Fun with a Scammer. | FerrariChat

Fun with a Scammer.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Nov 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I have an ad in Autotrader and eBay, and I have a scammer respond to it. This will be so much fun!

Why don't the Nigeran scammers learn proper syntax so their scam letters aren't so easy to pick out?

My personal scammer is Steve Dicko, he is in red, I'm in black:

Name: steve dicko
    E-Mail Address: 1. [email protected]
    Comments: Pls am interested in the car i saw in the add iwant to know if the car is still available for sale at this moment don't hesitate to mail me back asap
    still waiting,
    steve.

Yes it is for sale. thanks!

MDS

Michael,
    1. How are you? I just got your mail, I really appreciate your urgent response and please indicate your best price for the car and also give me a comprehensive detail about the present condition of the car and also forward the pictures into my email box and as soon as this is done we will arrange for the payment and pick-up.please, don't fail to indicate the price of the car and hoping to hear
    from you soon.
    Best Regards,
    steve.

Thanks for the reply, the best price is in the eBay ad, and the detailed discription is there as well, Regard, MDS
    P.S. Where are you?

Hello Michael,
    1. thank you so much for your response.pls,can i have your full contact address and phone no so we can start arranging for the payments.
    best regards,
    steve.

Thanks Steve, Where are you please? MDS

BTW, here's the AutoTrader ad:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=172661470&dealer_id=&car_year=2001&make=VOLVO&distance=25&max_price=&model=&end_year=2005&advcd_on=n&min_price=&address=28734&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1981&color=&cardist=0

This scam is just starting, I think Steve and I are going to have a great time!

2. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Continue:

Michael ,
    1. thank you very much for your earlier reply.i am an auto dearler ,i have been in this business for so long.here is my full contact address.124 brownson avenue,
    SE4 Sheffield London.
    United kingdom.
    please kindly sent me the necessary contact address and phone no,so we can starts arranging for the payments.
    best regards,
    steve.

Dear Steve, thank you so much for your timely reply. I'm so glad you are interested in my car. I think you will find it to be a great car, especially if you have a family. My mailing address is:
    1. Michael XXXXXXXXX
    238 Sukcock Drive
    Wanker, NC, USA 23345

Unfortunately, I suffered a virus at age 2 that left me deaf, so you may call me only if you have a phone set up with a keyboard; most people prefer to use the e-mail instead. Please do not hold my disability against me.

I look forward to hearing from you. I hope you do not think $17,200 is too much for this excellent car.
    I look forward to doing business with you.
    Regards, MDS

3. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Why does Wanker have to be in NC? :(

:D haha enjoy this one. Best regards to your poor lil friend. I love how he offers to buy the car before he gets a price! Shoulda been like the price is 50k... :D

4. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Why not have Jeff at Ferrari UK try and check out that address? Or maybe Paul P4Replica? He's in the UK also.

5. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is starting out so great.

UroTrash, Thank you for sharing the joy with us. It's just what I needed after a long, sh!tty week toiling in my stupid fu<king cube.

I can't wait for the next installment !

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Too bad that you've already given him a name and address. Otherwise, you could have given him the name of Chris Sawyerr and the address of whatever prison he is at now. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Turn a scammer onto another scammer already in jail!

7. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    You peeked.

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
  9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I wonder how many people will call his office Monday morning looking for Dr. Gunboat or Dr. Kitty Fishsticks :D

10. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
  11. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #11 UroTrash, Nov 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Michael,
    Thanks for your prompt response. Due to the pressure from our client
    that he will soon be going on vacation, he wants everything to be
    concluded before he leaves. However, he has informed me to let you know that a cashier check will be issued out for the order. Please get back to me if you will like ths idea because it seems that its the only way he can issue out the payment to you without delay,please update me as soon as possible with your last asking price and the pictures of the car,
    Steve

Dear Steve,

That sounds Great. I do like cashiers checks, especially when dealing over seas.

