Fuel door replacement with Carbon gas lid | FerrariChat

Fuel door replacement with Carbon gas lid

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by sandman03456, Jan 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    My wife purchased a carbon fuel door lid/cap for the Lusso. I have attached two photos. Any advice on installation would be appreciated. As you can see, there are only two exposed attachment points on the installed unit and three on the carbon unit. Thanks in advance. Joe Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Take the original flap off and install the new carbon flap. There are two studs that secure the flap to the hinge (one of them is hidden under the trim piece) and a third stud to connect the catch to the flap.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

sandman03456 likes this.
  3. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Brian, thank for your advice. With your words of wisdom, the task was a piece of cake. I will upload a series of pictures. There is only one additional piece which needs to be replaced which is shaped like a capital "E". I photographed this individually and with its appropriate placement for re-assembly. Thanks again for your assistance. All the best. Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login