FXX at Bentley-Maserati St. Louis | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FXX at Bentley-Maserati St. Louis

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Feffman, Apr 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Interesting. However, everyone is entitled to their personal opinions and impressions. Who is to say that he was not treated poorly? WE weren't there!

Assuming he is not making his experience up, what good is it to brand him a "loser" simply because you do not agree with his impression of your colleagues/friends??? The bottom line is that more often than not you are going to get better treatment when you are perceived as a potential sale versus a tire-kicking dreamer.

Personally, the times that I have walked into a highline dealership where I did not have an established relationship, I have experienced everything from azzkissing to being completely ignored. You never know. Everyone is a potential customer & should be treated as such.

2. Techn9ne421

Techn9ne421 Karting

May 7, 2006
    Prairie Village, KS
    Full Name:
    Kyle Brady
    There is no point in furthering this discussion. Someone made a comment of their opinion and everyone else is voicing their opinions, including me. So i think that we should all drop this pointless argument and just enjoy the discussion of this car. PS.......Im driving from KC to St.Louis tommrow to check out the FXX. Can anyone verify that it is still there so that i dont waste my money on the gas?? Thank you very much.

3. mdaj

mdaj Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    KC,MO
    Full Name:
    Mark W.
    I would say it has. I have a pic of the tow hook and the paint is chipped. Also, upon investigation of the front bumper there were visible chips on the front bumper paint. You won't get that on a trip from the factory to a dealer. I think it could have been tracked at the Homestead event. Just my $0.02.

4. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    This car was tracked at Homestead and is scheduled for many more track events. The owner is a driver! This is no showroom queen.

5. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Glad to see you call fellow members "losers" without hearing the other side of the story because as we all know, there is only one side of the story. With all the mixed reviews about FMLV going on in this forum, do you really think it's a good idea for you to represent them on here?

6. Subydriver

Subydriver Rookie

May 5, 2006
    Worden, IL
    Full Name:
    Christopher Lybarger
    I case you haven't made the trip yet, it appears to still be there. I looked on Bentley of St. Louis website and they have a live webcam to look at the showroom and camara #2 has the FXX in full view.

7. mdaj

mdaj Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    KC,MO
    Full Name:
    Mark W.
    Sorry, I misread your post as if you wish the owner would track it.

It is great to know that this thing will be eating the asphalt regularly, as it is ment to!

8. Techn9ne421

Techn9ne421 Karting

May 7, 2006
    Prairie Village, KS
    Full Name:
    Kyle Brady
    The 400(total) mile trip to see the FXX from Kansas City was welll worth it. Saw some nice cars in the service bay including 2 360 Modenas, Testarossa, F355, and a 308 (all red). Also saw a yellow SRT-10 going the opposite way on the highway. If anyone would like to see some of my pics of the FXX or any of the other cars they have there just drop me a PM.

9. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Good point Cajun. I emailed and then called FOD about a 328 and 355 a few years ago. I was very nice in my emails and the salesguy came off as very flippant and a downright d!!K. All I asked about was for some specific details on service (since they claimed to have serviced it since birth) and if they had anyone else interested since I was planning on taking a trip out to drive it. I called to try and reassure them that I was no tire kicker and the conversation went downhill from the start. I posted my experience on the Rocky Mountain region, when someone asked about them, and I think I broke Roland's heart! I'm sure they are great folks. I, however, was treated like crap and would push my car to the next state before I would ever darken their doors. I do not give second chances. The market is too small and WE talk. If a dealership can not control their empoyees, they have no reason to call foul when people complain. Todays pizza delivery boy is tomorrows chain owner. It comes with the territory and they should not b!!ch if a few enthusiasts want to take a look. Just my .02.
    Jim

10. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Do we know who the owner is or the S/N of the car? I'm here in St. Louis and will probably drop by tonight or tommorow to take a look at the car.

11. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Stopped by today and looked at the car. All I can say is incredible. They had the drivers door open so I got to peak inside. The car is absolutly stunning.

12. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    There is a video of this car reeving the engine with some incredible flames exiting the exhaust.
    Check out www.vodcars.com It is in the beginning of episode 25.

13. Dmitry

Dmitry Rookie

May 23, 2006

Hi :)

14. mdaj

mdaj Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    KC,MO
    Full Name:
    Mark W.
    Eek! Hello :)

Received you link from another forum. Great pics BTW. Surely wish they were desktop size ;-)

15. Dmitry

Dmitry Rookie

May 23, 2006
    what forum?
    :)

i am going to try and ACTUALLY do a shoot of the car. then i will have high rez photos