FOW - experiences over last 4 months | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FOW - experiences over last 4 months

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by solowmodel, Dec 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    You know its funny, I was the first one to custom order a Gallardo that color back in 05 when they let us start ordering custom colors and Murci colors. One of the best looking cars in that color period. I will keep my eyes peeled. I would personally love to be able to afford an 06 Verde Ithaca car in an SE edition. That car was just so cool looking!

2. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    That is EXACTLY the stuff we need to hear about. It will be addressed tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Lambo is a little tougher as I am only there the last three days of the week, but we do have a heads up when someone goes in there. I apologize for your wait to get someone to say hello, we will work on that.

I hope that you had a great visit other than that. Sorry I missed you. I am sitting at the airport on my way there now.

3. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Same thing happened to me about a month ago. I'm about 10 years from being a buyer and it was the day after christmas but I still thought it odd.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have a buddy with exactly that---06 SE - Verde Ithica---He told me when he is ready to sell it is mine, guess we will see.... Need to find $100k real fast...:D

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #155 4REphotographer, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This one perhaps? :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Oh man, that's the car! I love that car. That is exactly how I would build one for myself now in a 560 if I could pull it off.

7. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Sunny's car? If so, yep....

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yeah, it was probably just Sunny being a bit heavy on the gas but it was louder than the LP640 pulling away. :D

9. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Chris,

Know it is hard to change dates at the last minute, but we are supposed to be getting a ##$%load of snow on Friday night or at the latest on SAT.

What about next weekend for the breakfast?

MB

10. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    I don't know if we can change it. I do see the efficacy of changing dates. I don't know how many people are committed in a way that they could not change. Is this something that you guys think we should address? I think we have a catering thing planned that we might not be able to change. I can ask if you guys think it is important. I just don't know if it is possible. Let me know.

11. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Chris, StanT is talking about the Ferrari Club of America Mid-Atlantic Region (FCA-MAR). The region includes VA, MD,WV, DE and D.C. We've got about 280 members who would love to see FoW, MoW, LoW and Maserati of Baltimore rise up from the ashes . . . please! We are a very active--20 events in 2009-- and well organized region. Josh and Bill, Jr. and Sr. know who we are and know we are on their side in making that happen. You and I need to talk. I'm the MAR Director and I plan to be at the Swap Meet on Sat barring a heavy snow. If snow happens, let's meet sometime next week.

Bill

12. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Hey Everyone,

Swap meet has been postponed due to inclement weather. We are working with the Ferrari Club guys to come up with another date. We just don't want people out there risking their saftey to come to the event, we would rather host everyone at a later date that will be more accomdating to the event and to you as a group. I wish it was different, I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, we will have it soon though is my understanding. Please let me know if you have any questions or feel free to call the shop.

13. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I think you made the right call.

14. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    We were all really looking forward to it, me especially since I am new to the area and the store in general. We just need to think about everyone and everything involved and it just made too much sense to put it off for a bit, we would hate to have a tragic story of some sort of loss.

Thanks for the understanding.

15. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    Smart move given the weather. Looking forward to the new date. Thanks

16. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    +1
    I won't lead you wrong...knew the weather was going to suck. You made the right call. :D

17. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    awsome choice.. now maybe I can make the rescheduled date. Can forward my Saturday schedule to help with the choice of new dates :->

18. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    We will keep everyone posted as to when it is going to happen. Thanks for the understanding, it will be great when it happens. I know a lot of people were really jazzed up about it, will be cool to meet with everyone. Hope you guys have a great weekend. We will likely be here unless we can't get shoveled out so if you have an H-1 or a tank, feel free to stop in!

19. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just a quick update: Chris has been great keeping in touch with me about bringing my Maserati in as discussed earlier in this thread. Due to the weather and unforeseen health reasons, we had to keep rescheduling. I'm set to drop it off tomorrow and will report back about how things went after I pick it up next week. I'm optimistic that things will hopefully work out this time and I'm not charged for them to tell me they can't do the work.

20. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Look forward to meeting you tomorrow. I certainly hope that they can be of help to you.

21. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Just had a 3-year service done on my black 430 at FOW.
    All went well. Work was completed on time and within the amount they said it would be.

I got a few emails from Peterson along the way - I like the email form of communication for this kind of thing, it makes it easy when I'm busy at work.

And, I got a 10% discount off the bill because I'm an FCA club member. That was a pleasant surprise, for sure.

Just thought I'd post my latest service experience with them, which was a good one.

22. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Picked up my Maserati Spyder today. The Service Adviser I dealt with was Ali. Very professional and friendly. Extremely knowledgeable about Maserati's and cars in general.

If you have read my earlier posts, FMoW in my mind had screwed me a few times. This is both the old and new owners.

I dropped the car off this past Saturday. It sat out front until late Monday or early Tuesday. Not thrilled about that. Ali was off when I dropped it off so Glen handled things. I asked for an oil change and Glen told me it was on special for $195. I suspected a problem with the brake switch and after checking the codes, Ali was quick to call with the info and my suspicion was correct.

As I was talking with Glen, who for some reason seemed extremely nervous, Chris came over and introduced himself. Nice guy and we chatted for a bit. He assured me that I would be taken care of.

Ali also told me the car needed new tires. I asked how much to mount the tires I ordered from Tire Rack and also an alignment. Here's where things got stupid. He quoted me $575, but said they could do it for $550. I called Euro Motorsports who do the work on my Mercedes and they checked to make sure they could do the alignment. They could and quoted me $215 for the mounting and alignment. That's a huge price difference. I gave Ali the chance to at least come close and he said they couldn't. If they could have come within $50-$100 of the other quote, I told him I would have them do the work. He said they couldn't, so I picked the car up.

They did do some other code checking for an airbag problem at no charge. We discussed the repairs that may be needed to fix the airbag problem at a later date. I was charged exactly was I was quoted which was a first in the seven years I've been dealing with them.

Overall, I really liked Ali's professional attitude and would return because of the way he treated me and kept me updated. There were some small things like my car being left out front for several days, but I'm not that anal about the car being out in the atmosphere.

I'm not a cheap person, but I think FMoW still needs realistic pricing. The tire quote was way over what any other dealer would charge and the mounting equipment is the same. I feel they are trying, and Ali might just lead them in the right direction.

Would I recommend FMoW? Only for code analysis and must have now repairs as some of their prices just can't be justified. They are getting better in the way they treat the customer and I hope it continues.

23. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Hey Kevin,

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity. I was communicating with Ali most of the time to see how things were shaking out. Glad we got some things worked out for you! Sorry about the tires but certainly appreciate the feedback. There are always areas of opportunity for improvement and refinement, we will see what we can do.

Hope to see you again for the events this weekend if you can make it out. If you need anything don't hesitate to give me a shout.

24. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks Chris. I was very impressed with Ali and would return if he handled my cars. He's very upfront and honest.

25. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    I have to say I was not expecting much from FoW reading through this thread and seeing Chris' postings in other threads but I have to say that Peterson treated me very well when I dropped the car in for a full up detail, state inspection, emissions, and a cluster fix. Granted these were relatively easy tasks but they delivered on time and under the price estimates. I'll be back for service when she needs a little love.

Slowly but surely I think they can get their recipe for success back on track.