Four door Bugatti | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Four door Bugatti

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by AlexO91, Sep 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So now when someone asks "what do you get when you cross a Panamera with a Q7", I will know the Bugatti Galabier 16C is the correct answer.

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    When I think of Bugatti I think of style, I think of racing heritage but most of all I think of the Royale, imposing and just simply the best of its time it made a luxury car statement that in my mind has never been equalled. Now we have VW arrive with this, a car quite frankly is revolting in everyway.

There was a real opportunity here to make the best, a luxury car true to the spirit of the Royale, sadly what we have here is just a parts bin special.

Its sad it really is.

3. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    I couldn't agree more.

4. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    #29 Michiel Mobiel, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cadillac once did a much better job reviving one of their icons...
    Too bad they did not manage to proceed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Someone needs to smack these guys across the head. This car is "OMG" ugly. I thought the Veyron was bad...

Some things are better left in the past.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #31 TheMayor, Sep 19, 2009
    Here is the target customer:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    All I need is THIS CAR and I'll be happy!

8. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    You beat me to it. I believe the Cadillac Sixteen was a much better designed car and looked more regal. It too was supposed to be a sixteen cylinder with 1,000hp but only cost $350,000 if I remember right. This is a car that should have been built.

9. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    +1 Yeah it was 16 cylinders, 13 litres, 1,000bhp if i remember correctly.

10. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Of course you can....Mythbusters did it a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

New Bugatti isn't for me (not like I could afford it anyhow) but I am sure that there are those out there that'll buy it.

11. eric t

eric t Karting

Sep 23, 2007
    I totally agree !! Ettore would never build a 'pimp'car.
    You can stick thousand Bugatti badges on the VW designed and build car but it will never be a Bugatti in the spirit of Ettore Bugatti.
    How many millions of Euros will VW spend before they'll realise this???

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I wonder if it will be anything like the coupe? Where as per the manufacturer you have to replace the tires every 2500 miles and the wheels TOO on every third tire changes. Only the official dealer can sell the unique tire or mount the tire on the wheel. Not to mention the $14,000 oil change and inspection...
    CH

13. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Agree the Caddy is much more stylish. I just hope that there is a serious rethink about this because there is so much potential for something truly bespoke.

14. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    A good few ideas came from the Giugiaro 4-door from the 90-ies too. That one, though, looked a lot better than this thing. I have to admit, nice interior.

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That one looks like an older Hyundai, or a Chinese knockoff of a Hyundai.

16. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    Same as the Veyron.

17. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I'm telling you somebodys gotta slap some 22's on that and put it in a rap video :D

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'm sure it'll happen.

19. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Is this another Bugatti named after some obscure French driver? Just how much prewar French racing history do we have to know to respect the name choice? I liked it when they called a recent model option Pur Sang because that I could understand.

(I looked it up but could only find a reference to a mountain called the Col du Galibier, one of the nastiest parts of the bicycle race called the Tour de France
    I would think the sedan would be lower priced than the two door two seater mid-engined car because it's a lot less complex. And if it becomes common knowledge it's a rebodied re-engined Bentley (as someone here has impishly implied) it can't be too many times the price of the Bentley it borrows from (reminds me of when Aston Martin sold a model that was just a re-engined Jag roadster with new nose and tail caps) otherwise the buyer will look like he was taken for a ride.

I would believe it would have a pricetag something like $450K to $650K tho even though as I write those figures they seem ridiculous on their own accord...

20. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Galibrier was the catalog name for the four door closed coupes built by Glagloff of Colmar on the Type 57 chassis. Galgloff's open cars were called Stelvio (after the Stelvio Pass in Italy), and his two door coupes were called Ventoux, after Mt. Ventoux, one of the most demanding climb at the Tour de France.

21. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    My favorite Bugatti (actually the only one I saw as a youth) was the Type 41 Royale (chassis 41 121) in the collection of the Henry Ford Museum, a white one with a long, long hood. I think it was a two door convertible. That car came from a GM engineer who, improbably, rescued it from a Long Island junkyard. (or does this report belong in Barn Finds? ) He paid the monumental sum of $412!

thanks for saying where the name came from, but , being from the marketing end of the car biz, I have to say this thing where we are all automatically supposed to know the names of their prewar models is a bit too infra-dig. I met a couple of would be Veyron buyers at Pebble Beach (Bugatti had a little hospitality thing going on there for customers) and I wager they didn't know a damn thing about Bugatti history, just that the car in front of them was ultra-expensive and ultra-fast.

22. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.

Yes, the Weinberger Cabriolet is a favorite of mine, too. I used to see the Cunningham car monthly until Briggs sold the collection to Collier.

IMHO, VW is trying to tie the current "Bugatti" brand to the proper Ettore-owned company. Other than VW ownng Molsheim, there is no link.

At least Michael Bugatti was (as I recall?) somewhat involved in the 90's Italian effort with the marque.

23. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    #48 ferrarilover, Jan 5, 2010
  24. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta