Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 114 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There are problems on so many levels. The valet may not know how to operate the car. At least around here they don’t get to drive many Ferraris.

Many cars use the red button to both start the engine and shut it off. Some don’t realize they have to turn the key to shut off the engine, not push the red button.

Switches on my 612 are what I would describe as being on the delicate side. Rough handling of a window switch or the reverse lever can result in an expensive repair.

The front is very low and a valet used to parking the ubiquitous SUV’s may ram a concrete wheel stop. My FF has a front camera, but the valet wouldn’t know how to turn it on.

Those are the innocent things, on the nefarious side, things may be stolen out of the car, it may be damaged, or it may be taken for a joyride. I doubt joyriding is common, but it only has to happen once with my car.

I’ve never had a problem with a valet allowing me to park my own car. In fact I have had some tell me to please park it, they don’t even want to get in it (possibly their company won't allow them). I always get a prime space, they’re happy with the nice tip and I’m happy I don’t have to worry about the car.

jm2, flash32 and ddrewesusa like this.
  2. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The worst thing I saw about a valet parking lot of a restaurant- the patrons came out and found the parking lot EMPTY! All the Benzes, Porsches, Lambos and Ferraris were gone.
    A gang came took all the keys at gunpoint , tied up the valet and drove away with all the nice cars.
    Moral to the story- Never ever give your keys to the valet. Lock the car and give him some cash to make him happy.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

FerrfanFL likes this.
  3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I guess I was not clear... at 3PM they transform the self part to valet - so you either park on the street or in their lot. when I pulled in the valet sign was not even out... and I parked normally. if anyone had a half a brain the Valet could have said "hey park up front we'll keep an eye on it.

Nospinzone likes this.
  4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    The deal was I was parked - the Valet sign had not been put out and then the kid comes and hassles me - cause he wants the tip money... or to drive the car? regardless there is a far better way to handle it.

5. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    No. If you did end up with a scratch, it was likely someone keying the car and not the valet hitting something.

6. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    I just stop giving valet my keys I had too many times that they would bring me the wrong car. And in NYC a lot of these valet are high school kids who just got their license and all I know is they are not driving my Ferrari they probably can’t even drive stick. I tell them show me where to park I can park it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And you are absolutely right, there is no need for him to keep the keys. Obviously you are not blocking another car in.

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    right - I think we were literally the only car on that side. there were maybe about 5 other cars. Two of which were at the front by the valet parking.

9. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I was at a Ferrari of Vancouver event this past Saturday. Over 75 Ferraris!!!!

So, standing by my car, this fellow comes up to me with his family and naively and innocently asks me if my car is a Ferrari.

Like he doesn't know one car from another.

I reply, yes it is.

He takes off his sunglasses and it is Roger Helou, the General Manager of Ferrari of Vancouver!!

Fun one he put over on me. Still can't stop laughing over that.

vwpartsman and paulchua like this.
  10. Jpacione

Jpacione Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2014

Wow, is he bad at his job, or what?

ryalex and Julia like this.
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  12. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    paulchua and Nospinzone like this.
  13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :D:D:D:D:D

paulchua and Ivan Drago like this.
  14. Gary Sandberg

Probably based on the thread quoted above, since the Dilawri group acquired 50% ownership, there has be a drastic turn-around and house cleaning. Roger has been there for about a year. I have to state that my experiences there have been outstanding. Night and Day from Dr. Miller's thread.

And, Roger, great sense of humour.

15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ah, good to know, thanks for posting that info, that is important.

paulchua and Gary Sandberg like this.
  16. Gary Sandberg

And just to follow up, Roger was based with Ferrari in Dubai and in Quebec. So many members probably already know him.

17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Just curious, but what do you consider a 'nice tip' for the valet?

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    At a restaurant always $20. When we've traveled and staying at a hotel $50 and usually that is multiple times due to staff changes. This is to stay out front and not go into a lot or garage.

There's a story that Frank Sinatra gave a valet a $500 tip. He asked the valet what's the most he had ever received. The valet said $100. "Who's the cheap prick who gave you that?" he asked. "Why you did Mr. Sinatra"! :D

Kjm2003, Sickpuppy, paulchua and 4 others like this.
  19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Thanks!

20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    geez, that adds up. do they take bitcoin? :p

Nospinzone likes this.
  21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well, you know what it is, if we have my Lexus or my wife's Panamera, I tip modestly. However, when I pull up in a Ferrari, I don't want to look like a cheapskate. :)

BJK and jm2 like this.
  22. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    This is quite simply my favorite thread on this entire site and it’s been too long since anyone posted!!!!!

Post your funny experiences!!!

BUMP

23. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    So, i was at a party, talking to this gal, we decided to step outside for a while so she can have a smoke. in front of the house is a red nsx parked on the street, she says, who the hell would drive their ferrari to a party (addressing the red nsx). Then she walks 2 cars down, leans against my BLACK Ferrari 308, and never noticed it is a ferrari, i kept my mouth shut. yes, she was a bit tipsy.

EnzoItaly, jc1 and Nospinzone like this.
  24. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    My favorite response when someone asks how fast my ferrari is.
    I say, well, it does 0 to 60, and it also does the 1/4 mile...
    some folks laugh, some just have that bewildered look

Nospinzone likes this.
  25. AREDSTALLION

AREDSTALLION Rookie

Jul 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    NA
    I have a 2016 C7 and I do get every now and then people ask is it a Ferrari or other exotic. I have had people actually ask what my car was, I guess the crossed flags and body could not tell them. I tell the ones that think it is a Ferrari, no, a Ferrari is Italian and costs way more than mine. I then tell them mine costs $75,000 new and they think that is a lot and I go times that by around 3 for a Ferrari depending on year, condition, and model of course. A lot of people are car ignorant and I do not know if they want to learn or they just want to ooh and ahh about a pretty car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nospinzone likes this.