garage services | FerrariChat

garage services

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Amore, Sep 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    any advice for garage services in Dubai for Ferrari ? but no ARM .

2. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I take my car at Al Tayer but if you really want to try a different place then check out Fiorano Service Center (Fiorano Service Center | Dubai) near Al Aweer auto market. They service all types of exotics. I know a couple of guys using them.

3. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Curious about why no ARM. They have helped out my old TR on occasion, a friend's 360 and have resurrected another friend's 308GT4. Justin is ok.

What car BTW?

Vaderinc, sorry we never met up. Maybe at a car event some time soon. My TR is getting a fuel gauge issue sorted and hopefully will be back on 4 wheels soon.

4. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    ARM is extremely expansive and slow, iam waiting a small part now almost 15 days,i made a mistake not to take my 612 to Ferrari service center. about Fiorano Service Center i don`t really advice as i know of my friends they will drive you car at night for fun . what i advice is Fast car Service.and if someone can tell us more about good services will be nice.

5. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Well I can certainly NOT recommend the dealer. We had a car 'serviced' there once before exporting it. The work was billed for but never done. The funny part of the story was the tools they dropped into the engine and could not retrieve so they left them there.

I have few cars, none I would really trust someone to service here, so, time permitting I do the work myself as my cars are old and simple. While ARM are ok, I agree they can be expensive and a bit slow if they are waiting for a part. Expensive comes with F car territory however.

6. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    so you are happy with ARM? have your tried somewhere else? i order some parts from eurospares and iam hesitating where to do the job.

7. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    We can always have a beer even if you don't have your car :) Ping me any time.

8. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The dealership sometimes needs a bit of a nudge to get them to do a proper job and you need to keep following up with them but I can't say I had any bad experience with them that would keep me away. Out of the lot, i think they are the most expensive, but "official Ferrari dealer" does offer me a bit more reassurance that I will get compensated if something goes wrong.

9. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    My father in law bought a used Ferrari in DXB, part of the deal with the seller was a compete major including belts at the dealer. The work was done, bill paid by the honest vendor and the car exported. We picked up a smooth running, shiny car from a smiling service manager and put it into a container.

When it arrived, we were shocked to learn that none of the work was done, except for a engine bay cleaning. Timing belts were unchanged. They even dropped a tool between the engine and the firewall which they could not retrieve so they left it there. Shocking. I would not let them add air to my tires.

As the vendor was the client and the car was no longer here, I suspect you can imagine their response.

Another friend watched in horror as they wiped down his brand new 360 CS with a dry cloth while he was paying the bill in the service waiting area. It had sand on it and the customer was waiting you see...

I could go on but you get the point.

Fingers crossed I will finish reassembling the TR today, so maybe a latte during the coming cooler weather would be ideal. I have not rejoined the F car club yet, but maybe if I finish it soon.

10. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    #10 Amore, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally after waiting 17 days i got my car from ARMotors after a problem on shifting, the car is perfect now ,see the prices below
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    #11 Amore, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    very cool.

13. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Are these costs in USD$?

Mike

14. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013

about 470$ without shipping.

15. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I think Mike was asking about the invoice from ARM. ;)

16. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Yeah I got the black leather ones with red stitching for my 599 from ExotiCARe. Andrew is great and they have great products. Highly recommended.

17. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    yeah agree Andrew is a nice guy .

18. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal