FXX Registry | Page 45 | FerrariChat

FXX Registry

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Townshend, Dec 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I'm trying to identify this FXX. I saw it at Fiorano on 18 May, 2007. It is most likely also the FXX that Top Gear Magazine used for their issue celebrating 60 years of Ferrari.
    Noticable details that should help identify it are the small arial on the roof camera and the two small rear view cameras on the front fenders. I've looked through all my own FXX pictures and many on the internet, but haven't found any with these features. Any help is appreciated!

Best, Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Cavalieri and NürScud like this.
  2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    #1103 bigodino, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    NürScud likes this.
  3. Thomas Quintin

Thomas Quintin Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Paris France
    Full Name:
    Thomas QUINTIN
    You can see in the video at 0:10 that the rollbar design isn't the definitve design that were on production cars. So far I've only seen 139744 with this rollbar design but that doesn't mean there aren't any other car like this.

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    #1105 bigodino, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Hi Thomas,

139744 is also the earliest known chassis, correct? Is it possible that this FXX was kept by the factory for some years? Because I also found some pictures of the car being unveiled* by people like Montezemolo, Todt and Schumacher. Which makes it likely that it was a factory car. It would also explain the test drive by Benuzzi. And the small roof antenna might be for transmitting real time test data?

As FXX-Evo at the 2007 Finali Mondiali at Mugello:
    ferraris-l-r-amedeo-felisa-luca-cordero-di-montezemolo-jean-todt-and-michael-schumacher-present-the-new-ferrari-fxx-car-during-their-annual-festival-at-mugello-racing-circuit-in-tuscany-october-28-2007-reutersmarco-bucco-italy-2E868KD.jpg (1300×836) (alamy.com)

NürScud likes this.
  5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    It was also used at the presentation of the Millechili:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Well, 139744 was to be auctioned at the 2007 RM Sotheby's auction at...Fiorano! That was the same weekend I spotted the FXX on Fiorano. The car was withdrawn from the auction and didn't appear in the catalogue either, so I never made the connection.