Fresh Blood - ‘84 308 QV | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fresh Blood - ‘84 308 QV

Discussion in '308/328' started by hawaiizac, Dec 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
  2. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    I’ll be there tomorrow morning for my first drive. Excited is an understatement...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

308 milano likes this.
  3. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    Did the first drive today. Met with Mechanic. The oil leak seems to originate from the aft valve cover gasket. He suggested we have the motor cleaned, then change oil, check the belts and tensioners, and confirm where leak is originating. Runs good, a little tight sliding into second, but no Weird noises or clunks. I’ll update next week when I have a list suggested by Italy Service - being helped by Anthony JR. Take care till then! Happy driving.

JuLiTrO likes this.
  4. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    Also forgot to mention the PO used water with water pump lubricant in the coolant system. Any experience with that stuff?

5. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
  6. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Well, I pick up my car this weekend from Italy Service in Las Vegas. Brian and Abe have been updating me almost daily with status and photos. They’ve been really easy to work with and have advised me of work that wasn’t necessary and they’ve done the work that was necessary. I feel very pleased with their service thus far and will update this post after I pick the car up and take my real “first drive”... thanks for your support so far “F-chat”...

Il Tifoso likes this.
  7. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    Well it’s been a great day! My wife came with me and Brian made a special trip to the shop to let me get it outside normal business hours. Then my wife and I took it out for a morning drive. It drives great - I can tell it’s likening the fact that it is out on the road. I think the windows are going a little bit faster each time I use them! I’m loving my car. Thanks for coming along in my journey. If you’re in the LAS VEGAS area, drop me a PM! Thanks. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    welcome to the club. Beautiful car. Though mine is red, I love the black ones. Hope your A/C is working perfectly, given where you are living.
    Regarding your question above: Unnecessary. The only thing inside the waterpump which is lubricated by the coolant is the mechanical seal. And for this plain water plus antifreeze is absolutely sufficient. Never run a waterpump dry though. Not even for a few seconds.

Most waterpumps fail due to bad bearings. Rarely heard of a waterpump, where the failure started at the seal.

Best from Germany
    Martin

9. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Looks like a great car, congratulations. I'm guessing you'll have to park it during the summer months in Las Vegas, but it's no different than the northern neighbors parking it during the winter.

hawaiizac likes this.