The price is $17,200 US, but I will lower it by $100 for the reason I will get to in a minute.

Steve, I must tell you one thing, so that I stay perfectly honest about this car. Last Sunday we decided to take the car to Church and my eldest son was in the back seat with an open Coca-Cola soft drink.

His little sister was playing with his tackle and made him jizz all over the back seat.

Immediately my wife cleaned it up as she has had much experience with fluids of that sort.

Needless to say, the boy has been punished, and I am making the girl do special personal chores for me. I assure you that it was cleaned up well, and there is NO detectable smell. This is why I want to lower the price to $17,100 US to you.

Steve, I know how this might worry you, with you being in England, but I assure you the car is in beautiful shape.

Please tell me the next step so that I might get my Cashiers Check quickly.

Devotedly, Michael

P.S. here is a picture of the beautiful car:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    What is the scam that he is trying to pull?

13. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Watch.

He'll want to send a check for over the asking price, asking me to send the difference to his "shipping company". takes a week for the US bank to find out his cashier's check is bogus, and in that time he has my real check for 2 or 3 thousand.

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

HEY!!!! Thats MY address!!!!!!!
    (Why you little....)

:p
    :p

Seriously, M you are quickly creating an a F-Chat classic. We have done this before many times at the RPF, always great fun!!!!

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Hahaha @ the Powerbook scam.

16. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    what's the scam? Does anyone know? My friend gave up her address and phone # hoping to get rid of a Pontiac.

17. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    See post #15

18. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  19. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Sadly, i have not heard from my scammer in 24 hours. Maybe the back seat jizzing was a little over the top.

20. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    How about if we give him Wayne Hyne's closed bank account #, address and SS#!

21. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I would say so...

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hilarious - keep us posted!

23. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Just for the record. I live in Sheffield. It is approx 150 miles from London! There is no Brownson Avenue in London SE4.
    I am sure you are shocked by this revelation! ;)

24. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #24 UroTrash, Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Michael,
    I have spoken to my customer and concluded arrangement
    on the payment.He has instructed me to inform you that
    payment will get to you in a cashier check of $24,000 which is a
    refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him.
    Due to company policy this check has to be made out in
    this amount to you ,because company policy only allows a refund
    payment on one cashier check,so you are required to deduct cost of
    the car $17,200 when payment gets to you and refund
    balance $[6,800] to my customer via western union money transfer/MoneyGram for
    him to be able to upset shipping charges.After payment has reached
    you and balance sent back to him,our agent will come pick up title
    and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer,while
    title papers and other necessary documets will be sent by you via
    fedex courier to my customer.
    Confirm this and provide name, address and phone
    number for check payment to be delivered to you via fedex courier.
    Thanks,
    Steve.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm a little confused. I only want a Cashier's Check for $17,100 (remember I'm discounting the car $100 because my son jizzed on the back seat). I don't quite understand why you are sending a check for $24,000.

If that's how you want to to do the deal, I have no real objection to sending you $6,900 (remember the jizzing) by Western Union, In fact to make the deal quicker, I'd be happy to send it the day I get the check for $24,000.

If I'm to send the $6,900, Steve, I'm a little worried about this as, I, respectfully, don't know you, and Sheffield London is such a far place.
    Steve, I need to know FOR SURE that I'm dealing with an honest business man. I do not know you or what you look like. Steve, I need you to send me a picture of yourself so I will know it is indeed you I am dealing with.

Steve, I need a large and clear picture of you. I need you to be holding a large sign that has the name of my hometown on it so I will know it is you. This is important to me, so I know who I am dealing with.

Summary: A large and clear picture of you holding a large sign that has the name of my home town in large letters: WANKER

If you send me this picture of you with the sign, I will feel much better about sending you the $6900 (including the jizz money).

Here is a picture of me so you will know me as well.

Thanks Steve, let me know soon!!!

Michael &Steve 4-ever XXXOOO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    LOL!!!! Kitty Fishstick is back allright. Cliffy, you're THA man