Free Breakfast Bartlesville 06/06/2009 | FerrariChat

Free Breakfast Bartlesville 06/06/2009

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by deon.smith, May 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Sunfest is on in Bartlesville during this weekend with a car show on Saturday. (Randy has been there). I am proposing breakfast at Hillcrest Country Club at around 10:00am and then we can take a drive to the car show at Johnstone Park. (Your cars will blow the glamour from the show cars). I also have a nephew visiting from South Africa that would love to see some exotics.
    Weather permitting I would love to have you guys as my guests. (All Hillcrest costs will be covered by me).

Please let me know whether you can attend and how many. (Better halves are welcome).

Kind Regards.
    Deon.

2. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Sounds good to me. We have to be done with the rain by then.

3. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #3 deon.smith, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
    My ark is starting to float. (The Gallardo is ready at the shop but this weather is not allowing me to pick it up. (I might have to have it shipped or find someone on the spur of the moment to pick it up when the weather allows.))

Any Co-drivers?. AMG E63

4. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    You may have to use your Ark to bring it home in...........LOL

5. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
  6. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Will try and make it in june deon. How was madrid?

7. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Scott,

Unfortunately due to illness in the family I did not make it to Barcelona. I am trying to shoot for Monte Carlo this coming weekend though.

Would be great if you can make it on the 6th.

Kind Regards.
    Deon.

8. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry to hear about the illness... I hope things are now well. Monte Carlo is a far better vacation for car nuts! Just imagine flooring a 430 spider in that tunnel! Good luck and have a safe trip!

9. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    will try to make it as well, sounds like a good time. NO RAIN

Brian

10. Darell

Darell Rookie

Jun 28, 2007
    I'm getting new wood grain installed on my 72 pinto with port hole window. if it is back in time count me in, John you going to ride shotgun? If not Darell Lee will be ridding shotgun in his leisure suit.

11. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Have you ever seen a 72 Pinto with a Gurney Bubble? Darell?

Brian

12. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Is Darell having me on?. A Pinto is welcome but weird. Does it have a Lambo drive-train?.

Darell still will be glad to see you. The meet is for car nuts like myself.

Kind Regards,
    Deon.

13. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    #13 NSXER, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Darell,
    Are you going to change the color also or just add the wood and port hole window. Please keep it white and the roof rack :)

Brian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    That is a exotic because I dont see them on the road anywhere

15. Darell

Darell Rookie

Jun 28, 2007
    Brian yes I would not change the color form the original white the pintos are worth much more in original condition. The port hole window was a option and very hard to find so I'm having the back glass removed and a port hole panel installed and while the car is in the shop I'm having the interior Diamond tucked and lost's of carbon fiber added much like the pinto R models that where raced in the 70's.

16. Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit Karting

May 10, 2008
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make the date due to prior shopping promise to the wife in KC. Did I say that in Public?...Anyways, I think everyone will have a pleasant suprise when Darell rolls up in his Pinto R specially modified with composite materials, underbody air diverters and removable steering wheel. We plan to embark on the journey to Road America in July to test this beast out. Brian's GT40 aint got nothin on this. I'm thinkin 200 hundee plus on back straight........Forget Monte Tunnel, think Mulsanne Straight with this bad boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw1ty-QWdYE

See you guys soon
    Jon

17. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #17 deon.smith, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
    Pinto R disguised as a GT40?. What is Darell bringing?. Being not from the States I have no idea what a Pinto R is.

If the two GT40's are coming down here it will make my year. (Actually my life).

Deon.

18. AMGBiturbo

AMGBiturbo Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Everyone ready for the drive?

19. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Well to bad this isn't happening next Saturday cause I have that one off!! Crap the luck I have!! LOL!! I had so much fun last Saturday to!!

20. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Guys,

Had a blast last Saturday!. First time ever I went through a tank of gas in the Gallardo in a day. (hit low gas warning as I turned into my driveway).

Could you please confirm whether you will make it this Sarurday and your headcount. I have to make seating arrangements at the club.

I will have 3 in my party. 2 in the Gallardo and my daughter in her slighlty modified 350Z.

Kind Regards.
    Deon.

21. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Yes I will be there with my wife or my son not sure on which one. Brian which highway will you and Darrel be taking because if your taking 166 to 75 I can meet you guys in Caney.

22. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Forgot to mention:

My daughter would like to do a professional photo shoot at the club and might want some cars to move to achieve this. I hope this will work for you. We will send a CD/DVD to each.
    I have also procured a select parking spot for our cars at the car show from the organizer. It is on grass just off blacktop so no dusty cr..p.

Would be great to see you there but I do confirmations.

23. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Sounds great hope we have alot of people to show up.

24. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
  25. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I will be there...count me in.

Brian