News

FoW Ownership Change?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by StanT, Jan 31, 2021.

1. jjforsy

jjforsy Rookie

Feb 12, 2008
    I am from Central PA and have dealt with Algar purchasing 9 cars from them over the years-Francis was awesome-place not the same since his departure. Tried to buy from FoW but never wanted to even try to deal. The comment that has prevented me from ever going back"Well we would like to do business with people from PA, but we sell every new and used car we have available regardless so we really don't need business from PA

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. StanT

StanT Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    That sure sounds arrogant, and off-putting. Would sure keep me away.

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie

May 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I spoke with FoW a few years ago about a 512 BB they had. Aside from knowing nothing about the car, they were totally obnoxious.

LARRYH, 375+ and Texas Forever like this.
  5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This thread's a little depressing for me. I spent about a decade sniffing around FOW, wandering to the back of the maintenance shop, talking to all the guys, bought several cars there, sold a couple there, and I've always been treated well. How attentive they are on the floor seems to ebb and flow, but there were years when I'd drop in weekly and I'd always end up in a 10 minute conversation. Everyone always smiles and waves. I may actually be done with Ferraris. I don't know. I've been through half a dozen of them and with a C8 coming I'm just not sure what would attract me back unless an F8 maybe some day money depending. So I really have no skin in this. But I think really highly of FoW, always have. Jonathan and Franklyn in sales are both super nice, James does a hell of a job running Service. It's a pity they don't provide consistent service, apparently. This sort of feedback lasts in cyberspace forever. But they are not a bad dealership.

Pis7a2020 and carz80am like this.
  6. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    FoW is beginning to sponsor and host some events with the Mid-Atlantic Region. It would be nice to have a stronger presence by them, problematic as some of their corporate culture might be. A few years ago FoW put on a meet-and-greet at the dealership and then a group drive to the Salamander Resort in Middleburg with an open bar and quite good buffet food, all at zero cost. I'd do this again any time.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Totally agree. Probably 5-6 years ago I didn't want to do any business with them. The last few years ago, I think I've bought like 5 cars from them and have put down some deposits for new orders. To me, they've gotten better the last few years but all businesses have their flaws and I know some customers are never happy. Across the board, all businesses seem to be having issues with customer service/employees and unfortunately I think its going to get worse.

9. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    5-6 years ago I was there a couple times a week hanging out and loved everyone and everything about that dealership. And back then the naysayers were lamenting the loss of the fun years with Allie Ash which I just missed. I've met him several times, great guy, probably was a great run for FoW. Opinions always vary, experiences vary.

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    It was a totally different vibe with Allie and crew. Always someone to come out and talk with you regardless of your status with the dealership.
    The "flagship" ambassador was Redding Finney!! greatest guy and real Ferrari Tifosi. Heck even the receptionist, Karen, I think, was always super helpful and delightful when you entered the showroom.

StanT, Bryanp and Piper like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I am still there about once a week. I have a problem and need help.... :(

E60 M5 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I really like JAMES he takes care of any issue i have ... Quickly and fairly

14. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    Yep the Allie days were the best you could even work on your car on weekends at the shop...ran into Ralf a couple of years ago down in FL and we had a long walk thru memory lane

StanT and E60 M5 like this.