Future classic? | FerrariChat

Future classic?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Igor Ound, Aug 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

?

1. Yes

17.5%
  2. No

82.5%
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    As other threads have stated there doesn’t seem to be much discussion around this model, which I personally think is the best ferrari since the F40. Same happened with most famous classic cars, they needed time to grow in the public perception. So could the SF90 be a future classic? Many reasons why it could imo, including less interest than it deserves. Yes or no?

Texas Forever and 456-boy like this.
  2. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It's very cool, but it's a regular production model. Meaning they will build as many as they can sell. But again, it's performance specs are amazing but the F8 is better looking, IMO.

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. gto85

gto85 Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Formigine, Modena
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    No classic car here

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    What if not many buy them while Ferrari’s building them? Most modern classics work that way rather than by the forced scarcity of limited editions.

x z8 likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Too early to tell. Maybe in 25 years. A car needs some age to become a classic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Perfect set up. Global recession. Lately- Most new super cars depreciate quickly- too many new models, too much supply on market. Result- Less speculative purchases as others choke on the over supply. SF90 Technolgy disputed. SF90 Style disputed. Please don’t buy one- save your money for a C8. Ignore the performance- even if its unbeatable. Please make my order that much scarcer. Most of all- Don’t tell anyone that many of the other $1-4MM hypercars are also hybrids.

7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It is difficult to see a hybrid car become a classic. Too complex and will become technologically obsolete too quickly. I think the 3 hybrid hypercars will face the same issue; many friends at Ferrari tell me collectors are now refocusing their interest on Enzo, F50 and away from LaF as many cars are throwing up battery issues and the cost as well as the hassle of sorting them out is significant.
    Don’t get me wrong, I think the SF90 is a big achievement, a major step up in supercar performance and I for one am very happy to have ordered one. I also think that once the major journalists (Harris, Sutcliffe, Catchpole etc) get their hands on one the sentiment around weight & enjoyment will turn which will make the car even more popular. However I still think that its technology will be surpassed quickly and better Ferraris will follow.

If you want a classic, buy a Ferrari from the 60s and 70s...I think those are safe bets.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I am ordering this car for its performance. It surpasses everything to date under 2MM. I like the design- and I haven’t yet seen it in person- so I will withhold final judgment on that. Virtually all the reviews are fantastic. Classic? We won’t know for quite some time. Good set up. Enjoy your car!

Caeruleus11 and Igor Ound like this.
  9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    This is almost impossible to predict. It´s like guessing what are going to be the fashion trends next year or making the next blockbuster: if it was so easy I´d be millionaire. Many super-hyper-undisputed classics were commercial failures back in the day, had technical drawbacks and aesthetics that were not in tune with the tastes of their time. The Mini or the Beetle were sold by millions and are classics, so scarcity doesn´t mean much either. The Dayotna is more "classic" than the 365GTC/4, and there are more Daytonas.

So who knows: this could be "the first of a new era" or a car of "the malaise era". Buy it if you like it and forget about the rest.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nope, it's kinda fugly....

ShineKen and dustman like this.
  11. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I’m told it looks a lot better in person. And- I think it looks good. I also think it looks better than 488 and 812 to name a few recent cars. Not the only ones.

Igor Ound likes this.
  12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #12 Igor Ound, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    I’ve always liked it but that’s not stopped other classics anyway.

13. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It looks amazing in real life

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, F140C, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have you seen it in person?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #15 Igor Ound, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe ,sometime in the next century.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Battery car , never

18. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    There is an almost 800HP turbo eight. The batteries are added to perfect the performance/ top off.

And you wouldn’t have a La Ferrari, P1 or 918 either. I can only dream on those.

I’ll take my old world cars with a dose of the future. It’s about the experience. The smiles the drive brings. Reports are that the drive is quite entertaining.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The 812 isn't a pretty thing either...at least from the back!...but of course, both are awsome machines, and i have never seen the sf90 in person wich it's true, some times changes our first impression.

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not, i haven't, but i doubt i will like those tail lights...

21. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    OK then. No soup for you. :)

I do like the tail lights and the entire rear. Exotic, muscular, and reminiscent of the La Ferrari in feel/ futuristic.

I’ll take mine in red and those tail lights will quickly disappear from your view.

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Guess your cars start with a handle? ;)
    Compared to battery only cars hybrids might be considered collectible soon

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    heheh, nice colour choice, i think it suits her.....oh and don't worry, my old merc will be long gone in your mirrors before you change from 2nd to 3rd!

24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I m sure you re joking !

25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Which one is it then?