355 - Front Bumper Gap 355 | FerrariChat

355 Front Bumper Gap 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by SA Mike, Oct 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SA Mike

SA Mike Karting

May 25, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Martinez
    So my car has a gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom part of the hood. Nothing new since I bought the car this way. I would suspect that it was taken off at some point. The thing is now, I want to get it fixed. My question is could it be a matter of it was not put back on correctly or is it usually something “bent” or worse. I called a local body shop and they said they would have to pull it off before they can give me an estimate because it could be sub frame or something like that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    The gapping is incorrect but at least consistent.

there are only 8 nuts holding the bumper on. You can easily loosen the 4 front ones in the luggage compartment and adjust the gap yourself with a helping hand. Try that first. You can use a spacer to gap the bar evenly and then tighten it once in position.

INTMD8, SA Mike and 308 GTB like this.
  3. SA Mike

SA Mike Karting

May 25, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Martinez
    Thanks Elliott

MAD828 likes this.
  4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    It should have a gap mirroring the black trim tape going around the car, about what? 1/4 of an inch maybe.

Probably came off to respray it, very typical to not gap it correctly when putting it back on unfortunately because most body shops shouldn't touch exotics.

I would avoid the body shop they haven't a clue what they are messing with here. It's a simple adjustment this isn't from a crash.

ShineKen and SA Mike like this.
  5. SA Mike

SA Mike Karting

May 25, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Martinez
    Thanks Johnny!

phrogs likes this.
  6. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You don’t need to pull anything off
    First so the simple fix, losses the 17” nuts from inside the trunk behind the carpet, have someone lift the bumper and hold it tight against the top filler panel and while u r tightening the nuts, put pressure upwards in the socket so all things move up simultaneously

OCKlasse, Qavion and SA Mike like this.