FXX Unveiling!!! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FXX Unveiling!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by arshad, Mar 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TorontoR

TorontoR Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    Agreed, perhaps they were not invited since they haven't spent big bucks lately on a new model Ferrari? I wouldn't put it past the Dealer to think like that although stupid IMO.

Also, the rare or perhaps older Ferraris are still in the garage and haven't come out yet for spring?

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

I have heard of f40s coming here for that money already...I personally know that they have entered here at that price.
    Im not certain of the one at Foo, but it could not be far from the mark. My only concern with the one there is if its the one that caught fire and burnt to a crisp in 97/98 on the 407...it went back to italy to get redone.
    If you look through international car magizines, you will come across 288s (with exchange) for the 400 mark.

3. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
  4. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    I understood that F40s could be had for at best 500K canadian, depending on specs, condition, US vs Euro etc,....but the 288 is MUCH more rare...I figured a legit 288 would be comparable to an Enzo value (at least)....I didnt even bother asking Marco about it at FoO...even as I was practically drooling over the one upstairs.

That being said, I'm not sure I could live with one that I knew had been involved in a 407 meltdown (if indeed, this is the one)...even if it had been fully restored...

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Steve,
    here are few for sale right now.
    You will notice an f40 US 92 for 335US
    I know you are aware that the f40, and gto were not allowed in Canada at the time, they did not meet the guidlines for transportation Canada...though I think 1 288 may have passed I cannot verify.....but international circles the f40 is easily brought here for 400....even under, of course depending on condition. The gto is not far behind. Dont go by FoO numbers, they still think a 97 355 should be 175k.

http://www.belgoexports.com/&03_fiche.php?id_car=95

http://www.dennigcars.org/used_ferrari.htm

http://www.dennigcars.org/used_ferrari.htm

6. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Didn't see any prices listed in the above ads.....I still think the 288 GTO would be around Enzo values (note...only 2 ads in the world?...a similar search for an F40 would list at least 20, me thinks ;) ....and those F40s you are quoting...can they even be driven in Canada?..do they qualify for the 15 yr exemption?
    I agree the dealer will always sell the same thing for more, everything being equal,...but I would be too nervous to buy a car of either caliber without the full support of an authorized dealer.Besides, the extra $$'s I find are well spent, especially when things go wrong with your car after purchase. It always gives me peace of mind, and has come back to help me with both of my Fcar purchases.

It would be a dream for me...but to be honest, I wouldnt pay those kinds of bucks to NOT drive the car. Even sitting here and considering it, Im anal about even taking out the 550...imagine if it were a 288 or F40?..LOL, it would be a max 6 drives a season....don't know if I could hack that, especially considering the money I would have to tie up to do it :(

Alas, the dream is dead....at least for me

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Yeah, it sounds about right. 300,000 Euro is about the average going rate for one. Belgo and Dennig always come up online but I think they are no more than brokers. The pictures they use are always the same ones from Auto Singen in Munich and other "real" dealers. When it's time to buy there are better routes when spending your $400,000.00CDN as you guys know. Symbolic in the States, Dk Engineering in Europe to name a couple of many.

It would be nice to see some 288's in T.O. That car is truly THE BEST!

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    No way bro. Did you start partying a lil early already? ;)

9. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Really?...even with the ultra low production numbers in comparision to the Enzo?

Still, I have yet to see an advertised price in print for a 288 (even if it is a Euro), though I might just call Marco down at FoO...even if to just satisfy my own curiosity....

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

That was a small search...but they are out there. As long as the car is 15yrs old or older you can bring it in. I agree 100% that for that kind of money I would want the dealer backing it. But, how many f40s, f50s 288s do you think FoO has really had the experience in fixing ? It is a scary thought....only because the money to throw at it would be scary. In the forax magazine (forgot the issue), the 288 when it came out, it hit the high time of the exotic car market. They stated the almost all cars, went from dealer to dealer...said there is known car with orginal owner. They all went ot brokers to sell and resale. When they got these cars in there hands they all got tracked for fun if only for a few miles to be beaten....then the service issue came up....and they kept getting flipped. Odds are that car to find a perfect one may NOT exsist.I would bet Steve if you got one for 400K you would have to throw a few more 100s at it. I think the same would hold true for an f40. The f50 is still in the 600-700 range....but as the unloved child(like DJWANNA4BK) and its price, forget about that.
    Whats the purpose of all this.....I have no frik'n' idea ?
    Maybe Im hoping I could mentally think I could afford a 288 for the price of a 430......(you know what they say...if you're gonna dream, dream big)

11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

On the phone with Marco right now.....................................................................................................................................................not sure, said 400-600k...........not for sale................................not sure the stat on it..................its a Euro car...........................................knows little about it..........................................................says an offer is always open if its in the ball park..........................start at 400 would not be out of line as a start....................................................................................................................if I want more info, talk to Remo..................................................................................400 is about right for a good clean car from Europe..... end of conversation.

12. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Hey!...that's what I always say!!

Speaking of dreams....I'm heading down to the Maple leafs game tonight....just in time to see them hammer the final nail in the playoff coffin, I suppose :( Damn, they always end up breaking my heart...

On a positive note though....no rain today???...sweet sunny day tomorrow??!!??
    Looks like Im gonna be responsible for the waste of quite a bit of fossil fuels in the next few days... :)

13. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Call Marco....you're 288 is awaiting.....if you got that car....I would be sleeping in you're garage every night......I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE !!!! so you know I would do it. That car is the ultimate.....no pressure Steve...maybe dreams do come true ???

14. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Thats quite the range, no? LOL

Just the kind of words you want to hear when your considering spending appx. half a million on a car, with the potential for lots more to be spent!

And the survey says....

OK...dream officially over....now, switch dream to 599 GTB!!

15. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    And THIS is supposed to be a selling point ?!?!

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  17. m3forlife

m3forlife Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  18. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Hehe, thanks for posting. He's lucky there was no traffic in the oncoming lanes!

19. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Now how in the HELL did I miss that? That was a heck of an exit.

20. TorontoR

TorontoR Karting

Mar 16, 2004
  21. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
  22. na8282

na8282 Rookie

Oct 19, 2005
    I was in that Maserati and he wouldn`t have done it if there was on coming traffic..and he knows what he`s doing..n e ways it was amazing.. I took a video from inside but can`t post it..

23. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    288 is one of my all time favorites. It's a steal right now, price has nowhere to go but up. It is basically an F40 without the exotic materials and a low key appearance. Most people would never know it isn't a 208/328.

Rick the one that burned on the 401 didn't go to Italy from what I heard. How are everyone's fuel lines? Still original? Time to change them boys!

24. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.

I thought the one at the dealer was the one that burned. I heard that at an FCA meeting some time ago. Maybe I misheard though.

25. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta