355 - Found another one, looking for advise | FerrariChat

355 Found another one, looking for advise

Discussion in '348/355' started by 32 Ford, Mar 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    After 2.5 weeks of back and forth with a dealer in Seattle on a 99 spider F1 with all the "stuff" done, good price, he Texts me on Friday and says it's sold to someone else. WTF, I was so disappointed. Guess I was asking for too many Pictures.

I found another, right in my back yard. Went and looked at it today. Had a couple questions hoping you guys could help with. It has headers on it. Hard to see so not sure what brand. There is no header heat shielding. How big of a problem is that going to be? I can add something later. Read a bunch about the Cats, Muffler shielding here. There are no air rails on the header, nor any of the associated parts. It's a Canadian car with KPH speedo, Celsius temperatures and sold in BC. Did we Canadians not need the air rails?
    The door sills have some ripples in them. I suspect it's the "rusty door sill" issue you guys have been talking about. Is it an easy fix? major problem? looks like the original tires. Seem like every car I look at has old, hard as rock tires on them. What gives? It not like it's a good thing to have original tires. Has a little nose rub under the front. Other than that it a beauty. No sticky, no warp interior, clean title, looks well maintained, keys, manuals. Just need to get the service records, A PPI and try to make a deal. His price is WAY high. Need to get him down to earth. Otherwise it's a no go.
    Thank again
    Mike

2. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Headers are most likely Fabspeed, and yes running them unshielded will fry your engine bay more than usual. I would get the Fabspeed blankets or install your own. As for price, I would subject the seller to a reality check. He may be in no hurry and believe that eventually someone will pay his price. No point in pursuing the car if that's his mentality.

3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    If you want to send me a PM on more details of the car I can see if I know the car myself or someone in BC who does.