Front Brake Rotors - Price! | FerrariChat

Front Brake Rotors - Price!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by SouthJersey400i, Mar 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I have known for a couple of years that I was headed toward needing new front rotors. I measure them each winter and I have a a small margin left to the specified minimum thickness. In the past there has been an ebay seller listing a pair of Brembo rotors for under $600. They are sold out. I have searched all my usual suppliers and the rotors now seem to be going for $1000+ per rotor, not a pair! Does anyone know a source for say $1000/pair??

I contacted Giro Disc who supplied front rotors for my AMG E55 track car about 2 years ago. They sell rotors for many modern Ferrari's. They say they have a casting pattern for our cars but would need to see interest by at least 5 owners to make a run of these rotors. See link below but there are multiple advantages to Giro Disc rotors:
    • much lighter weight
    • They are 2 piece with Aluminum hub so better cooling as well as weight saving
    • Rotors actually pump air through the vents. Left and right rotors are different as vanes are angled to pump air.
    • They will drill and/or grove for individual orders (not mine!)
    • They estimate the cost of a pair to be $1000
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/forums/365-gt4-2-2-400-412.89/create-thread

Let me know if you are interested in switching to these rotors. If there is enough interest I will collect email addresses and get back in touch with Giro Disc.
    Ken

2. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    If you can use our stock calipers that would be a great option.

3. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
  4. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Tojo
    I did not see our rotors on his web site. I sent an email. Since he is in Australia shipping could be expensive, but at the right price would be okay.
    Ken

5. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Schumi, they should work with stock calipers, that is their normal business. Interested?
    Ken

6. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Our rotors aren't on the website, but when I was in his workshop a few weeks ago there was a stack of different rotors there on a shelf. Yet to be photographed and added to the site. I'm hopeful that there might be 400 ones there. Yes you're right that shipping could be a killer. Good luck with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
  8. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I sure would be but for this little Ferrari V12 engine rebuild I am going through at the moment. Depending on how that goes I'll let you know....

9. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Looks like I'm gonna go with the ones on ebay. Thanks Arvid; they were not there a week ago. The seller just posted a large number of rotor / pad kits for multiple Ferraris.

10. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Update: I bought the rotors on ebay and they arrived a few days ago. The seller is AW Italian. Rotors were not in Brembo boxes but they do have Brembo logo on edge of rotor along with other data like Min thickness. The pads supplied are AET, which I am happy with. Based on sellers ebay listings it looks like he does a bulk purchase for a lot of Italian cars at one time and then posts them all on ebay. He may get some cost break by buying without the Brembo boxes??
    In any case I am set for my lifetime with front rotors.
    Ken

11. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Ahh Ken I just missed this post. I have a set on a shelf that I bought a few years ago that I could have sold.

12. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    GT, if you really want to sell them post an ad on FChat. Ken