Garage Cabinet recommendations | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Garage Cabinet recommendations

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Voda, Jan 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ECHO CHARLIE

ECHO CHARLIE Karting

Jul 8, 2009
    Cavallo Nero , great looking bench , especially the Imperial brass fitting display , had one in our store for years .

Edward

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I have Gladiator and really like them. Have had them for almost 8 years. When I got them there was only one line, heavy duty and welded construction. Apparently there are cheaper ones now?

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    watch for sales
    I got some Gladiator stuff from Sears for 40% off last year

4. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I have the gladiator and like them. I too bought them on sale, and will probably buy more when they go on sale again. Nice quality, especially for the price. I really liked the moduline cabinets. I put ctek in my trailer, and they are really nice also. Just couldn't justify the cost for how much of it I'd need for my shop.

5. Shaun Oriold1

Shaun Oriold1 Karting

Mar 21, 2008
    Burlington, Ontario. Canada
    Full Name:
    shaun
    The gladiator cabinets are not bad if you dont know the alternatives. Once you've seen fancy cabinets you cant compare, and wont look at them twice. The RTA cabinets are cheap feeling as thye use a thin metal, and the lack of shelf adjustment options isnt great

The biggest beef I have with the Gladiator cabinets (pre-built and RTA ones) all have screws / rivets on the outside side of the cabinet. So you can never get cabinets tight to each other. Thats a deal breaker for me. leaving 1/4" gaps between cabinets is ugly.

Couple years back we did a customers garage floor, and slatwall. He bought Gladiator cabinets at lowes. HE didnt want my cabinets as they were $5k more. He bought the gladiator ones for $1500 from Lowes, and asked us to build them. I told him my installer would if he paid an hourly rate. After seeing the construction, I regretted agreeing.... They held up fine though.

6. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
  7. Jsf721

Jsf721 Karting

May 15, 2015
    I would agree on the read to assemble, but the premier line has held up fine for my storage needs. I had them professionally installed and I think they butt up nicely in all aread except where I had a defect in the wall causing a small bump out that I chose not to repair prior.

I will post some pics.

There are better cabinets for sure, but bang for the buck, they were great. I also really like the gearwall, its durable, and gives me great flexibility to change how I use it depending on how my storage needs change for example, I installed it when my kids we little and had bikes and balls all over. I traded out the bike rack holder claws and ball caddy for a golf caddy.

I'm sure there are loads of better systems but this one id certainly worth a look at a given price point. I looked at moduline and it was to rich for my blood, its a home garage for me and my projects wont wear this stuff out.

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    awesome..........very cool!

9. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I've been happy with the fit and finish of the heavier duty Gladiators as well. My cabinets have no gaps, the shelves adjust, and the metal thickness is good. I know the higher end aluminum cabinets are nicer; I own some of them. But they were over 4 times the cost for my shop.

10. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    #35 Eli355, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #36 stevecomp, Feb 1, 2016
  12. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #37 stevecomp, Feb 1, 2016
  13. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    [

cool cabinets....very tech :)

14. Athers

Athers Rookie

Aug 13, 2018
    Markham
    Full Name:
    Nick Scope
    Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, is the line of cabinets, benches and rolling carts from Sam's Club...the line is called Seville Classics Ultra HD
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The steel is easily twice as thick as that in the Gladiator cabinets https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-cabinets/ The stainless steel is a little fussy (fingerprints, dirt, dust, and grease show up easily) and the doors could use a reinforcement piece in the center to stiffen them up, but other than that, I have zero complaints regarding them.

My total was less than $2000 and I have 2 of the tall cabinets, 2 of the benches, 4 of the roller carts (2 with full drawers, 2 with doors-stacked and mounted on top), 1 of the rolling bench with drawers, 6 of the wall cabinets, 1 desk (no longer available), 1 midsize roller cart (50% larger than the other roller carts-no longer available) and 3 matching butcher-block pneumatic stools (no longer available).

15. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I've had red Baldhead's for 10 years....couldn't be happier !

16. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Vidmar. Our army loves it. you should too. Theyre amazing.

17. Grabau19

Grabau19 Rookie

Mar 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt
    man that’s cool. I am in Denver. Let me know if you ever come across another one