't want to hear about it. You'll never know just exactly how much we appreciate both Sandy and yourself putting so much effort in to our good time.

We love you guys.

2. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    That was so much fun. Thanks Ed and Sandy for hosting us at your beautiful home.

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    HUGE thanks to Ed and Sandy!!! Weather held off, and golf cart polo is *almost* the most fun you can have on 4 wheels!

4. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Again a HUGE THANKS to Ed and Sandy!!! To hold off the weather AND have an F-18 fly over ... someone's got connections deeper than my Sicilian ones

5. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Ed and Sandy have outdone themselves again! Thank you for hosting. Thank you for having us. And thank you for being great people! Oh, and did I say Thank You yet? Thank you!

6. PatrickM

PatrickM Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Portland,ME
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Couldn't have said it better Lane!
    It was a fantastic day at the farm again this year! Ed and Sandy, thank you so much for inviting us down. Great cars, food, people and one hell of a fly over!

I'm not sure if I got the "most miles driven" award this year, but I will say it was ABSOLUTELY worth the drive!

Thanks again!

7. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Ed & Sandy. Tori and I had a great time. It is the one day year that Tori and I are able to wrangle up a baby sitter and spend the day together. I consider it a day out with my two loves (the wife and the car... I'll let the group decide which one comes first). We can't wait to see how you up the ante in 2011... a military fly over will be tough to beat.

Brendon, great to meet you. The TR is a great car. One Sunday I'll let you take it out for a spin and see if it lives up to your expectations.

8. SLK_Roy

SLK_Roy Rookie

Oct 20, 2008
    Naugatuck, CT
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Great seeing some old faces, even better meeting some new people. A great big THANK YOU to our hosts.

9. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Ed and Sandy,

Kate and I had a wonderful time. It was our first golf cart polo game, ever!

Many thanks for your generosity and hospitality!

See you again soon!

Best,
    Will & Kate

10. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #60 UConn Husky, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Ed and Sandy - Thank you so much for the wonderful day. My wife said "that was the most fun I've had in a long time". While my ego is bruised, I actually agree. Now my kids want 6 golf carts for Christmas! I always heard that Ferraris were expensive but I thought it was because of the majors.

12. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Many thanks to the perfect Hosts, Sandy and Ed :) Now I can say I got to experience SuperCars, Polo Horses, and Fighter Jet flyovers all at one event :D The event was pure class today, gracious hosts willing to share with us their one of a kind Polo Horse Farm. I was also very impressed by the gratitude shown by those who attended, wish all events were this perfect ;)

13. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    My wife often complains from the passenger seat. Today I got drive as wildly as possible, without a single comment. I'm planning on putting a polo mallet in the Ferrari and occasionally tossing inflated white balls out the passenger window. That should keep her sufficiently distracted to greatly improve our rides together.

14. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ed and Sandy,
    My hats to you both! What a great day!
    Mrs. Gurslo and I give a warm Thankyou for hosting such a great, stress free event. Hang'n out with everyone in a relaxing atmosphere made for a pleasureful time. We hope you were able to enjoy the day the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was great meeting new people and talking with everyone, simply an awsome, awsome time.
    LANE- Thanks for taking the honors and doing what wa$ right.

Happy Trails everyone, till we meet again.

CHEERS TO ED AND SANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter and Marcie

15. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Strongest of the set is that last one, Jay. Nice Job!

16. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Joe, you may have turned me from a 328 to a TR lover. My wife, I'm sure, will thank you.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to Joe, he's evil. We'll have to go for a ride and maybe you will come to your senses. Or you can do what Joe did and buy one of each.

17. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Great pictures Brendon.

18. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank You Ed and Sandy!
    Sue and I had a fantastic day. The people, food, horses and cars were all wonderful. This is my second year at the event, plan on many more.

Thanks Again,

Mike

19. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    #69 Mikety, Sep 13, 2010
  20. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
  21. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I can only echo what others have said. Amazing day and great hosting! Thanks so much! We'll be talking about this for a long while!

22. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
  23. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #73 AVFPolo, Sep 16, 2010
    It appears that golf cart polo is a hit. Not just a hit with the men but also with the assembled women and children. Even the horses enjoyed watching from their windows in the stall barn. Michael may just be right. Maybe it is time to go national with this sport. Good fun for the whole family and very safe. That is safe until someone steers his automobile onto the polo pitch while play is in progress.

Dipstick1 made a very quiet entrance to the farm this year so you just had to know that something was up. Upon egress from the property he gave into the tempation and made a stellar exit. Two quick blasts from his Italian air horns was enough to scatter the spectators who had gathered along the sidelines to watch a friendly game of golf cart polo. On to the field he processed at a leisurely pace. He stopped to speak with a couple of the red team players. One could only assume that he wanted to take up a position on their team. Assumption made due to the color of his automobile. He was offered a mallet which he politely declined. Assumption incorrect ..... he was only seeking directions to a local eatery where he was scheduled to join his lovely wife. And with a small increase in engine rpm Dipstick1 left the field to the golf cart operators.

AVF Gathering 2010 award for best exit goes to ..... Dipstick1.

- Ed -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #74 AVFPolo, Sep 16, 2010
    The concensus from the emails and pm's that I've received is that we should have another F-15 flyover at next year's gathering. Four examples of one of the most advanced machines ever conceived and manufactured by man were kind enough to treat us to a flyover directly over our little gathering and preciously as we sat down to enjoy lunch. Four F-15 c/d models screaming in from the southeast just below the cloud cover in the classical 'missing man' four ship formation was a thrill to behold. The visual was outstanding, however, the audio was beyond words. And the answer to the most often asked question with respect to this flyover is NO. No, this is not the norm for our quiet country home. In eleven years of living at AVF we have only seen the jets on one previous occasion. A pair off in the distance.

Did I have something to do with this??? Did I ever mention:
    1. One entire branch of dad's family tree have been in the Air Force, technically, since before there was a USAF
    2. My dad's uncle was a fighter pilot in the USAF and retired as a Major General (two star)
    3. My cousin's husband is a full bird Colonel in the USAF. Former fighter pilot and fighter school instructor.
    4. We really should take a run over to the airport for a special tour.
    5. Both my mom and dad, in their younger days, were licensed pilots
    6. For multiple reasons we MUST continue with the event as scheduled this Sunday, September 12th.
    7. In post #20 that we were still working on arrangements for another activity but it is "up in the air" at this time. Any attendees Accelerated Free Fall (AFF) certified?

OR

Maybe, just maybe, the four fighters flying directly overhead at lunchtime during our little gathering was just about the biggest coincidence ever. Could it be ???

I'll let you decide for yourselves. Hope that you enjoyed it !!!

AVF Gathering 2010 award for best exhaust note goes to ..... F-15
    AVF Gathering 2010 award for best power to weight ratio goes to ..... F15

- Ed -

25. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Glad that everyone enjoyed their visit to AVF. We enjoyed having everyone here for the 2010 Edition of the Gathering.

Extra special thanks to my wife, Sandy, for not only putting up with my car passion nonsense but actually encouraging it. And for all her efforts to make the gathering a pleasant experience for everyone.

Planning for the Y2.011K Edition has already commeced.

Did I ever mention:
    1. I went to the same school as someone who is now an astronaut
    Hmmmmmmm ... what could we do with that?

All for this year

- Ed -