Games we are Playing Now! | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Games we are Playing Now!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jan 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I've been playing Real Racing 3 on iOS.

Anyone else playing it?

2. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I got into the island addon and it's nothing exceptionally new, just more exploring area. The guy who continually asks for money for his mine is particularly annoying - tried to kill him but he's one of those characters who won't die until quest completed.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I'm currently playing Max Payne 3 and I'm looking forward to the release of Gears of War: Judgement next week.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Just Cause 2, much better than I thought it would be. The sandbox map is massive, no bad for a 3 year old game.

5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It is a great game! :D

I finished the game on normal and now that I know my way around I'm playing it on hard, it's just fun even when you aren't following the story.

6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    #431 TheBigEasy, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is my favorite game of this console generation... (over GTA IV, etc)

I've played it to 92% completion... I think it's incredibly underrated... LOTS of fun.

7. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Yes and I love it. The driving by tilting the ipad feels intuitive. With the retina display it really looks great too.

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Crash course 2 is out(xbox). It's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I'm Batman!!!!! :D

(playing Batman Arkham City GOTY)

10. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Just finished playing GTA4 (Again) now moving on to the DLC (which I haven't played before). Can't wait for GTA5 :D

Also playing Fable 3 (it's free to gold members on XBL at the moment).

11. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Just got/started Far Cry 3. Interesting story behind it but constantly find myself running out of ammo :( Not a major gamer so am finding it a bit difficult but I enjoy a challenge from time to time.

12. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I really liked Far Cry 3. Finished it awhile back but still pop it in to kill an hour or two as I roam the island. I'll find a Jet Ski and explore the waterways or pick the highest mountain off in the distance and then hike my way to it and then jump off using my wing suit.

Ammo is a problem. You can " craft " a bigger pouch to carry more ammo by collecting the necessary items found around the map. You can always pick up the weapon of someone you've killed. If you have one kind of gun but the enemy has another kind and there is many of them, you can pick up their gun and keep replenishing your ammo by picking their's up as you work your way through them. Much better to fight them with their weapon than trying with yours.

Cool game with lots to explore. The story line ties it all together.

I'm already looking forward to Far Cry 4 :D

13. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    i've been playing a lot of fallout 3 GOTY edition after work. really fun, was hoping to hear some things about fallout 4 at E3, but no luck

14. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Appreciate the tips! I'll stick with it because the story seems really interesting!

15. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Fantastic game. Fallout 1 and 2 are still in my all time favorites list.

16. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    haven't played F1 or F2 before. i really should try those out to see how fallout all started

17. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  18. spyke

spyke Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2011
    Place To Be
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Playing an Old Amazing game called Test Drive Unlimited.

Here's my thread showing my modified car in that game.

My Ferrari 458 Italia

19. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Pre-ordered Rise of the Triad and got the Apogee Throwback pack. Missed out on Blake Stone and the old Rise of the Triad back in the day so giving it a run through now.

20. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Been playing Skyrim for a year and have done majority of quests and unlocked a good number of achievements...don't play but a couple of times a week now and then only for an hour or so - go out and massacre a few cavefuls of bandits, falmers, and draughrs.

I have some good new games but have been too busy with writing to play them.

21. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    #446 Pantera1523, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  23. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Update: finished the game and loved it. Got better with aiming and not a "b*lls to the wall" mentality and that helped a lot. I also now look forward to Far Cry 4. Did you play 2?

24. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Glad to hear you finished it.

I always like to carry an assault rifle and a sniper rifle. I'd pick off as many as I could from a safe distance with the sniper rifle and then finish them off with the assault rifle.

In case you didn't catch it I believe there is DLC ( download content ) that you can buy off xbox live that has something like 5 extra missions and something like 7 co-op missions and they throw in a couple rare animals to hunt and a new gun. I bought the DLC. The extra missions were fun but short, less than two hours per mission and I really take my time to enjoy the view :) The co-op missions are challenging and require team work. One player needs to do one thing while the other needs to do something else in order to complete the mission. I didn't hunt for the new animal but I think one of them is a black panther. If you really like the game and have the money to spend I would recommend getting the DLC add on pack. However, it will still leave you with wanting more :D

I played Far Cry and loved it. I bought Far Cry 2 which is still here on the shelf. I started the game but at that time I hadn't played any open world games so I hadn't got the hang of just going out on a mission or task. Far Cry was kinda linear so I didn't have a problem but Far Cry 2 had me lost. I had the same problem with Red Dead Redemption. Far Cry 2 is set in Africa and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do so I set it aside. Now that I have the hang of it after playing FC3 I think I may go back and give FC2 and Red Dead another try. For now I couldn't make any comparison. I think you could get FC2 for under $10 so if you're looking to play something it might be worth trying.

Like you I can't wait for Far Cry 4 and I hope the xbox one lets them go all out :D

25. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Keep going back to Dark Souls. Started a few new characters...playing through the DLC, some PvP, and just trying out new weapons and different builds.

Played Star Conflict for a few days - fun but a bit too limited.