French Quarter Apartment | Page 2 | FerrariChat

French Quarter Apartment

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Bertocchi, Nov 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    hi John

the school info is great

i'm curious about your statement "it's a great time to be in NOLA"? in light of your other post about crime activities......i'm not critisizing, i'm genuinely curious and your first hand POV
    we have plans to settle in NOLA, after priorities are taken care first...so i keep abreast of all i can

2. NOLA911

NOLA911 Karting

Jun 9, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I'm going to add that the charter school system is a step in the right direction for crime and poverty in New Orleans, but they are not useable. If you are moving to New Orleans and will send the kids to NOLA public schools, you need to look into other options.

There is a great network of private schools in the city, but they will cost you.

3. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada

in our case no kids to consider, but thanks for the info

mostly, from this distance, i just try read all i can find, and to gleen all that i can about the 'true' status of things in & around the city

:)

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Crime is a very real problem here. No two ways about it.

That being said, applications to attend places like Tulane are at all-time highs. And by a large margin.

New Orleans has one of the lowest unemployment rates of any city with a population of 250k+. Schools are turning around and will only help to lower crime rates as the years go by. Lots of young entrepreneurs are starting successful businesses. There are 30% more restaurants open now than before Katrina despite there being only 70% of the pre-Katrina population.

Many traditionally dilapidated parts of town are being revitalized. Not to mention the tremendously large medical complex that is just about to start being built.

Those items together will all help drive crime away. So having an environment of energetic people who love their culture goes a long way to quality of life. :)

5. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Why isn't there a pic of you on there in your ninja suit??? :p

My parents and brother and I all live pretty close to the park. It's a great area.

True. If you have kids and live in New Orleans, it's pretty much a given that you will have to put them in private school.

Yes, this! I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

6. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Ninja suit?

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A joke related to this exchange in another thread...

(see my new avatar)

8. norb550

norb550 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Hi David Castelhano, hope you found your new apartment. Maybe now you can find the time to send me the Ferrari tools that I paid you for that you never sent me. After nearly 2 months of emails and no responses, either send me the tools or send me my money back. Happy holidays!

9. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Tools shipped 12/1/11 by Fedex ground. Fedex made three attempts to deliver package and it was returned to NO yesterday. I have repackaged them, the box was damaged and will ship Monday. My sincere apologies and best wishes for a Happy Holiday. And BTW no luck finding an apartment. Very tough!

10. norb550

norb550 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Hi David, I still haven't received the Ferrari tools I paid you for. I see FedEx everyday and they haven't seen your box of tools either. When do you plan on sending me the tools? Someone is here at the shop everyday and allday. You've never given me the tracking numbers so I really doubt if you ever sent them in the past 2 months. Send me the tools or a refund.

11. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Tools will go out tomorrow. We have been working non-stop to get the cars and the track ready for member lapping days this past weekend. Your package is sitting waiting for UPS to pick up. I will pm you tracking number.
    So cars hit the track in Avondale for the first time and it was great to see. Three Fcars and all sorts of member cars and motorcycles all being driven to the limit.
    I also landed an apartment uptown, it was a real find that was not advertised.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think you can count on getting the tools.
    If he said he sent them, he did.
    Delivery services these days are terrible.

They once delivered my new team cars to East 9th street, when the Bill of Lading clearly said WEST 9th Street.

Best wishes in the New Year.

I'll drop into N.O. see everyone soon......

Maybe drop them into USPS Dave, or get them to a Drop Off?
    The route drivers really are not 'into' picking up, most days I see them, esp. if it's HEAVY! LOL!

I had to chase down a set of brake discs just last month.

13. norb550

norb550 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Hi David. Have you had a chance in your busy schedule to ship the Ferrari tools that I paid you for. I haven't been given the tracking number or heard from you about this. I doubt that FedEx is as flaky as you've claimed. Since you were deperate to get paid, its now not that urgent to ship the tools as you have promised numerous times.

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Wow

Something ain't right...

15. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Package sent UPS ground. Tracking number sent by PM when I get home.

16. norb550

norb550 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    I'll cross my fingers but I wont hold my breathe.

17. norb550

norb550 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Tracking number you gave me is invalid with UPS and FedEx. Lets try this again!

18. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Since you persist on trying this publically I will scan the shipping receipt and post it here publically. It was an additional $53.

19. norb550

norb550 Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Go ahead, what do I care. Why don't you post the slip from when you shipped it in December while your at it. By the way, I had to pay $40.00 to wire the funds for the tools since you needed the money so bad. Stop the games and just ship the stupid tools and lets get back to work.

20. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I absolutely LOVE this thread!!!!!

21. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    David

Nothing you have done here is against the Fchat terms of service. That being said, this thread isn't really helping you out...

I really hope that this has been a major misunderstanding.

22. xraes

xraes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2011
    NC
    Does this guy really think anyone believe he's shipped these things? Seems like a tool with no tools.

Rodney

23. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    this is not the forum for this kind of stuff.

24. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    good idea to do that to shut him up.

25. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    #50 Bertocchi, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I did not feel the need to post a long drawn out explanation of this unfortunate course events but here goes;
    After moving to Louisiana to pursue a new job opportunity I discovered that the job I came here for would not be available for several months. After trying to create something else to do I offered these tools to NORB 550 to raise some cash. Shortly afterwards I started working 7 days a week and commuting sometimes 4 hours each day.
    I had to rely on others to help me with things like shiping this and other packages. The tools got sent to the wrong place and returned. The holidays came around and my schedule got even tighter. A friend returned from visiting her family Thursday and dropped the package at a local UPS store Friday, the receipt is attached. I do not know why UPS does not accept this tracking number but the people at the store claim it will update?
    On top of all this I was involved in a multi car accident on 12/29 and my MB was totaled. I spent the day in Slidell Memorial and missed work.
    My apologies to this board for having them suffer through all of this and my thanks to those who stood by me. I do not forget a kindness...ever!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login