FOX AND NASCAR SUCK! | FerrariChat

FOX AND NASCAR SUCK!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Eric R, Feb 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Let's put the race to the side and talk about the result. I love that McDowell won since it was his first win in the series. Ha Hoo not Hamlin or some other big time driver. But the after race coverage was political. They did not even join McDowell and the team in Victory Lane. He was by himself. They were interviewing all the big names that lost. **** FOX!

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I am thrilled with McDowell's win but I agree...not the first time either

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I can only hope that FRM is able to build on this and prove a LOT of doubters wrong.

4. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    we took our F430 to a local track for an ALS ( Lou Gerig Image Unavailable, Please Login disease ) charity track day and we BEAT all the NASCAR racers at their own track ! what fun ! They were quite surprised and said "damn boy ! that thing is FAST ! " LOL

LARRYH likes this.
  5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    If a network wants to broadcast NASCAR, they have to conform to the narrative generated
    deep in the dark fake wood paneled offices in Daytonner.

This means, keeping the faces of the drivers they want showcased on a race-to-race
    basis, even when they finish 14th, they can get on camera as often as possible so they may
    say "We had a top 20 car all day long, so we're super happy with 14th, man!".

They also must generate live content showcasing the event's sponsors so if a race is
    sponsored by Coca-Cola, be assured every driver in the pit lane has a col-col-cola
    in his hand.

When a driver wins that doesn't fit the narrative, heaven help the poor guy. Take it from
    Mario Andretti. When Mario won Daytona, it was frowned upon that a driver from north
    of the Mason-Dixon line with a furrin' sounding name took their beloved race. It was to
    the point where Mario stood in Victory Lane with only the race queen, no Ford executives,
    no representatives from Daytonner. Be assured, all these years later, not much has changed.

Want to confuse a NASCAR guy at a track event? Ask them how many CC's the car has.

BHW

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Here in 'Merica, we use cid...

tazz99 likes this.
  7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7 Nembo1777, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Redneck taxi cab racing.

I covered two races for European magazines, Charlotte may 98 and the first Homestead.

Not impressed with how nas***p dealt with media, I asked for the rule book in Charlotte and they got testy, said they don't give that out. After a moment I decided not to tell the press lady in her little "media shack" how things were done in F1.

I wondered what I was doing there...

By prior arrangement -many months before "Ya callin from Faranceh?"- we interviewed Richard Petty in his motorhome, he could not have been more gracious or accomodating. Great man.Surprisingly he had a very fine selection of French wine there, not the beers one would expect. For the photos he first had to put his hat and sunglasses back on:)

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Great story Marc.

I met Richard Petty (one of my childhood heroes) quite by chance in the DIS office parking lot
    must have been 1988. I was going in to purchase tickets to the 24 Hours as I was living
    in Daytona at the time while studying at the Southeast Center for Photographic Studies
    down the street from the track.

As I parked and was getting my paperwork together, another car parked alongside and a few
    guys were getting out and I hardly took notice Just as I got out, I heard a familiar voice say
    "Good to see you wearing your seatbelt son!".

I looked over and it was Richard Petty. Stunned I said, "Yes sir, always!" and they went into
    the offices and on upstairs. A short brush with greatness, I'm sure Richard remembers it to this
    day.

BHW

9. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    How come they have a couple of hours of pre-race dribble then when they go 'live' to start the race there is another half hour (at least) of crap before the race starts. If thy hope to get me to tune in, give me the F-1 type of coverage. Pre-race if I care to DVR it but when it's race time, get to the grid and go. The PC feel good crap is already old so cut it out please.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    NASCAR got a little more woke today. I’ll say no more than that.

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Because, in marketing, when the product is weak, overhype!

NASCAR's Super Bowlesque pre-event hype is so overdone to the point now where they've
    got announcers and drivers doing lame skits, etc. that it's long past due for someone to hit the
    reset button.

BHW

12. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Come on, man....tell us more.
    I mean, I've got a new truck, I know what beer I like, and taking a nap on Sunday afternoon is time better spent than 3 hours of NASCAR.

Nembo1777 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  13. Aaaaahhhhh. Someone that uses that gray matter instead of torturing themselves.

As always, instead of all the bitchin', why not just ignore/avoid what you don't like? 'T'ain't rocket science........