Forza Motorsports with Japanese bias? | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsports with Japanese bias?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tifosi12, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Every time I build up a Ferrari to the max in Forza, the end result is a fast, but very squirelly car, that is a handful to control (e.g. TR and Scaglietti). If I do the same thing with a Japanese car (Subaru, Toyota, Mazda) I end up with a fast and totally steady car, that is a pleasure to drive. Realistic?

I had similar feelings when driving GT4 where the Japanese cars end up as rock solid super fast ricers and rarely any other European/American cars are a joy to drive.

On a more positive note: The Stratos in Forza is powerful and controllable, a total joy. It was a slow dog and handled like a pig in GT4, Rallysport Challenge and PGR2.

Comments?

2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Haven't played Forza, but what you're describing doesn't sound surprising.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Really? How come?

GT4 being a Japanese development I can understand the bias, not that I like it. But I expected more from Forza being a global product from Microsoft.

4. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    I agree about the japanese cars being better at gran turismo games. But
    I dont really agree on that when it comes to Forza, i mean take the 355 challenge for example, it pretty much beat anything in a class and it has almost all the track records for a class cars. Also the 360+ 360 CS has great handle and is very fast.

I havent driven the Enzo, F50 yet but im sure they are quite good as well. Sure if you take really tuned skyline it beats pretty much anything on the straight line but as soon as the corner comes my Pagani goes past it very easy.

So imo Forza isnt like the gran turismo series, here there is lots of great fast cars outside the japanese models.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I found great non Japanese cars in GT4 as well (e.g. the racing Mercs). What surprised me in Forza is, that the tuned up Ferraris behave like pigs, even with Traction Control and Stabilization control turned on (even when some of those cars didn't have that feature).

Try it out: Upgrade a Scaglietti to the max and upgrade a RX-7 to the max. The 612 constantly tries to break out of line whereas the Mazda is a superfast freight train on wheels. Solid as a rock and superfast. And let's not even talk about beefing up the GTO or the TR, they are borderline controllable.

The CS in PGR2 was one of the most balanced cars, so I'm still hopeful for Forza (haven't unlocked it yet).

Maybe the lesson to be learned is, that you should beef up your ricer, but leave your Ferrari stock. The game has a point...
    :)

6. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    I havent really driven the 612 so i dont know about that car...but if you compare the rx7 to something more similar like a tuned up 355, 360 then you'll see that these Ferraris are great and beats most cars in their class.

Have you driven the 355 challenge? if not you must get it since its sooo lovely!

BTW we should all have a ferrarichatt race sometime...would be really fun to race some ferraris with some members here :)

7. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I own PGR 1 & 2, Gran Turismo 1 to 4 and now Forza.

IMHO Forza's physics are not as good as GT4's. Forza is a game that has still yet to comprehend weight transfer. Forza allows you to powerslide the cars more than say in GT4, but racing isnt about drifting around everywhere. GT4 is not perfect, its flawed in many ways.

And one more important comparison between the two. GT4's rendition of the 'ring is something Forza didnt come anywhere near to acheive. I still believe that GT4 is the better game. And i also think that a well engineered and thought out game could easily beat it. So what's that saying about Forza?