French Quarter Classic, 2012 | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic, 2012

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Aug 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #1 johnhoughtaling, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012

The French Quarter Classic Returns!!
    October 25-27, New Orleans

To all CCR members:

The following invite has been sent to you. Spots are reserved for CCR members for a limited time. Every time Franco and I have hosted the FQC over the last 12 years, it has always sold out. Therefore I urge you to register now if you would like to come. We are also extending the invitation to past FQC guests. Registrations can be done online. You will be granted an acceptance thereafter. Non CCR members will be logged and placed on a waiting list.

Buckle your seatbelt!!!:::
    Franco Valobra and I are*pleased to announce the return of the French Quarter Classic, which will play*host to this year’s CCR*Finale race. This event will be the crown jewel of the*racing season and bring the CCR event to a new level. * We expect a*tremendous grid at the new Nola Motorsports Park, a $50 million dollar*motorsports complex 12 miles from New Orleans. *
    The FQC will provide an*unmatched setting for the final round. *Each night will feature gourmet*dinners, open bar, and live music*at parties hosted by Franco and me in exciting*New Orleans. *The parties will take place at historic privately owned*estates, which*tourists can only gaze upon from behind closed gates.
    The weekend’s events are*strictly limited to 100 guests, so secure your space today by going to*www.frenchquarterclassic.com *and completing your registration.**Early Registration for the event (through*September 14th) will consist of Track Packages and*VIP Hospitality*Passes.
    The VIP Hospitality Pass*includes all of your meals and activities during the weekend, including a*Thursday welcome dinner party,*Friday and Saturday track lunches, Friday Dinner*Party and Concert, and a Saturday Night Black Tie Gala followed by the*infamous*Bourbon Street Balcony after party. *
    In addition to open*track time and the highly anticipated Ferrari CCR Finale, the track event will*feature three other competitive*races, including a "Ladies Grand*Prix" thirty-minute sprint race in the new Abarth Challenge cars, and the*featured Friday night*“La Nuevell Orleans LeMans".**This one hour endurance Abarth night race will*require a mandatory five-minute pit stop and driver*change.
    The French Quarter Classic*falls on one of New Orleans’ busiest weekends, so we STRONGLY recommend you*book your hotel*and register for the event today before the hotel and the event*are SOLD OUT!**The host hotels will be both*the Windsor Court*and the Westin, where we have a limited room block and group*rate at each.**Simply call (800)262-2662*(Windsor Court) or*(888)627-8180 (Westin) and ask for the "French Quarter*Classic Ferrari Race" group rate.
    Franco & I look*forward to seeing you in New Orleans!!!
    John W. Houghtaling, II,*Esq.
    Gauthier, Houghtaling,*& Williams
    504-456-8600
    www.ghwlegal.com

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    sounds great!

3. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    John,

your link does not work... www.frenchquarterclassic.com

I suspect it will be an excellent track event!

I wish I had a track car!

I had great time at the last FQC!

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  5. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  6. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Thanks Rob

Chris

I will make your event one of these days!!

7. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks like an awesome party, though track time is limited compared to a normal race weekend. Any chance we can get track time on Thursday as a test day?

8. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Working on thursday. Not sure as of yet. Track time will be a lot bc we have the track all to ourselves. The schedule is preliminary, and the Sport group will likely be combined into CCR.

9. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Thursday is an all day track day with the track. 5 sessions, with lunch is an extra $500.

The event is going to be the best French Quarter Classic, Franco and I have ever out on. By my estimation we have over 30 cars in the race.

I'd you've told me your coming you must register now. Hotel space is limited. We will be opening the event up soon to other FQC participants and the event will then be sold out. 50 cars, 100 people is the max, so if you are a CCR member and are planning to attend you need to do so now or it will be sold out shortly after we open it up.

10. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I am signed up and ready to go. Can't wait!!

11. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Greg - looking forward to seeing you! Glad you got the new engine sorted!!

Kim - what are the logistics for tire service? Will Bob Woodman or someone else be there for us?

12. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Bob woodman will be there.

Rob, Chris Sacco in the white and Blue 355 of Franco will also be competing. He's a good driver. The 355 count looks good.

Thursday is a test day, and there will be basically all day track time Friday and Saterday. Fri/Sat we have the track to ourselves. We are revising the Schedule but other than one touring session worked in, challenge cars can be on the track almost anytime.

There will also be a large spectator presence.

And well, it's Holloween in New Orleans, "Voodoo Fest" and Madonna is in town, so New Orleans will be huge fun!!!

13. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    See you in New Orleans!

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    This is a great event!

Everyone who can, should certainly go....

15. JFatigati

JFatigati Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    John Fatigati
    So how much power did Bill wring out of it for you?!?

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, everyone following all the CCR rules that were so hotly debated before the season? tech at every track, weights? :D

17. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The rules, I am happy to say, have worked. We tech all of the cars and weigh the top three finishers every race. HSR has been enforcing rules (HSR has spoken to a few competitors). We are still growing an infrastructure and are not tearing down engines and much has been on the honor system, but we are strategically deploying inspection resources, with the more competative and fully developed classes receiving the most attention. Cars not in compliance still race in the exhibition class. I can tell you the inspections of the 430 Class and rules have worked. (despite all the *****ing about weight penalties). The 430 and 360 cars are very even. (we are still developing the series and I am hopeful next year will see healthy 355 grids). We are improving every year. We are more strict this year than last and will be more strict next year than this year. Yet we are maintaining the series as one for gentleman drivers.

18. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Not enough! My engine was on it's last leg. I had to find a new short block. It's being built back to factory spec.

19. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    So far, we have Chris S,me, Rob, John F, and Jeff I.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's great to hear! there was just so much *****ing early on in the year, I guess everyone bored in the offseason. :D

21. JFatigati

JFatigati Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    John Fatigati
    Ouch. It seemed really strong at Sebring. Bill is a great mechanic, I am sure it is going to be a long lasting investment. My father is going to NOLA, so take it easy on him! can't wait to mix it up in the Fiat's next season!

22. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Colin is going also so lots of 355s for this round.

Are you maintaining the fuel pressure management that you had in place at Sebring? That was nicely done.

BTW, I moved to Lake Worth so you'll have to give me the run down on FL track events when I see you in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll have a chance to chase you around Sebring more often.

23. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Honestly, I don't know what Bill is doing. I bought him a newer engine and told him to put the car back together. I see him in two weeks at Sebring.
    I wanted to buy a 430 Challenge but I decided to keep the 355. 430's are just on the way down in value. So, I decided to keep it and pick up a 430 later.
    I shipped all 4 shocks out to Delta-vee. I found out the front right and the right rear shocks were broken. So, I had two good shocks on the car last time at Sebring.
    Rob, there are a lot of track events in Florida. We have Daytona, Sebring, PBIR and Homestead. Road Atlanta is close. Always something to do here. You have PBOC,NASA,Chin,SAFE, FCA,and CCR, etc.

24. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Good, Colin is going. Lots of 355's. Look out 360's!!!! The 355 boys are rolling into New Orleans!!
    430' have nothing to worry about. LOL!

25. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    For the non Challenge Cup novice and sport particpants in the FQC, some track guidlines would be helpfull to avoid last minute unpleasant surprises. Couldn't find any on the website.

Will the novice and sport groups be run like FCA track events ie

Novice dress code, long pants and sleeves and Snell 2000 and above helmets?

Sport- full nomex etc

Will there be on site tech? Pretech required (using FCA tech forms) ??

Will there be a driving school and/or instructors available for newbe drivers?

Thanks